THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 BROWNS BOARD DRAFT ....COMMENTS IN HERE PLEASE

darren15

Last Saturday I predicted I was going to be AFK (either busy or night time) at the time I had to pick so I sent Tour a proxy with 18 names on it (9 for each team)... It takes some planification and time, but I think that is the way to go if you don't want people to wait on your turn. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nero said:

Last Saturday I predicted I was going to be AFK (either busy or night time) at the time I had to pick so I sent Tour a proxy with 18 names on it (9 for each team)... It takes some planification and time, but I think that is the way to go if you don't want people to wait on your turn. 

Yup... and the word that comes to mind is "courtesy"...

Granted tho the concept is a bit of an anachronism these days in the states...

Rather than clutter the draft thread I’ll comment here. I am in this through round 7. It’s actually been enjoyable to research for other teams. That said one of the reasons I hesitated to participate was the timing pressure. I’d love doing this next year too but there has to be an understanding of work and life delaying picks at times. As a suggestion maybe we could do something like rounds 1-3 live next time, 4 - 7 like we are doing them and overall start a week earlier? Just a thought. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Maybe we could make a schedule, to meet the goals for each Round, and updating it we can know if we are on time, ahead of schedule or delaying, therefore we know if we have to push and make it faster or take it calmly...

We delayed the beginning of the BBMD one week due to not having GMs for all the teams, so we are "missing" that week... At the same pace we would have now 2 weeks for 2 rounds, which is nice. 

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

I want to send Jake the draft to grade next weekend ....no point after the draft ....

JKp8.gif    This Jake? :D pick Woody the Buckeyes Kicker & Punter & lets not waste another weekend..wheres round 6 draft order?   

I have done a temporary 6th round thread until commish returns ......remember your teams and carry on ....thanks

Missing 5th round picks for Eagles and Colts will have to be done by Tour as I cannot update his thread

2 minutes ago, jcam222 said:

Who grades it? That is a cool thing!

Jake Burns writer for Cleveland.com and draft expert appeared on Browns daily etc

On 4/13/2019 at 8:53 AM, Nero said:

Maybe we could make a schedule, to meet the goals for each Round,

Here's how I am willing to proceed as Commissioner for the final two rounds.

Call it "Festival Seating" or "Southwest Airline Boarding" method...

1. Break each round into fourths with 8 picks in each group, i.e., 1-8, 9-16, etc.
  2. Start Round 6, Group 1 today (Sunday, 4/14), Group2 on Monday, etc., at 06:00 EDT.
  3. On Wednesday morning a final group for Round 6 including any Compensatory Picks will be opened.
  4. Thursday, 4/19, Round 7 will open with Group 1, etc. This will wrap our mock on Wednesday, 4/23, the day before the real draft opens.
  5. Groups will be sent a single PM the day before that group picks.
  6. Picks in a given group are all first come-first serve.
  7. Proxies will no longer be accepted. Edit: Excepting Nero due to the time difference in Spain.
  8. Picks not made will be left open until week's end. They can be filled at any time by their GM prior to week's end, however, any open picks will be filled at that time.

This approach gives everyone 24 to get their picks in. It eliminates waiting for those who are ready. It eliminates PMs and posts urging the absent to pick.

And finally, the odds of stepping on each others picks are minimal at this point anyway.

5 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Here's how I am willing to proceed as Commissioner for the final two rounds.

Call it "Festival Seating" or "Southwest Airline Boarding" method...

1. Break each round into fourths with 8 picks in each group, i.e., 1-8, 9-16, etc.
  2. Start Round 6, Group 1 today (Sunday, 4/14), Group2 on Monday, etc., at 06:00 EDT.
  3. On Wednesday morning a final group for Round 6 including any Compensatory Picks will be opened.
  4. Thursday, 4/19, Round 7 will open with Group 1, etc. This will wrap our mock on Wednesday, 4/23, the day before the real draft opens.
  5. Groups will be sent a single PM the day before that group picks.
  6. Picks in a given group are all first come-first serve.
  7. Proxies will no longer be accepted.
  8. Picks not made will be left open until week's end. They can be filled at any time by their GM prior to week's end, however, any open picks will be filled at that time.

This approach gives everyone 24 to get their picks in. It eliminates waiting for those who are ready. It eliminates PMs and posts urging the absent to pick.

And finally, the odds of stepping on each others picks are minimal at this point anyway.

Sounds OK to me....can I just ask that when you post the thread for the round that you add the pick number ie 176 177 etc so it is easier for me to keep up with players picked by team .....helps me when adding the position picked

I will remove the temp round thread

3 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

7. Proxies will no longer be accepted. Edit: Excepting Nero due to the time difference in Spain.

Note the above edited exception.

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Note the above edited exception.

I'm grateful for the gesture, but with only two picks remaining and both grouped on this Tuesday, I'll probably make my pick myself that very day at 10 EDT or something like that.

On 4/14/2019 at 5:15 PM, darren15 said:

Jake Burns writer for Cleveland.com and draft expert appeared on Browns daily etc

I would send him the draft now that we have 6 full rounds... Round 7 will end just in time for the real draft.

I wanna send 7 rounds ......will message him and see if next wednesday will be OK to get it .......

I am ready with my 3 picks for the next section