THE BROWNS BOARD

Is Trump the chosen one?

DieHardBrownsFan

2 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

God also allowed for the Holocaust so he might have poor judgment or a booze problem.

Free will or preordination will always be a sticking point about different religious sects. Jews have traditionally risen above the most horrendous adversity imaginable.

WSS

Just now, Westside Steve said:

Free will or preordination will always be a sticking point about different religious sects. Jews have traditionally risen above the most horrendous adversity imaginable.

WSS

I would say that sounds awfully convenient if I was trying to convince parishioners to still hand me money. “Eh mysterious ways. Pass the collection plate please.”

2 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

So God either let the Nazis exercise their free will against his chosen people, or preordained his people to suffer through the Holocaust.

Religion, huh? Where do I sign up?

:rolleyes:

53 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

So God either let the Nazis exercise their free will against his chosen people, or preordained his people to suffer through the Holocaust.

Religion, huh? Where do I sign up?

:rolleyes:

You certainly don't have to Bud. But of course just about all examples of morality are equally made up. Anytime human culture Strays from the natural survival of the fittest that just about every mammal lives by we've made something up that's no more or less valid than religion.

Edit

WSS

2 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Only God knows and he is telling me that if you purchase my blessed miracle water that he will repay you ten fold in coincidences that you will attribute to having purchased my blessed miracle water.

No.

what your doing is mocking people for having faith.

good luck with that.

4 hours ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

I would say that sounds awfully convenient if I was trying to convince parishioners to still hand me money. “Eh mysterious ways. Pass the collection plate please.”

"For now we see through a glass darkly..."

That's One Corinthians for those of you keeping score at home.

10 hours ago, hammertime said:

No.

what your doing is mocking people for having faith.

good luck with that.

9 hours ago, Dste Ace said:

"For now we see through a glass darkly..."

That's One Corinthians for those of you keeping score at home.

41 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I would just stick to non-belief if I were you.

"Mockery of religion is one of the most essential things. Because in order to demystify supposedly holy texts, that are dictated by god, what you have to show is their internal inconsistencies and absurdities. One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to laugh at authority; it's an indispensable thing. People can call it blasphemy if they like, but if they call it that, they have to assume there is something to be blasphemed, some divine work. Well, I don't accept the premise."

- Christopher Hitchens

26 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

"Mockery of religion is one of the most essential things. Because in order to demystify supposedly holy texts, that are dictated by god, what you have to show is their internal inconsistencies and absurdities. One of the beginnings of human emancipation is the ability to laugh at authority; it's an indispensable thing. People can call it blasphemy if they like, but if they call it that, they have to assume there is something to be blasphemed, some divine work. Well, I don't accept the premise."

- Christopher Hitchens

Which is why kids have it drilled into them to respect everyone's religious beliefs. So they can just be upset with any criticism, therefore avoiding thinking about the logical problems criticism describes.

Christianity - The belief that God sacrificed God to God to save God's creation from God. - somebody of reddit

45 minutes ago, jbluhm86 said:

- Christopher Hitchens

I sense fear.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Trump was chosen by the voters in 2016 and he stands a good chance at being chosen again in 2020 with the dems having gone too far to the extreme left.

I agree. As Ben Shapiro stated on his show, Democrats only had to not act crazy during Trump's term and they'd be almost certain to win the presidency in '20, but they've decided to double down and go full Retard on many issues in order to appease their more radical constituents. If they lose the next election, then they'll be sleeping in a bed of their own making.

Archived