THE BROWNS BOARD

Worst Halftime EVER

Browns149

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

We had to head down to the wine cellar to figure out what else we were going to drink for the second half. The sound was turned down so far for the halftime show, you couldn't hear it... Which was probably a good thing....  Actually this picture is post-game, but you get the idea....  

LSamLXW5kRLzTNcqbSyD7AtIvj0CDpnjHYmmHRddsRxtcuVYQmWm278hhdMX85dT9fEx3dc2E_QGmzE0rbyybAU_ZxZcBcJOBdn-BNtC6TwmfkJN25V-kVPTPMHz3_3TfXzuaohoOg=w1022-h766-no

How many people did it take to swill all that?

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

How many people did it take to swill all that?

Four or five...  :D Actually, it was on the high side of twenty or so...  And there was a lot of great food to go along with it... With the party starting at 4 PM, people were pacing themselves, so really that was around 4-5 bottles of wine per hour for 20 people- not as crazy as you might think....  

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

It wasn't the worst performance I've ever seen, but it was uninspiring to say the least. After the Janet Jackson fiasco, the NFL has gone strictly "safe" with the acts they choose for halftime...  

To be totally honest, my educated guess is they wanted a recognizable but non-offensive band based on all the controversy of the past two years. The exact same reason Justin Timberlake was last year's performer. One can groan about the mediocrity of it but nothing was "offensive". Definitely agree there.

10 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

To be totally honest, my educated guess is they wanted a recognizable but non-offensive band based on all the controversy of the past two years. The exact same reason Justin Timberlake was last year's performer. One can groan about the mediocrity of it but nothing was "offensive". Definitely agree there.

Then go back to Up With People if you don't want controversy.

1 hour ago, The Cysko Kid said:

Did the OP even see Beyonce? She's my vote for worst ever. 

After the Janet Jackson "Boobgate", the NFL trotted out every old rock band they could get.

The Rolling Stones were horrific. So bad. 

10 hours ago, Bob806 said:

But the Super Bowl is about catering to non-fans and advertising revenue. 

You nailed it right there.

The fringe football fans at work thought it was a horribly boring SB.  "The worst football game I ever saw in my life." someone told me.  When a real football fan would say, 'That was an epic battle!'  -  I'm not a real 'defense' kinda guy.....but that was an epic defensive championship.  

Oh, this is about half-time.  Wasn't interested in the acts.  Didn't see it.

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Literally his 15 minutes of fame.

WSS

Yeah.. haven't heard much of him since then... Itunes and Napster pretty much destroyed the Music Industry as we knew it... its not like the old days when you can waste a whole day in the studio just to get a drum sound together while the producer sits in the green room tootin coke all afternoon anymore...

Archived