THE BROWNS BOARD

Imagine Saquon at 1 and Mayfield at 4

Kvoethe

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Never a chance Mayfield would be there. I can't prove it, but I have a suspicion many other teams had Mayfield number 1. I'm by no means a draft expert (duh), but even I was proclaiming Baker the far and away best choice before the draft. 

But Geez, having Baker AND Saquon? Yo! 

But we somehow got Baker, Chubb, and Denzel Ward. The Corbett pick remains a mystery for now, but gets a pass because he hasn't played much. The real "imagine" scenario for me is daydreaming about drafting Bradley Chubb at #4. As much as I ADORE Denzel Ward, the concussions are terrifying me. We absolutely need a rusher opposite Myles Garrett, and Ogbah isn't going to be that guy. Chubb and Garrett would've been nasty. If Ward shakes off the injuries, then we're good to go. Hopefully he does. 

23 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Never a chance Mayfield would be there. I can't prove it, but I have a suspicion many other teams had Mayfield number 1. I'm by no means a draft expert (duh), but even I was proclaiming Baker the far and away best choice before the draft. 

But Geez, having Baker AND Saquon? Yo! 

But we somehow got Baker, Chubb, and Denzel Ward. The Corbett pick remains a mystery for now, but gets a pass because he hasn't played much. The real "imagine" scenario for me is daydreaming about drafting Bradley Chubb at #4. As much as I ADORE Denzel Ward, the concussions are terrifying me. We absolutely need a rusher opposite Myles Garrett, and Ogbah isn't going to be that guy. Chubb and Garrett would've been nasty. If Ward shakes off the injuries, then we're good to go. Hopefully he does. 

Yeah, tough to prove but 4 QB's went in the top 10. There's literally no way to confirm a team like the cardinals didn't love mayfield and would have sniped him before our pick. Sure it's a fun thought, but given the draft results you took Mayfield 100 out of 100 times with that pick. 

Also, did you watch Chubb? I don't get how people aren't recognizing how baller that dude was essentially not playing the first 4 ish games. Hell, a full 16 weeks and he woulda been considered for ROY.

I'll take Mayfield, Chubb and Denzel Ward.

If you extrapolate Chubb's stats over 16 starts they are right there with Barkleys as far as effectiveness,  in fact PFF named him the the most effective running back overall.

Z

56 minutes ago, Kvoethe said:

Droooooooolllll

Discuss

I agree with jiggins, nice thought, but wouldn't have happened. Chubb is at least 90% of Barkley. Saw some comments in the OROY thread, it's all about the quarterback. As good as Saquon is, he made very little difference in the Giants win total.

1 hour ago, Kvoethe said:

Droooooooolllll

Discuss

No thanks.  Mayfield/Ward/Chubb is better than Barkley and hoping that Mayfield would be there at 4.   Stupid topic a year later....why not imagine the players we have getting better instead of always focusing on the players who don't play here.   I don't understand it.   The Browns are a good young team and should only get better next season and in the years to come but some of you still want to live in the past and wish and hope for other players.   Blows my mind..

53 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I'll take Mayfield, Chubb and Denzel Ward.

If you extrapolate Chubb's stats over 16 starts they are right there with Barkleys as far as effectiveness,  in fact PFF named him the the most effective running back overall.

Z

Rushing & Receiving:  Saquon Barkley

•   Games Rushing Receiving Total Yds      
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
    Career       16 16 261 1307 11 78 5.0 81.7 16.3 121 91 721 7.9 4 57 5.7 45.1   352 5.8 2028 15 0 14
    2018* 21 NYG RB 26 16 16 261 1307 11 78 5.0 81.7 16.3 121 91 721 7.9 4 57 5.7 45.1 75.2% 352 5.8 2028 15 0 14
  • Rushing & Receiving Nick Chubb

Games Rushing Receiving Total Yds      
    Year Age Tm Pos No. G GS Rush Yds TD Lng Y/A Y/G A/G Tgt Rec Yds Y/R TD Lng R/G Y/G Ctch% Touch Y/Tch YScm RRTD Fmb AV
    Career       16 9 192 996 8 92 5.2 62.3 12.0 29 20 149 7.5 2 24 1.3 9.3   212 5.4 1145 10 0 6
    2018 23 CLE RB 24 16 9 192 996 8 92 5.2 62.3 12.0 29 20 149 7.5 2 24 1.3 9.3 69.0% 212 5.4 1145 10 0 6

Give Nick the same touches...and he is just as productive perhaps.

though I will say the one thing most impressive to me about Barkley is that he had 91 catches.  That figure would have been a Browns team record over Ozzie Newsome's record.

