THE BROWNS BOARD

***Official Super Bowl LIII Game Thread***

BrownsDawgPound

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, jrb12711 said:

I mean yes, every legendary coach had some legendary players there's no arguing that. However, Bill's career has been made with picking up the scraps of other teams and low draft picks and making elite defense and great skill players. There's a reason all the great WR's for the Patriots by in large are no-name guys who become elite. There's a reason the defense is rated in the top half of the league despite most of the guys out there being later round talent or the rejects from other teams (Danny Shelton anyone). No one can claim they built a dynasty the way Bill has in managing a roster. 

There's a reason a guy like Manning, Brees, Rodgers, etc all only have 1-2 rings and Brady now has six. I wouldn't necessarily put Tom's skil set above any of those guys (at most, a 1A, 1B conversation). The difference is Bill  Belichek. 

No...the reason that BB has  6 is Tom Brady....not the other way around.  His coaching would have given us some good teams....some good defenses. some regular playoff contenders.

It is only with Tom Brady that he has  6 titles.  The other guys you mention did ALL of the things you credit BB for.  Picking up scraps and low draft picks, etc. etc.

And these other guys managed a roster just as well.  Don Shula and Tom Landry, George Halas etc.  were on top of that game for 30+ years.

Can you imagine what Joe Gibbs would have done with a real honest to god great QB?  With Joe Gibbs....the scraps sometimes included the QB...and he won with that.   He won but not have "legendary players...except maybe Darrell Green".

BBs career coaching record without TB is pretty well under .500.   And its not like he was at it a short time.  For the 5-6 years he has not had Brady...he made the playoffs one time.

BB has had perhaps the GOAT at 2 positions:  QB and TE.

For me, it makes no sense discussing who is more important in the Belichick-Brady duo. I think they have achieved a lot of success simply because they fit perfectly and both are the best in their areas. 

Brady might not seem as spectacular as other QBs that come to mind (Brees, Rodgers, Wilson to name a few), but he is mega competitive and he might be the smartest of the bunch. Belichick likes intelligent and commited players, not divas.

Belichick has won 2 Superbowls without Tom Brady and is specialy efficient in getting the best from his defensive team. I mean, that defense looked like crap during the season and stopped the freaking Rams and limited them to 3 sad points when they had to. 

There have been many quaterbacks with bad coaches and many good coaches with bad quaterbacks. But each of them has the ability to make look better the ones around them. 

Most of the times, if either of them are average or awful, they don't acomplish anything. So it is not the case. 

On 2/3/2019 at 10:01 PM, MLD Woody said:

No man... just no.

We all like Baker, but let's not elevate him too high just yet.

Two weeks to prepare and Belichick  is going to be making rookie Baker look just as bad or worse.

how do you game plan against accuracy ? also baker throws the ball with something on it not sure what goff was doing looping the balls to his recievers

5 minutes ago, crstphr2 said:

And Josh Gordon.

Ring and playoff money.

He'll get his ring and playoff money- but getting reinstated- we'll just have to see about that. And FYI the Browns play the Patriots on the road in Foxboro....  Also for the record- Gordon has already gotten more chances from the League than anyone else in history, by an order of magnitude...  

23 minutes ago, hoorta said:

He'll get his ring and playoff money- but getting reinstated- we'll just have to see about that. And FYI the Browns play the Patriots on the road in Foxboro....  Also for the record- Gordon has already gotten more chances from the League than anyone else in history, by an order of magnitude...  

Is it definate that gordon will get a ring and playoff money? I would think that the Patriots would say "look, we gave you ANOTHER CHANCE, and you blew THAT ONE too." and tell him to shove it.

I suppose there is some kind of rule over it. Whatever, he'll be broke again after a while because he traded his ring and money for more pot.

6 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Is it definite that gordon will get a ring and playoff money? I would think that the Patriots would say "look, we gave you ANOTHER CHANCE, and you blew THAT ONE too." and tell him to shove it.

I suppose there is some kind of rule over it. Whatever, he'll be broke again after a while because he traded his ring and money for more pot.

Kraft as much said when asked about Gordon before the Super Bowl, that he's a good guy in the locker room. (unsaid was with a serious drug problem) They're still supporting him financially in his umteenth rehab... 

As far as a SB ring? Yes Cal, all reports are he's getting one.  Playoff money? Depends how his contract is structured- he was on the last year of his rookie deal, and the Patriots didn't terminate his contract when he got suspended. Who knows how that one will turn out...   He's a RFA this year, BTW.  

As mjp pointed out- those Super Bowl rings cost around $35 grand, so hocking one would buy a lot of weed...  

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

Is it definate that gordon will get a ring and playoff money? I would think that the Patriots would say "look, we gave you ANOTHER CHANCE, and you blew THAT ONE too." and tell him to shove it.

Who cares?   Really?

Gordon is gone, so who really gives a damn about him?

What I do hope is that he can become man enough to support that baby. Frankly, I have my doubts.

Mike

7 hours ago, gumby73 said:

sadly, is what comes next.. https://cdn.dailycaller.com/2018/11/12/josh-gordon-child-support-case-pushed-back/   stay tuned Roger..   

Sell ring to make child support... It could happen... 

4 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Gordon is gone, so who really gives a damn about him?

What I do hope is that he can become man enough to support that baby. Frankly, I have my doubts.

Mike

Why do people slow down to look at car wrecks Mike?   

Archived