THE BROWNS BOARD

The Combine

darren15

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I remember one throw in particular, an over the shoulder pass dropped in about 30-40 yards down the right sideline. Murray has the arm strength, the accuracy, and the quickness to be a lot better than Jackson. 

The throw is at the 2:33 off a playfake. That is a big time throw. 

Yes can't imagine Hue being able to throw like that

Devin White LSU LB is killing it today in all the drills. Unreal speed and quickness. You can see how he was originally recruited as a RB. 4.42 40,  39.5" vert @ 237 lbs.  22 reps bench press.

21 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

Do you see now why I was " banging the drum for a 6 round Prospect". Because if Hakeem Butler were available in the 6 round that would be the steal of the draft.

What has this got to do with what I said out of curiosity

7 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Devin White LSU LB is killing it today in all the drills. Unreal speed and quickness. You can see how he was originally recruited as a RB. 4.42 40,  39.5" vert @ 237 lbs.  22 reps bench press.

We could REALLY that kind of quickness in our LBer Corps Aggies. If he also has good first step instinct - it's going to be hard to see him lasting until #17.  That said, the LBers are posting good times.

I'm thinking we need to go all in on defense this draft.  We need to upgrade half our line and at least 1 LBer while we couldn't get our best 2 corners on the field at the same time for 10 of our games. 

15 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

We won’t have a chance at him unless  there’s a big trade up. 

33 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Devin Bush ran a 4.43, had a 40.5" very, and had 21 reps. 

The Devin's were killing it

On 2/23/2019 at 9:33 PM, bjh2130 said:

My eyes for us at 17 are on greedy williams (CB) Byron Murphy (CB) Dexter Lawrence (dt) ed Oliver (dt) montez sweat (de) rashan Gary (de) Devin white (lb). All of those guys are in the top five at their position by most Scouts but only greedy Williams Byron Murphy top two corners and Devin White top linebacker are at the top of the list the other 4 are all in the range of 3rd to 5th best at their position (on average ranking). I don't see any way possible that there isn't a very good defensive player on the board for us when we pick a 17 like others have suggested.

Well montez sweat running a 4.41 Will almost assuredly take him off the board before we pick. Dexter Lawrence along with failed test for ostarine injured himself at combine so he is more likely to be there when we pick at 17 if not there when we pick in 2nd round. Something I found interesting is a couple of teams asked Ed Oliver and (for the OSU fans here) dre'mont Jones to work out at linebacker at the combine as well as lineman

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

What has this got to do with what I said out of curiosity

It had nothing to do with your post regarding Saint Vincent Saint Mary, that was an accidental quote button hit by me. Apologies. It had more to do with when we were discussing prospects you didn't understand why I was so excited about a potential 6th round to undrafted pick or "drooling over an obscure prospect"

4 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I remember one throw in particular, an over the shoulder pass dropped in about 30-40 yards down the right sideline. Murray has the arm strength, the accuracy, and the quickness to be a lot better than Jackson. 

The throw is at the 2:33 off a playfake. That is a big time throw. 

OK, watching those highlights- I'm changing my mind about Murray. Big time arm, big time accuracy. Definitely will be off the board before the Browns pick at #17, and that's a good thing. 

Just now, hoorta said:

OK, watching those highlights- I'm changing my mind about Murray. Big time arm, big time accuracy. Definitely will be off the board before the Browns pick at #17, and that's a good thing. 

Outside of size(which is a very fair)his play is eerily similar to mahomes and Mayfield. Yet somehow were going through the same song and dance we did for those guys that his game wont translate to the NFL. I dont see the cardinals pulling that trigger, but I'd even double down and say he will go top 8, guaranteed.

Oh, and anyone who is trying to compare him to Lamar is incredibly obtuse thinking.

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

He will be the first QB off the board....at #1.

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

He will be the first QB off the board....at #1.

Not as far fetched (regarding Murray) as I thought a week ago. So what happens to Rosen? And their defense is in serious need of help...   

Well, what a defensive class we have here!! South of the border, I am a bandwagon Clemson fan..Disappointed Lawrence & mainly Tre Lamar went down to injuries.confused on why Ferrell did not run 40. Quinton Williams 1.69 split at 303 lbs. is a Aaron Donald ridiculous. Sweat 1.55 & Brian Burns shocker at 1.57 crazy good..If anyone can help me out on some mid round LB'ers? That's my next tape stop next..Guys am familiar with are Kendall Joesph & Germaine Pratt (i really like him at nc state). The long armed coverage guy new to me is TCU? Bobby Okereke & ND Drue TranQuil looks like a spunk guy JD would interview.. Could Devin Bush at 4.44, cover Noah Fant at 4.51?👀    

10 hours ago, hoorta said:

Not as far fetched (regarding Murray) as I thought a week ago. So what happens to Rosen? And their defense is in serious need of help...   