I remember hearing Belichick and Elway was very high on Baker... Now Ghoulie is on Facebook acting like a tard.. He is saying Barkley was the pick based on OROY pick.. And is trying to convince everyone Baker is average.. LOL.. I basically told him. "And you wonder why you got kicked out of every browns forum in the city".. He stayed quiet after that...

Cannot criticize last years draft ....best we have had in years ....... even our 5th round pick Avery played great and Calloway too, only ones he did not hit on was Chad Thomas and maybe Corbett but I think we will see more of the latter next season ...... Ratley and Thomas were late picks ...was looking at rounds 1-5

Look at this dude's draft grades from last year .......  I bet he does not write about football anymore .... fucking laughable how some get jobs

https://www.si.com/nfl/2018/04/26/cleveland-browns-nfl-draft-picks-selections-grades

19 minutes ago, nickers said:

I remember hearing Belichick and Elway was very high on Baker... Now Ghoulie is on Facebook acting like a tard.. He is saying Barkley was the pick based on OROY pick.. And is trying to convince everyone Baker is average.. LOL.. I basically told him. "And you wonder why you got kicked out of every browns forum in the city".. He stayed quiet after that...

Please stop mentioning his name. 

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Rushing & Receiving:  Saquon Barkley

•   Games Rushing Receiving Total Yds      
    Career       16 16 261 1307 11 78 5.0 81.7 16.3 121 91 721 7.9 4 57 5.7 45.1   352 5.8 2028 15 0 14
    2018* 21 NYG RB 26 16 16 261 1307 11 78 5.0 81.7 16.3 121 91 721 7.9 4 57 5.7 45.1 75.2% 352 5.8 2028 15 0 14
  • Rushing & Receiving Nick Chubb

Games Rushing Receiving Total Yds      
    Career       16 9 192 996 8 92 5.2 62.3 12.0 29 20 149 7.5 2 24 1.3 9.3   212 5.4 1145 10 0 6
    2018 23 CLE RB 24 16 9 192 996 8 92 5.2 62.3 12.0 29 20 149 7.5 2 24 1.3 9.3 69.0% 212 5.4 1145 10 0 6

Give Nick the same touches...and he is just as productive perhaps.

though I will say the one thing most impressive to me about Barkley is that he had 91 catches.  That figure would have been a Browns team record over Ozzie Newsome's record.

The total scrimmage yards were probably what put Saquon over the top. That and hearing Baker didn't play in all 16 games... the NY homers argument is Barkley's production compared favorably to all NFL running backs, but Baker's stats didn't measure up to ALL NFL qbs.  Fair enough- but it's a rookie award, and Mayfield's stats blew away any comparison to other rookie qbs....  

4 minutes ago, nickers said:

Another Ghoolie feeble attempt see- I was right. I'm done arguing with the flamebaiter...  I'm so glad we don't have to deal with his crap anymore...   His audience is continually shrinking... If you wouldn't mind- please don't repost his doings over here, I and most other folks could care less... Next time you see him, tell him OROY Barkley improved the Giants by two wins, 3-13 to 5-11. #2 in the draft to #6... Baker improved the Browns from 0-16 to 7-8-1.  #1 in the draft to #17.   Baker had far more impact in the W-L column than Barkley.   

3 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Another Ghoolie feeble attempt see- I was right. I'm done arguing with the flamebaiter...  I'm so glad we don't have to deal with his crap anymore...   His audience is continually shrinking... If you wouldn't mind- please don't repost his doings over here, I and most other folks could care less... Next time you see him, tell him OROY Barkley improved the Giants by two wins, 3-13 to 5-11. #2 in the draft to #6... Baker improved the Browns from 0-16 to 7-8-1.  #1 in the draft to #17.   Baker had far more impact in the W-L column than Barkley.

Also next time you see him tell him Paxton Lynch is a surefire fucktard bust

58 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Also next time you see him tell him Paxton Lynch is a surefire fucktard bust

Even a 5 yr old saw that coming... He never had a chance.. poor sucker... With the name "Paxton" Which is an appropriate name for a dog.. Well I just knew he was not a leader of men...

