THE BROWNS BOARD

Imagine Saquon at 1 and Mayfield at 4

Kvoethe

Just now, Zombo said:

You are talking about the actual game?

By "leading a team to multiple championships" it took it to mean the MVP of the team, Davis was their best player both years they won.

Zombo

I was basically talking about the actual Super Bowl game yes.   But, if you want to extrapolate it out to the entire seasons....OK.   Was TD really the MVP of that team BOTH of those seasons?  Even over Elway both years?

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I was basically talking about the actual Super Bowl game yes.   But, if you want to extrapolate it out to the entire seasons....OK.   Was TD really the MVP of that team BOTH of those seasons?  Even over Elway both years?

Davis was First Team All Pro Both Seasons and MVP of the League in 98.

He ran for 3,758 yards and 36 TDs over the two championship seasons. Elway, while stile very effective, was coming off some .500 seasons before they found a running game with Davis.

Zombo

28 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He was a major factor in one game......scored 3 TDs.   In the other, not so much, No TDs...though he did like do a job of running out the clock. That was Elway's game.

4 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Davis was First Team All Pro Both Seasons and MVP of the League in 98.

He ran for 3,758 yards and 36 TDs over the two championship seasons. Elway, while stile very effective, was coming off some .500 seasons before they found a running game with Davis.

Zombo

OK, I'll buy that one... My initial thought was not just MVP of the Super Bowl- it was which running back was the de facto leader of the offense that got them there besides.... That narrows it down to Davis and Riggins....  

Which reinforces what my initial point was. Having a top running back is nice, but it's rarely the ticket to the Super Bowl....  And as WSS (sort of) said, you can bet it would take the Giants about two seconds to decide to trade Saquon to the Browns for Mayfield straight up....  

6 hours ago, Mark O said:

No thanks.  Mayfield/Ward/Chubb is better than Barkley and hoping that Mayfield would be there at 4.   Stupid topic a year later....why not imagine the players we have getting better instead of always focusing on the players who don't play here.   I don't understand it.   The Browns are a good young team and should only get better next season and in the years to come but some of you still want to live in the past and wish and hope for other players.   Blows my mind..

Perfectly stated Mark & I'll never be able to prove it, but there is no way Baker would be there at 4.

BTW, Baker, Ward, & Chubb were the 3 I wanted, in that order. I sweated bullets when we didn't grab Chubb with our FIRST 2nd round pick. I was elated he was still there for us with our 2nd round 2 pick & ecstatic when we took him.

Mike

Imagine Saquon at 1 and Mayfield at 4

......you may sssssay I'm a dreamer

But I'm not the only one.

I hope some daaaay you will join us

And the woooooorld will live as one   (among the best songs ever written, by anyone, at any time)

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

Also next time you see him tell him Paxton Lynch is a surefire fucktard bust

And just how washed up Brady is..  Wasn't even supposed to get to another Super Bowl, much less win one...  

Ooohhhh!!! Looks like someone unfriended me on FaceBook....  I'm so crushed...  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

And just how washed up Brady is..  Wasn't even supposed to get to another Super Bowl, much less win one...  

Ooohhhh!!! Looks like someone unfriended me on FaceBook....  I'm so crushed...  

Sounds like you need to be a little more picky when it comes to choosing ‘friends’, Larry 😎

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

We just saw that yesterday. The GOAT Brady (gosh, I hate to say that) has Edelman (the Patriots version of our Jarvis Landry)- and a bunch nobodies at WR and just won another Super Bowl...  

Franchise QB trumps franchise running back, every time. I tried to tell you-know-who- Brady now has six rings, that's more than Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Ladainian Tomlinson, and Adrian Peterson- combined.  :) 

I have always said and maintain that teams go as they're respective QB goes.. not the other way around.. Not the RB.. All a RB does is wear down defenses down.. move the chains when needed.. its mostly on your QB.. Baker proved that this past season.. .. I believe Emmitt Smith has 3 rings if I'm not mistaken... But that Dallas team was sure loaded with a stalwart roster...

1 hour ago, Ibleedbrown said:

This is a silly post.

Imagine your dick was 4 inches longer!

May I say that 20'' is way too much...

6 hours ago, Nero said:

May I say that 20'' is way too much...

Your supposed to say.. I'm not cutting off 16" for you! :P

10 minutes ago, Canton Dawg said:

Isn't that close to a half a metre long?

Don't ask me. I'm one of the few people here that works with a logical measuring system... 

Looking back...we could have had both easily.  No one was taking mayfield at 2 or 3.  Im not disappointed with what we have...just having some fun.  If anything...after a few years their contracts would be so expensive we wouldnt have been able to maintain it.

Thats one thing about Brady...he never bankrupted his team so they could stay competitive like flacco did

10 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Looking back...we could have had both easily.  No one was taking mayfield at 2 or 3.  Im not disappointed with what we have...just having some fun.  If anything...after a few years their contracts would be so expensive we wouldnt have been able to maintain it.

Thats one thing about Brady...he never bankrupted his team so they could stay competitive like flacco did

But Barkley or Mayfield would have been gone by 4, regardless. I just don't get the fun of the op.

Wishing and hoping retroactively doesn't make much sense. 🙄

22 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Looking back...we could have had both easily.  No one was taking mayfield at 2 or 3.  I'm not disappointed with what we have...just having some fun.  If anything...after a few years their contracts would be so expensive we wouldn't have been able to maintain it.

That's one thing about Brady...he never bankrupted his team so they could stay competitive like flacco did

I agree with Cal, Mayfield would not have been there at #4 if we had taken Saquon at #1.  That's Ghoolie thinking. The Jets were hot to take Baker, or the Giants just might have too if Saquon was off the board. The only way to get both was trade up to #2, and that would have cost way too much draft capital...   Besides missing out on a top defender that we sorely needed....   

38 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Other than talking about dick sizes...and about which RBs led teams to titles.....this thread is useless.  

Goddammit...if we had only drafted Aaron Rodgers at #11 in 2005.....instead of K2....we woulda been good.

Why the Hell did we ever let go of Len Dawson back in 1962?  

Why didn't we take Tom Brady in the 6th round in 2000 instead of Spergon Wynn just ahead of him? 

Why the hell didn't I ask that girl out in high school before she started going steady with some other guy? 

What if I had taken that job I was offered at some point to work for the government?   I woulda had a great government pension by now.

What if.......

What if......

What if.......

What if......

What if......we closed down silly What if thread before they have time to germinate.

😶

On ‎2‎/‎4‎/‎2019 at 9:13 AM, Kvoethe said:

Droooooooolllll

Discuss

I think Baker was the #1 target of many.  He wouldn't have lasted to #4.   It's not like Chubb didn't add something.

Archived