Rosen will get traded.  Maybe to the Giants?  They are looking for a QB to take over for Manning next year.  A year of sitting behind Manning might do Rosen some good.

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Rosen will get traded.  Maybe to the Giants?  They are looking for a QB to take over for Manning next year.  A year of sitting behind Manning might do Rosen some good.

I am not a defender of Murray as a pick. I watched his inability to read defenses and his pop fly long ball that was a joy for SEC DB's before transferring to OK., which had one of the best OLs anywhere and lower level of competition. He was still a run first QB and that does not bode well in the NFL. It's also why he never beat out Baker, but had to inherit the job his last and only full year of starting as a college QB. He should have stuck with baseball. 

That said he will still go high in a QB needy league in a down year for QBs. And I agree Rosen would fair better with the Giants. And I have no idea why the Cards would take a coach who rose on the coattails of a backyard QB like JM and a great player like Mahomes. I'm calling a big fail on that coaching pick right now.

24 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

And I have no idea why the Cards would take a coach who rose on the coattails of a backyard QB like JM and a great player like Mahomes. I'm calling a big fail on that coaching pick right now.

GM Steve Keim is a bafloon..He grabbed the coattails of Zona, back in 1999 as a scout & has never been let go(yet). The owner in Zona maybe on the same short bus Haslam drove for Manziel at the draft? Keim & KK both got 4 year deals, Keim got extended in Feb of 2018, than in July of 18, Keim blows a extreme DUi of .19..As most owners have proved. Keim maybe looking for that last big splash with Kyler to save his...job....💣 long wick till april

5 hours ago, ballpeen said:

More reports say that will be Haskins' fate.   And a lot say that Rosen could be going to the Pats to sit behind Brady for their #32 pick.

3 hours ago, gumby73 said:

The owner in Zona maybe on the same short bus Haslam drove for Manziel at the draft?

lol.....classic!

As per Rosen....I don't see how you give up on a high 1st round QB draft pick in 1 year.   That would certainly be 'short bus' material.

7 hours ago, ballpeen said:

They trade Rosen, means they're 100% sure Murray is going to be Aaron Rodgers good. I'm not. Absolutely unprecedented for a team to give up on a high first round QB after one season. And Rosen wasn't that bad.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

More reports say that will be Haskins' fate.   And a lot say that Rosen could be going to the Pats to sit behind Brady for their #32 pick.

I initially laughed at the thought #32 that's all Rosen was worth. Turns out, the talking heads at the Combine asked some GMs off the record- and it's even less! Third round. Shocking, to say the least. 

Talk about buying high, and selling low. Sounds like a pre Dorsey Brownsian screw up waiting to happen. As said by Gumby, a Manzelian splash PR move by a GM wanting to save his job. Not only that, besides giving up on Rosen, they gave the Raiders third and fifth round picks to get him in the first place.

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I initially laughed at the thought #32 that's all Rosen was worth. Turns out, the talking heads at the Combine asked some GMs off the record- and it's even less! Third round. Shocking, to say the least. 

Chalk it up to him being a rich kid with an attitude, because he sure can spin it.

8 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Chalk it up to him being a rich kid with an attitude, because he sure can spin it.

The entire team was so bad,  kinda tough to grade Rosen.  

Hey,  all that matters is that the Browns finally got the qb right. 

Cannot wait till September. 

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

They trade Rosen, means they're 100% sure Murray is going to be Aaron Rodgers good. I'm not. Absolutely

for a team to give up on a high first round QB after one season. And Rosen wasn't that bad.

Talk about buying high, and selling low. Sounds like a pre Dorsey Brownsian screw up waiting to happen. As said by Gumby, a Manzelian splash PR move by a GM wanting to save his job. Not only that, besides giving up on Rosen, they gave the Raiders third and fifth round picks to get him in the first place.

Go to show any team can flub it up.

I agree with Hoorta it will be unprecedented to trade Rosen at this point, but I don't see room on the team for both players.  No doubt that would split the team and fanbase.  

I said this back in the Couch days.  The only thing worse than blowing a top pick is sticking with a blown pick.

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

The only thing worse than blowing a top pick is sticking with a blown pick.

And I agree with those who think it is way too early to pronounce Rosen as a blown pick. Get him an OL and rebuild his D!

Archived