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

The total scrimmage yards were probably what put Saquon over the top. That and hearing Baker didn't play in all 16 games... the NY homers argument is Barkley's production compared favorably to all NFL running backs, but Baker's stats didn't measure up to ALL NFL qbs.  Fair enough- but it's a rookie award, and Mayfield's stats blew away any comparison to other rookie qbs....  

Yeah.. I saw an interesting rant from Mike Francesca... basically saying guys like OBJ,Julio Jones and Antonio brown have 0 SB rings... And do nothing for your team but impart drama and bad feelings..  Like we keep saying "Football is a TEAM sport"

12 minutes ago, nickers said:

Even a 5 yr old saw that coming... He never had a chance.. poor sucker... With the name "Paxton" Which is an appropriate name for a dog.. Well I just knew he was not a leader of men...

No worse really than Payton.   Literally one letter off.

As much as I admire Saquon, i'll take Chubb actually now that I've seen a season of them. I still want an aux downhill RB to compliment Chubb so that he doesn't have to do the heavy lifting over all 16 games, get him into the playoffs fresh.....but I prefer chubb's running style to Saquons 'in Cleveland". Chubb can get things done imo, better than Saquon in Cleveland once it starts getting cold, windy and snowy. And as people already stated, the acquisition of Ward makes this a moot issue. 

2 hours ago, nickers said:

Yeah.. I saw an interesting rant from Mike Francesca... basically saying guys like OBJ,Julio Jones and Antonio brown have 0 SB rings... And do nothing for your team but impart drama and bad feelings..  Like we keep saying "Football is a TEAM sport"

We just saw that yesterday. The GOAT Brady (gosh, I hate to say that) has Edelman (the Patriots version of our Jarvis Landry)- and a bunch nobodies at WR and just won another Super Bowl...  

Franchise QB trumps franchise running back, every time. I tried to tell you-know-who- Brady now has six rings, that's more than Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Ladainian Tomlinson, and Adrian Peterson- combined.  :) 

17 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We just saw that yesterday. The GOAT Brady (gosh, I hate to say that) has Edelman (the Patriots version of our Jarvis Landry)- and a bunch nobodies at WR and just won another Super Bowl...  

Franchise QB trumps franchise running back, every time. I tried to tell you-know-who- Brady now has six rings, that's more than Jim Brown, Walter Payton, Barry Sanders, Ladainian Tomlinson, and Adrian Peterson- combined.  :) 

Curious on who may have been the RB that really lead a team to multiple championships.....I will try to check it out.

7 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Curious on who may have been the RB that really lead a team to multiple championships.....I will try to check it out.

I'll guess probably none...  Of the best all time running backs- Emmett Smith, Marshall Faulk, Edgerrin James, Marcus Allen, Franco Harris who won Super Bowls- the common denominator is they all played on teams loaded with HOF talent at other positions...  

The closest I can come up with is John Riggins....  

From what I can garner....the following are the only RBs who may be argued to have "Led" their team to multiple championships in the Super Bowl era, in that they had some major impact on two or more SB games:

Franco Harris

Emmit Smith

Larry Csonka

Roger Craig

Terrell Davis

John Riggins.

But...as Hoorta said....these teams had a lot of other talent going for them in the games they played.

(Steelers: Bradshaw/Swann/Stallworth;   Dolphins:   Griese/Warfield/Morris;  49ers:  Montana/Rice;  Davis:  Elway;  Smith: Aikman/Irvin.)

I DO think that Riggins WAS the leader of the Redskins team that won the title in 1983.  Also.....Marcus Allen was the leader of the Raiders in 1983

I guess this is the first "I'm bored, let's discuss about the weather" topic of the offseason. 

It came earlier than I expected.

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

I guess this is the first "I'm bored, let's discuss about the weather" topic of the offseason. 

It came earlier than I expected.

I don't think this is boring....it is much more interesting to me than most of the shit that is piled on here.

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

I don't think this is boring....it is much more interesting to me than most of the shit that is piled on here.

The topic is one year late... 

9 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He was a major factor in one game......scored 3 TDs.   In the other, not so much, No TDs...though he did like do a job of running out the clock. That was Elway's game.

You are talking about the actual game?

By "leading a team to multiple championships" it took it to mean the MVP of the team, Davis was their best player both years they won.

Zombo

3 minutes ago, Nero said:

The topic is one year late... 

Well....we have gone far past the original topic.  That topic was to be ignored ab initio....because it was complete silliness.   We are now talking about  which RBs may have been the leaders of multiple Super Bowl wins.   That is what is interesting to me.  

Archived