THE BROWNS BOARD

Imagine Saquon at 1 and Mayfield at 4

Kvoethe

2 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Imagine if we had drafted Aaron Rodgers and Barry Sanders and Ladanian Tomlinson and Jerry Rice and Lawrence Taylor and JJ Watt.

Discuss.

Idiotic.

Idiotic are people who dont embrace their imagination.

Mr Rogers taught you that a long time ago

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Ok...so lets play your fairy tale game.   Let's imagine drafting every player who was ever good.  The Browns would never lose a game and they'd win the super bowl 300 years in a row until the league folded out of boredom. 

Screw this place...be back at draft time.  I can just be like ghoolie and say how everything sucks d1cks and our coaching staff are coffee fetchers and scream black tarkenton.  Fits the mentality of this offseason

24 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Screw this place...be back at draft time.  I can just be like ghoolie and say how everything sucks d1cks and our coaching staff are coffee fetchers and scream black tarkenton.  Fits the mentality of this offseason

awwwwww...poor baby...no one wants to play your stupid fantasy and pointed out why it (A) wouldn't have happened and (b) why the combination of Mayfield, Ward and Chubb is better so you get a sandy diaper and announce you're leaving.     

Don't let the door hit you in the ass on the way out

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

I was wishing for the same outcome back in april last year. Barkley is as much a beast as I thought he would be. He's a playmaker and with Baker he could have put up 3k. 

It makes me angry because he's become so good that the Giants wont even give him up on Madden for the #1 overall pick plus Myles Garrett plus Nick Chubb... 

Shake and Bake would have made Cleveland a Superbowl Favorite... last year. 

Of course, we would still be strapped with Clueless Jackson and company. 

I'm pleasantly surprised with Chubb, he looked solid and had a nice rookie year contending with Hyde and Johnson. 

Although many believe that we need another powerback to complement Chubb and give him a breather... Baker Barkley and Chubb would have been amazing. Hoping Ward stays healthy and can prove he was worth trading the fantasy above for a shutdown corner.  

56 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Buncha fuddy duddies in this place

One poster that's living in the past here, and not a very realistic one too....  Your initial premise is bad even by the coulda shoulda game..  We Coulda drafted Aaron Rodgers, and a bunch of other Pro Bowl players, instead of the bums we did take.. And not even had to give up draft picks, like your fantasy would have entailed... 

41 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Where you getting that crap from? We're not being negative, just realistic...  Can't stand the heat because the majority here think your premise is straight out of fantasyland? So if you don't like it here- go look up Ghoolie on FaceBook, (I'll happily supply his real name). I'm sure he's getting lonely talking to himself- and would love to up his like total when he's spewing his bullcrap.  

Sorry if the rest of us aren't playing the fantasy game that we could have had both Mayfield and Barkley...  We've already said Mayfield wasn't going to be there for us at #4. That's not some fantasy game, that's pretty much what the reports said. The only way to insure both was to move up to #2- that would have cost us our #4, the high second round pick, and our #1 this year. 

Giving that much up to get Saquon when we got Chubb in the second round IS NUTS. Or you want me to tell you again in the REAL WORLD of either\or, you always take a swing at a franchise quarterback before you think about drafting a running back.  Jim Brown is still considered the GOAT running back by many- and he won exactly one Championship. History shows- and go reread my post pointing it out, a HOF running back isn't getting you to the Super Bowl by himself... 

3 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

I was wishing for the same outcome back in april last year. Barkley is as much a beast as I thought he would be. He's a playmaker and with Baker he could have put up 3k. 

It makes me angry because he's become so good that the Giants wont even give him up on Madden for the #1 overall pick plus Myles Garrett plus Nick Chubb... 

Shake and Bake would have made Cleveland a Superbowl Favorite... last year. 

Of course, we would still be strapped with Clueless Jackson and company. 

I'm pleasantly surprised with Chubb, he looked solid and had a nice rookie year contending with Hyde and Johnson. 

Although many believe that we need another powerback to complement Chubb and give him a breather... Baker Barkley and Chubb would have been amazing. Hoping Ward stays healthy and can prove he was worth trading the fantasy above for a shutdown corner.  

Congrats Po, you did nail how good Saquon was going to be- much to my surprise...  But please be realistic- even with both, we weren't going to the Super Bowl, too many other missing pieces... Playoffs first... Then let's think about the Super Bowl...  To get there, sometimes just being good isn't enough, you have to get lucky. If you followed that other thread- you can easily say the Saints should have been in the Super Bowl not the Rams, if they hadn't gotten screwed by a bad call. Just think how we would have felt if that no call had happened to the Browns instead of the Saints.... 

On 2/6/2019 at 12:47 AM, 5150k9 said:

My head hurts now.

👍.... iZr.gif    RMR0.gif   multiple post draft reports confirmed...No Chance!!          

27 minutes ago, hoorta said:

So if you don't like it here- go look up Ghoolie on FaceBook, (I'll happily supply his real name). I'm sure he's getting lonely talking to himself- and would love to up his like total when he's spewing his bullcrap.   

