THE BROWNS BOARD

Live by the sword

Westside Steve

Just now, MLD Woody said:

I've never actually had Popeyes. 

The fried chicken from Gioninos, the pizza place, is really good tho

Actually fried chicken is good just about everywhere I guess. I've been staying away from the stuff but I've just heard that Popeyes came up with some blackened unbreaded chicken tenders which I intend to try. I used to love Church's Chicken, remember that?

WSS

23 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

Actually fried chicken is good just about everywhere I guess. I've been staying away from the stuff but I've just heard that Popeyes came up with some blackened unbreaded chicken tenders which I intend to try. I used to love Church's Chicken, remember that?

WSS

Had not heard that. I too stay away from fried stuff, but occasionally I do get their red beans & rice. Now I can check out their blackened chicken tenders too. Sounds like a good combo meal.

Just looked it up Steve. Small red beans & rice (small)230 cal.  3 blackened tenders 170 cal.  And something called Cajun rice (small) 130 cal.  Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya (where available) 220 cal. Large green beans 40 cal. Guess I will have to pay them a visit soon.

2 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Just looked it up Steve. Small red beans & rice (small)230 cal.  3 blackened tenders 170 cal.  And something called Cajun rice (small) 130 cal.  Chicken and Sausage Jambalaya (where available) 220 cal. Large green beans 40 cal. Guess I will have to pay them a visit soon.

If you’re counting calories. You must might want to stay away from fried chicken fast food places 

Just now, Browns149 said:

If you’re counting calories. You must might want to stay away from fried chicken fast food places 

The tenders are blackened not fried. I don't go to fried food places normally, but they have made their menu more user friendly.

Archived