THE BROWNS BOARD

Barkley beats Mayfield for Offensive Rookie of the Year

Dutch Oven

While it's obvious that Baker will be far more valuable to his team vs Barkley will ever be...

Barkley was one of the 3 best RBs this year. Baker, while he was the best rookie QB, was not even a top 8 QB this year. I would say its fair to say that Barkley had a better rookie campaign. Now had Baker played and started all 16 games, this may have been Baker by a landslide.

And for those saying that Chubb was the better RB...lol c'mon. That Giants OL is just embarassing. Give credit where it's due: Barkley is a generational talent at his position. And from the looks of it, so is Baker.

21 minutes ago, secondwave said:

While it's obvious that Baker will be far more valuable to his team vs Barkley will ever be...

Barkley was one of the 3 best RBs this year. Baker, while he was the best rookie QB, was not even a top 8 QB this year. I would say its fair to say that Barkley had a better rookie campaign. Now had Baker played and started all 16 games, this may have been Baker by a landslide.

And for those saying that Chubb was the better RB...lol c'mon. That Giants OL is just embarassing. Give credit where it's due: Barkley is a generational talent at his position. And from the looks of it, so is Baker.

Barkley IS amazing - speedwise, especially - but Nick Chubb is close to that in effectiveness - what Chubb accomplished after not started some games early on - is amazing. Wasn't it about the 7th game, that he got to start?

Barkley didn't have to play the ratbirds and squaler defenses twice, the Browns offense struggled until dead weight Hue got booted, and only then did it take off. Not bad for a second round pick, after getting Baker and Ward in the first round.

I could be wrong, but Barkley's longest run from los was 68 yards, and he was caught. Obviously, Nick Chubb's longest was 92 yards, and he was not caught, went for a TD.

Nick Chubb leads all rookies in yards after contact per carry. pic.twitter.com/WDTR2lCX28

— Pro Football Focus (@PFF) December 8, 2018

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/03/nick-chubb-earned-a-higher-pff-grade-than-saquon-barkley-as-rookie-rbs/

Sure, Barkley is a generational talent, but the cost-effectiveness of getting a rb that had some better stats, etc...

is priceless. Nick Chubb is also the real deal.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

Barkley IS amazing - speedwise, especially - but Nick Chubb is close to that in effectiveness - what Chubb accomplished after not started some games early on - is amazing. Wasn't it about the 7th game, that he got to start?

Barkley didn't have to play the ratbirds and squaler defenses twice, the Browns offense struggled until dead weight Hue got booted, and only then did it take off. Not bad for a second round pick, after getting Baker and Ward in the first round.

I could be wrong, but Barkley's longest run from los was 68 yards, and he was caught. Obviously, Nick Chubb's longest was 92 yards, and he was not caught, went for a TD.

Nick Chubb leads all rookies in yards after contact per carry. pic.twitter.com/WDTR2lCX28

https://brownswire.usatoday.com/2019/01/03/nick-chubb-earned-a-higher-pff-grade-than-saquon-barkley-as-rookie-rbs/

Sure, Barkley is a generational talent, but the cost-effectiveness of getting a rb that had some better stats, etc...

Not disputing that, I think Chubb will end up having a great career. But look at the offensive pieces (particularly QB and OL) both running backs had. Barkley with Baker and this very underrated OL would have put up, imo, better stats.

Not a complaint from me though, I'd take Denzel Ward (although his injuries are starting to become a concern for me given his frame) and Chubb together over Barkley.

18 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I posted elsewhere each players stats.  As far as rushing, Chubb was just as good or better than Barkley.   Barkley did have a big edge when it came to his being used in the passing game.

Archived