The thought of Ghoolie relegated to spewing nonsense on Facebook genuinely makes me happy. 

It's a fitting end. 

13 hours ago, PoeticG said:

How is that you what if clowns can't realize that if you take Barkley at #1 there is no guarantee that Mayfield is still sitting there at 4.   Patriots and Jets reportedly both wanted him.  Who's to say the Giants don't take him with Barkley off the board?  

Once again...slower for some of you to understand...   Mayfield+Ward+Chubb is better than Barkley+whothehellknowswho'sgoingtobethereat4.   Chubb had a great rookie season and that came in really only playing in 11 or games.  

Barkley had a nice solid rookie season.  As asked in another thread, when was the last time a running back carried a team to a championship without a great QB? 

27 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Barkley had a nice solid rookie season.  As asked in another thread, when was the last time a running back carried a team to a championship without a great QB? 

Giants are on the up and up...won 2 more games than last year, still drafting top 10 😂

Imagine if we had a board where we did not have threads that said "Imagine if we had drafted so and so" at any point in history. 

I think that if we looked at every single Browns draft going back to when they merged into the NFL in 1950....we could find a "What if"  draft in there.

I mean, we could start with the 50s,  why didn't we take:

1950 Ernie Stautner HOF over Ken Carpenter

1951 Dick Stanfel or Bill George both HOF over Ken Konz

1952 Gino Marchetti HOF over  Harry Agannis

1953 Why didn't we keep Doug Atkins instead of trading him for a bag of beans

1954 RAymond Berry HOF over Jon Bauer

1955 Rosey Grier over Kurt Burris

1956  Forrest Gregg or Sam Huff over Preston Carpenter

1957....We took Jim Brown.....so shut the fuck up

1958 Jerry Kramer over Jim Shofner

1959  Why didn't we keep Dick LeBeau instead of trading him.

I could do this for the 60/70s/80s/90s/00s/10s.....and on and on and on.

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

Please don't. 

Sure, why not? It's part of the fun reason we eventually wound up going 0-16. I'll play Gipper's game for one year. Justin Gilbert or- ahem. Take your pick. Kahlil Mack, Aaron Donald, or Odell-Beckham. How's that for some crappy talent evaluation? Then we doubled down and took Johnny CFL on top of it. Um, instead of DeMarcus Lawrence or Derek Carr. 

I'll only make take someone that was available 16 picks later... Tom Brady instead of Spergon Wynn in 2000. 

On 2/5/2019 at 2:48 PM, Kvoethe said:

Looking back...we could have had both easily.  No one was taking mayfield at 2 or 3.  Im not disappointed with what we have...just having some fun.  If anything...after a few years their contracts would be so expensive we wouldnt have been able to maintain it.

Thats one thing about Brady...he never bankrupted his team so they could stay competitive like flacco did

He may have gone 2 or 3, so if he's your man, take him.

As far as his contract goes, that is why you build as fast as you can NOW while you have him on his rookie contract. When it does come up, I'm sure he'll play ball, like Brady, because he wants to compete and he should have a shit ton of endorsement money coming in.

Let's face it, Flacco had nothing going for him other than that one postseason, the only thing he could endorse would maybe be an Ernie doll.

FlaccoBert_original_display_image_crop_e

"suppose, like, imagine if we could have traded all our future first round draft picks for the next ten years,

and then we had the first five picks in last years draft, and then, like, imagine we would have..."

never mind, I'm just not good at this crap.

1 minute ago, calfoxwc said:

"suppose, like, imagine if we could have traded all our future first round draft picks for the next ten years,

and then we had the first five picks in last years draft, and then, like, imagine we would have..."

never mind, I'm just not good at this crap.

Nope....you're just an old fuddy duddy.   Have to be a Madden playing schmoe to want to continually live in what if fantasy land.

7 hours ago, leebladedawg said:

How I’m reading this is both would have been available at 1 and 4 so In that scenario why not 

I would have took that draft night 

Something maybe you can relate to:  this is like saying  "Imagine if I were from Liverpool and grew up in the 50s, and could play guitar.....maybe I could have become one of The Beatles...or at least part of Gerry and the Pacemakers.  

See how absurd all this speculation is?

9 hours ago, leebladedawg said:

How I’m reading this is both would have been available at 1 and 4 so In that scenario why not 

I would have took that draft night 

Nope, it's the original poster fantasizing they both would have been available at #1 and #4. There were links to articles in this thread showing Mayfield would have certainly been taken at #3 by the Jets, if not at #2 by the Giants had we drafted Saquon at #1.

You have to draft a quarterback first if you don't have one, regardless of how great Barkley potentially was going to be. 

8 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

So a thread i made opining the browns should "think" about trading out of the 1st gets locked, but a thread lamenting LAST years draft when we had arguably the greatest draft in browns history.....mayfield,ward,chub,avery....

This gets to stay? Really hoorta?

You thread wasn't stupid enough to make fun of.... 

Archived