THE BROWNS BOARD

2019 BROWNS BOARD DRAFT ....COMMENTS IN HERE PLEASE

darren15

57 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

#4 is a tad high for Oliver, but personally I don't see any DBs ahead of him in this draft.

Plus SEA/ Pete Carroll love quick DTs, e.g., Michael Bennett who saw more than a little time at DT during his SEA days. So I think they'd be happy with the choice.

I was thinking of Bennett when making the pick. The more I think of it, if they were able to make Earl Thomas angry and leave, they might think they don't have such a big hole in the secondary to fill it. Thanks for the input! 

6 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The thing is, he made a post in a different thread earlier...while he was on the clock here, but never did post his picks.

Should we start taking the torches? 

I know I'm new on this draft game thing... But next time I would try to schedule rounds, so everyone has a slight idea of when do they have to pick. 

We'll give it a while longer...

"It" being stillmotion...

And "a while" being until 20:30 EDT...

That's 8:30 PM for the mathematically challenged...

Attention all GM's

The Commish Tour will be gone tomorrow for around 10 hours but please carry on making the picks in the round 2 thread after unsympathetic completes round 1 .....obviously the players picked by position and draft picks will not be updated until Tour returns but I will be updating players picked by teams as regularly as I can ..... so just watch the thread and ignore the fact the rounds are not updated as picks will probably be made in the thread ..... also one post is due to pick early and we cannot message him but I will give him a little time...Tour has asked me to pick for him if he does not come on...

Also can everyone please empty your mailboxes :)

Happy drafting

• Thanks 1

Round 1 is complete .......

As things stand Deionte Thomson is still available ....he was a pick made by commish in Still Motions absence ....... the pick was made so its up to tour whether he stays with his pick or changes it to Jeffery Simmons who was picked by stillmotion.

5 hours ago, darren15 said:

Round 1 is complete .......

As things stand Deionte Thomson is still available ....he was a pick made by commish in Still Motions absence ....... the pick was made so its up to tour whether he stays with his pick or changes it to Jeffery Simmons who was picked by stillmotion.

Made change of pick 1.30 to Simmons per still's tardy, but still in order, pick...

30 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

"Unseated" Immediately wasn't the plan.  Eye to the future,  grasshoppa. 

agree..I've done 3 mocks similar to this.. this season. Simmons was gone by the 20's in all 3..Tillery reached the 2nd round twice, going 34, & latest of 37..Edit--and btw..save yourself a ton of time by putting round 1 in the tavern on a friday or saturday/with a agreed-upon time.this format is good for rounds after the 1st.. 

5 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

@Unsympathetic    you just fuckin had to go Tillery,  huh?!?!   

I did also link the PFF article showing him tied with Williams for pressure % from the interior.. Jones wasn't as efficient.

Pats also traded a 5th for Michael Bennett [and a 7th] earlier this month so their DL might be competent this year for the first time in a while.

And the AFCN gets both the AFCE and NFCW so we'll get to test ourselves against both SB teams next season.

6 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

I did also link the PFF article showing him tied with Williams for pressure % from the interior.. Jones wasn't as efficient.

Pats also traded a 5th for Michael Bennett [and a 7th] earlier this month so their DL might be competent this year for the first time in a while.

Well aware.  Tillery was my guy and now he's gone ☹️

If anyone thinks they are not going to be online for several hours and are due to pick next or in the following 2-3 picks send me your top 3 or 4 picks in order via PM and I can carry on the flow ...... 

Thanks ........ 

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

If anyone thinks they are not going to be online for several hours and are due to pick next or in the following 2-3 picks send me your top 3 or 4 picks in order via PM and I can carry on the flow ...... 

Thanks ........ 

I am not up for 5 picks.  If my turn comes this evening or overnight, I will handle it in the morning.....10-10:30 ish

59 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Top Ten Prospects undrafted to this point...per CBS sports:

1. Jachai Polite  DE/LB Florida

2. Nasir Adderly  Safety  Delaware

3. Dre'Mont Jones  DL  Ohio State

4. Taylor Rapp  Safety  Washington

5. N'Keal Harry  WR Arizona St.

6. Chauncey Gardner-Johnson  Safety Florida

7. Dalton Risner  OL  Kansas St.

8. Mack Wilson LB Alabama

9. Amani Oruwariye  CB  Penn St.

10. Kelvin Harmon WR  NC St. 

What's wrong with you homers? I almost took him in first round and I'm not even a Buckeye.

Zombo

Love the Julian Love pick by jcam for the Dolphins ....would love him in Cleveland at 49 in the real draft but Dorsey would need to go up to get him .....my 2nd fave CB after Byron Murphy

4 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And it took the Denver Browns fan from Texas to actually select the right one.   LOL!😜

A Manziel fan aggie... Thats the worst kind :P

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

Polite's pro day metrics worse than the combine ....could now go to the 3rd round

Mock draft bashing? love it..  metrics? game speed!! Tell me when this guy plays LB..took some dumb advice adding 20lbs before combine, lead to Hammy issues..Can't count out, he got lazy but headed the right direction at his pro day weight. Polite will get to his playing weight of 245'ish..If he lands in Carolina? he's better than the DE twins they have now..