THE BROWNS BOARD

PFF Season Summary

Unsympathetic

Interesting article

I didn't know we were as bad at tackling as we.. are.  New D coordinator, job #1 is to get back to middle-of-the-road in not missing tackles.

I knew Schobert was good, but he showed up even better in 2018.

Pass rush.. was wildly bad, even though the FO made decisions to keep players based on asserted greater passrush.

3 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Interesting article

I didn't know we were as bad at tackling as we.. are. 

I basically knew it.   I can see.

New D coordinator, job #1 is to get back to middle-of-the-road in not missing tackles.

Pass rush.. was wildly bad, even though the FO made decisions to keep players based on asserted greater passrush.

Did they?  I would have thought that Nassib would have been kept if that was the case.    I think we need bot DT and DE.....or pass rushing OLB.

8 hours ago, Unsympathetic said:

Interesting article

I didn't know we were as bad at tackling as we.. are.  New D coordinator, job #1 is to get back to middle-of-the-road in not missing tackles.

Not so fast on Schobert. Step up in coverage, sure, but he contributed to that missed tackle stat as well. 

I think he’ll shore it up though. I think his deficiency in coverage was a knock on him 2 seasons ago, and apparently he shored that up. He’ll recognize any deficencies last season and shore those up too.

Yo Joe!!

15 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Our 4 man rush was....  incredibly hit or miss.   Usually depended on the secondary doing it's thing.  

For sure. Garrett, Joe S, Avery and Ogunjobi really shined this season but the others were really hit or miss. With the amount of DL/OLB talent available this draft that should absolutely be our primary focus.

Archived