THE BROWNS BOARD

Worst Halftime EVER

Browns149

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

I'm not surprised one bit... I can't stand cRAP!.. To me it's sub culture non sense

3 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Record profits and ratings up 5% this year which raised it back up close to the record-setting ratings 3 years ago. Don't know how much of a decline it is in.

I didn't like the halftime show either but I am curious what is the last halftime show you liked.

I'll actually have to go back tomorrow to be able to listen to the halftime show to see if it was any good- visually it was OK. My pal had lots of people over that have sensitive ears... That was quiet background stuff by my standards... We'll see when I crank it up to at least 90db in the Man Cave...  More of the same old same old. Girlies waving their hands to make it look enthusiastic...  I know Adam Levine from him doing judging and coaching on "The Voice".  Yeah, I'm old- so the NFL is trying to cater to the Millennial crowd. Haven't bothered listening to any of Maroon Five, and I don't do Rap.  

Damn, it was shades of Tom Morello wasting his immense talent doing Rage Against the Machine stuff....  

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/every-super-bowl-halftime-show-performer-from-maroon-5-to-marching-bands-and-everything-in-between/amp/

I had to skim the link to refresh my memory. I think l was the only guy l knew who was excited to see Coldplay do it, but they were forced to make their show a theme thing to past halftime performers of the past and it really brought it down.

When Bruno Mars headlined was the last really good one l remember. Prince was really good too. 

OK, had a chance to watch\listen on my computer....  BORING....  Some of the Bud Lite commercials were more interesting...  would have been a good time to hit the bathroom, or get more food & booze...   I'll repeat what I said earlier.. they need new material- seeing the girlies waving their hands around the stage is getting real OLD. They want pyrotechnics- you need Kiss....    

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Hypothetically, let's say Cleveland had built a retractable dome and was awarded the Super Bowl... and the NFL told Cleveland: 

"Get yourself three local acts..." Who do you get?

I'd go with The Black Keys, Bone Thugs and Harmony and Joe Walsh. Talk about eclectic. 

Easy Street Band

😉

WSS

10 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

I didn't like the halftime show either but I am curious what is the last halftime show you liked.

When John Mellencamp played in Detroit, then flew to Dallas and played there too on Thanksgiving years ago.

I'd rather watch highlights honestly. But the Super Bowl is about catering to non-fans and advertising revenue. 

1 hour ago, Bob806 said:

Put 2112 on in the car, you'll like that I bet.

My favorite Rush album is Hemispheres.. Great guitar sound.. Killer arrangements.. The album flows perefectly

12 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Just because you don't know who the rappers are doesn't mean you can claim NO ONE knows ....

Travis Scott is a big rapper right now

Big Boi is a famous rapper too. 

You can say you didn't like it, fine. But people know who these rappers are

I know what vinegar and grapefruit juice are.....that does not mean that consuming them would still not leave me with a sour stomach.

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Why do I feel like I'm missing a big local act? 

Joe Walsh, Trent Reznor, Bone Thugs, Machine Gun Kelly, Kid Cudi, The Black Keys, Marilyn Manson, Tracy Chapman, Devo, Macy Gray... I feel like I'm missing a big local act or two... 

The Raspberries/Eric Carmen   Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders (part local),   Glass Harp,/Phil Keaggy,   The James Gang/Joe Walsh,  Wild Cherry,  The Human Beinz,   the Leverts,  Michael Stanley, The Outsiders

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

The Raspberries/Eric Carmen   Chrissie Hynde and the Pretenders (part local),   Glass Harp,/Phil Keaggy,   The James Gang/Joe Walsh,  Wild Cherry,  The Human Beinz,   the Leverts,  Michael Stanley, The Outsiders

Let's not forget our own WSS.

13 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I absolutely loathe Rush, so you are probably right. 

12yrs old, November 1980, Long Beach Arena, my 1st concert ever .....  Rush's Moving Pictures Tour with Golden Earring opening up.

First time I ever smelled pot. 

Am I the only one who thought the halftime show was fine? Obviously Levine losing his clothes to show the dad bod was...awkward but I appreciated him actually singing and his pop hits are fine. That's not one of those performances I'm going to tell my grandkids about, sure but it was fine. People acting like this was the worst thing of all time, I just don't see that

15 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

Am I the only one who thought the halftime show was fine? Obviously Levine losing his clothes to show the dad bod was...awkward but I appreciated him actually singing and his pop hits are fine. That's not one of those performances I'm going to tell my grandkids about, sure but it was fine. People acting like this was the worst thing of all time, I just don't see that

Fine?  Depends on how you define  "fine".   When I think of something being "fine"...I usually think of it as being top notch, top rated.  Like...that Shiksa has one fine, fine boute'   on her.  Or...this is some of the finest wine I have ever had.

Then there is fine as in "yea, fine, OK, whatever".    This performance fit into the  yea/OK/whatever category.....

This is what I consider "fine":

8b78b314ab0f1a4dbb2412da81d7056e.jpg

This is not:

1baf1d8f8b7588eab00aa23ef75c5c34--tatted

We got the latter, not the former.

7 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

On the other hand Gladys Knight knocked it out of the park.

WSS

as much as all the rap and crap sucked, she really did an amazing job - she absolutely did. Loved it !

21 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

And I guess the other moral of the story is:

Maroon 5 is to be heard and not seen.

You're saying you'd like to maroon them on a desert island?  Levine is OK on The Voice though- minus the band. 

45 minutes ago, jrb12711 said:

It wasn't the worst performance I've ever seen, but it was uninspiring to say the least. After the Janet Jackson fiasco, the NFL has gone strictly "safe" with the acts they choose for halftime...  

Super Bowl Halftime is for women and gays.

Tell me you went out back and had a cigar, restocked the beer cooler, threw some nachos down your pieholes and walked the dog and I might have some new respect for you homos.

Zombo

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Tell me you went out back and had a cigar, restocked the beer cooler, threw some nachos down your pieholes and walked the dog and I might have some new respect for you homos.

Zombo

Anyone who needs to restock the beer cooler at halftime is a poor planner before the game.   

4 minutes ago, Mark O said:

Anyone who needs to restock the beer cooler at halftime is a poor planner before the game.   

Thus a homo. :P

7 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Zombo

I was at the WSS  SB party.....so you can imagine that yes....there were a lot of gays and homos and chicks there.  ;) I don't smoke and I don't have a dog (cat left home with the wife)....but I did the beer and...while not nachos...basically the equivalent.  But I was a somewhat captive audience.

1 minute ago, The Gipper said:

By restocking....I took that to mean to restock my hand with a beer in it.

In my case:  Guinness.   That is what I did.

restocking your hand is acceptable.   Needing to restock the beer cooler is poor planning.

3 minutes ago, Mark O said:

We had to head down to the wine cellar to figure out what else we were going to drink for the second half. The sound was turned down so far for the halftime show, you couldn't hear it... Which was probably a good thing....  Actually this picture is post-game, but you get the idea....  

LSamLXW5kRLzTNcqbSyD7AtIvj0CDpnjHYmmHRddsRxtcuVYQmWm278hhdMX85dT9fEx3dc2E_QGmzE0rbyybAU_ZxZcBcJOBdn-BNtC6TwmfkJN25V-kVPTPMHz3_3TfXzuaohoOg=w1022-h766-no

Archived