THE BROWNS BOARD

March 11th @ noon through March 13 @ 4:00pm

Orion

...New York time, of course.

per Gipper's important dates thread.....That's when Dorsey can be in contact with agents of perspective free agents....and then on the 13th at 4:00pm he can sign them....OR, he can trade for guys.

LAST YEAR at that time Dorsey knew that few free agents were going to WANT to come to Cleveland and be part of the perpetual dysfunction....so he brought guys in kicking and screaming (he traded for them).  That was brilliant.  (fortunately he had some draft capitol to play with)

THIS YEAR, will be somewhat different.  We HAVE what seems like a legitimate NFL QB.  (that's huge)  We have at least a couple of receiving weapons.  We have a running back.  We won some games while looking fairly good in the process.  We have an NFL caliber football team now.  We just need a few more pieces to the puzzle (in theory).  

I'll be very interested to see if Dorsey does any trading this time around since we are now a much more appealing destination to FA's.  Why....I wonder if Alex Mack would want to come back.  lol

It's officially the off season!   Go Browns!   Super Bowl Browns....Hell Yeah!  :)

~ AND ~

NFL offseason schedule 2019 - condensed version

FEBRUARY

• Feb. 4: Waiver system begins for 2019.
  • Feb. 12: Beginning at 12:00 noon, New York time, NFL clubs may begin to sign players whose 2019 CFL contracts have expired. Players under contract to a CFL club for the 2019 season or who have an option for the 2019 season are not eligible to be signed.
  • Feb. 19: First day for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players. 
  • Feb. 26-March 4: NFL Scouting Combine, Lucas Oil Stadium, Indianapolis, Indiana.

MARCH

• March 5: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, deadline for clubs to designate Franchise or Transition Players.
  • March 11-13: Clubs are permitted to contact, and enter into contract negotiations with, the certified agents of players who will become Unrestricted Free Agents upon the expiration of their 2018 player contracts at 4:00 p.m., New York time, on March 13.
  • March 13: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must exercise options for 2019 on all players who have option clauses in their 2018 contracts.
  • March 13: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit qualifying offers to their Restricted Free Agents with expiring contracts to retain a Right of First Refusal/Compensation.
  • March 13: Prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time, clubs must submit a minimum salary tender to retain exclusive negotiating rights to their players with expiring 2018 contracts who have fewer than three accrued seasons of free agency credit.
  • March 13: Top 51 Rule begins. All clubs must be under the 2019 Salary Cap prior to 4:00 p.m., New York time.
  • March 13: All 2018 player contracts will expire at 4:00 p.m., New York time.
  • March 13: The 2019 league year and free agency period begin at 4:00 p.m., New York time. The first day of the 2019 league year will end at 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13. Clubs will receive a personnel notice that will include all transactions submitted to the league office during the period between 4:00 p.m., New York time, and 11:59:59 p.m., New York time, on March 13.
  • March 13: Trading period for 2019 begins at 4:00 p.m., New York time, after expiration of all 2018 contracts.
  • March 24-27: Annual League Meeting, Phoenix, Arizona.

APRIL

• April 1: Clubs that hired a new head coach after the end of the 2018 regular season may begin offseason workout programs.
  • April 15: Clubs with returning head coaches may begin offseason workout programs.
  • April 19: Deadline for Restricted Free Agents to sign offer sheets.
  • April 25-27: 2019 NFL Draft, Nashville, Tennessee.  <---- should have been Cleveland, Ohio (my opinion)

SEPTEMBER

• Sept. 1: Claiming period for players placed on waivers at the final roster reduction will expire at 12:00 noon, New York time.
  • Sept. 1: Upon receipt of the Personnel Notice at approximately 1:00 p.m., New York time, clubs may establish a practice squad of 10 players (clubs participating in the International Player Development Program may sign one additional international player to a Practice Player Contract.) No club, including the player’s prior club, will be permitted to sign a player to a practice player contract until all clubs have received simultaneous notification via the above Personnel Notice that such player’s prior NFL player contract has been terminated via the waiver system.
  • Sept. 5: At 12:00 a.m., New York time, the Top 51 Rule expires for all NFL clubs. 
  • Sept. 5: 8-9 Regular Season Week 1.  :)

Actually, my focus was a little narrower.  :)   The 3 days leading up to the start of the new season on March  13th  at 4:00 pm EST. (at least I THINK it will still be 'standard' time and not 'savings' time)

I'm guessing that Dorsey won't be involved with trades at 4:00 pm but will instead be focused on the free agents.

Also in our BROWNS offseason don't forget about these fun spring and summer events......get your tickets now.

MLB Opening Day - March 28, and.......

cut.jpg

22 hours ago, Orion said:

...New York time, of course.

per Gipper's important dates thread.....That's when Dorsey can be in contact with agents of perspective free agents....and then on the 13th at 4:00pm he can sign them....OR, he can trade for guys.

LAST YEAR at that time Dorsey knew that few free agents were going to WANT to come to Cleveland and be part of the perpetual dysfunction....so he brought guys in kicking and screaming (he traded for them).  That was brilliant.  (fortunately he had some draft capitol to play with)

THIS YEAR, will be somewhat different.  We HAVE what seems like a legitimate NFL QB.  (that's huge)  We have at least a couple of receiving weapons.  We have a running back.  We won some games while looking fairly good in the process.  We have an NFL caliber football team now.  We just need a few more pieces to the puzzle (in theory).  

I'll be very interested to see if Dorsey does any trading this time around since we are now a much more appealing destination to FA's.  Why....I wonder if Alex Mack would want to come back.  lol

It's officially the off season!   Go Browns!   Super Bowl Browns....Hell Yeah!  :)

Tretter may not be quite as good as Mack, but he damn sure won me over this season. 

...and from watching the Baker Miced Up I noticed that Tretter seems like a nice guy.  Of course that doesn't mean a whole lot.   (was basically joking about Mack wanting back in)

Archived