THE BROWNS BOARD

The Combine

darren15

On ‎2‎/‎17‎/‎2019 at 7:58 AM, Flugel said:

😄 I love me some Underwear Olympics too!   Mayock, and his sense of humor, will definitely be missed.  1 year they kept showing his interception of Dan Marino.  To the best of my memory, an annoyed but poised Marino responded with "Hey Mike, do you have keep showing your only INT?"   Mayock was like "I have no control over it Dan; but I certainly appreciate the ability to relive a fond memory as many times as they will allow me to." 

I like the NCAA womens springboard and high diving championships.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 2/16/2019 at 9:45 PM, bjh2130 said:

It's background on prospects for the NFL draft that we may or may not draft. If someone has Insight on players that could fill a need for the Browns because they have watched them their whole career why would we not welcome more information about said players. He doesn't know every single  player that's going to be drafted and when  and their strengths and weaknesses but from watching  those guys he gave us his scouting report. What is wrong with that. The Browns certainly aren't looking at quarterback at least in the first round and you have given breakdowns and Dwayne Haskins in a thread or two. I fail to see the difference. If there are players from Akron that you think that posters here should look into because you think they could fill a need to feel free to give as much information as you can.

Edit also you said this in a post I just saw 

"I say we get good/better everywhere we can....no matter the position.   If say, a CB is clearly the best player available in the draft, then you take one over what you consider a lesser talent at a position of greater need.   But all things being equal talentwise, you take the place of need."

So who is to say one of those 3 guys won't be bpa at one of our picks

But don't you know, someone's "rules" only apply to others, not them. They are a genius, who has to make a point, while trying to embarrass others.

But what I really took from it was that it was A&M players being talked about, and who should care about them.

On 2/8/2019 at 10:56 AM, The Gipper said:

Why should we care until and unless we draft them?

Last year it was a little different Gip.. We needed a quarterback- badly. And we picked #1 and #4. So yeah, I watched the Combine- especially the QBs, and all their pro days too.  So what did I say about Josh Allen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?  

On 2/9/2019 at 12:23 PM, The Gipper said:

Garret was the projected #1 pick in the draft.  The Browns had the #1 pick in the draft.....so certainly we cared about him for that reason.

Where do these other guys project?  Any of them in the mix for the #17 pick?  That would be the only reason to single them out.

That's the difference this year. No player is going to impact the W\L as much as the quarterback.  16 teams picking ahead of us- so much harder to say what's going to happen. A guy we may want could be off the board. Count me not quite as interested. BTW, several DL from Clemson, as well as other guys rated with good pass rush skills could be on our radar. We'll certainly look at CBs, and maybe a few WRs too. O-line depth.

Did you give a so what, we have Tretter at center? And if he gets hurt?  Right now they have Kyle Kalis listed as his backup. Ever heard of him before?  Maybe, can Corbet play center?  See what I mean?  So we can't be looking at just one guy at a given position

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

Last year it was a little different Gip.. We needed a quarterback- badly. And we picked #1 and #4. So yeah, I watched the Combine- especially the QBs, and all their pro days too.  So what did I say about Josh Allen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?  

That's the difference this year. No player is going to impact the W\L as much as the quarterback.  16 teams picking ahead of us- so much harder to say what's going to happen. A guy we may want could be off the board. Count me not quite as interested. BTW, several DL from Clemson, as well as other guys rated with good pass rush skills could be on our radar. We'll certainly look at CBs, and maybe a few WRs too. O-line depth.

Did you give a so what, we have Tretter at center? And if he gets hurt?  Right now they have Kyle Kalis listed as his backup. Ever heard of him before?  Maybe, can Corbet play center?  See what I mean?  So we can't be looking at just one guy at a given position

I agree.  Many more players are on the table, and it's a message board.  Gip's a buddy, but he doesn't decide what to talk about and and what not to talk about.  

My theory is if the topic interests you, join in...if not move on to another topic.  I don't comment on every thread in this forum, mostly because all don't interest me.

Again, Gip, you are a solid in my book.

4 hours ago, ballpeen said:

I agree.  Many more players are on the table, and it's a message board.  Gip's a buddy, but he doesn't decide what to talk about and and what not to talk about.  

My theory is if the topic interests you, join in...if not move on to another topic.  I don't comment on every thread in this forum, mostly because all don't interest me.

Again, Gip, you are a solid in my book.

I was really just ragging on Tex because he was being an Aggie Faggie. It was done far more for that reason than anything else. Was just a little jovial banter

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I was really just ragging on Tex because he was being an Aggie Faggie. It was done far more for that reason than anything else. Was just a little jovial banter

Well just remember the name Kenyon Green in the 2022 Draft. If he stays healthy he will be the best OT ever to play for Maroon & White.🤩

It was a joke. Bringing up Allen, wouldn't you claim the same about hoorta?

Neither one did well in their rookie years. I made fun of myself over that.

Speaking of stalkerish, your repeated belligerence towards me, go look in a mirror.

My eyes for us at 17 are on greedy williams (CB) Byron Murphy (CB) Dexter Lawrence (dt) ed Oliver (dt) montez sweat (de) rashan Gary (de) Devin white (lb). All of those guys are in the top five at their position by most Scouts but only greedy Williams Byron Murphy top two corners and Devin White top linebacker are at the top of the list the other 4 are all in the range of 3rd to 5th best at their position (on average ranking). I don't see any way possible that there isn't a very good defensive player on the board for us when we pick a 17 like others have suggested.

On 2/22/2019 at 7:31 PM, calfoxwc said:

So what did I say about Josh Allen Rosen based on his game tape and pro day? Huh?   Hoorta

FIFY

I said I was worried about his concussions and other injuries... take those away, I was on board, didn't care about the personality issues. Like someone else here did. Josh survived the majority of an NFL season without further serious damage, so it remains to be seen. 

Too early to write any of the 2018 QB class off as busts, but for sure Baker had the best season of all of them.... 

Baker was a BRILLIANT pick alright. He probably didn't surprise Dorsey, but a lot of folks

didn't know Baker was going to already have a place at the HOF.

Just amazing. Baker surprised me on the news the other evening:

http://www.cleveland19.com/2019/02/23/join-baker-mayfield-polar-plunge/

On 2/16/2019 at 9:06 AM, gumby73 said:

Freddie Kitchens is scheduled to speak at Combine 2-27-19 at 12:15pm..John Dorsey speaks 2-28-19 at 10am...both should be carried on NFL Network (exact viewing times could get debatable)  ...   

today at combine

I still think this draft class (compared to next season) is going to be to hard to pass on for Dorsey's likings at Tackle position.The scouting rules of most NFL LT's arm lenght is 34" inches.larger wingspans combining good feet balance & base .some monsters & surprises.. https://walterfootball.com/combine/weighin/OL (sorry, but walt needs to fix his pop-ups)    

What's is name:  Kyler Murray,  is supposed to undergo all those measurements this morning.

Height, weight, arm length, hand size.

They say he could compare to Russell Wilson....but I don't think so.

Wilson was 5'10  3/4ths.    If Murray breaks 5'9 I may be surprised.

Wilson weighed  205.   Unless Murray does a major carbo load, he could be under 190.

Wilson's hands were huge.  10" 1/2 inches.  At 6'2"  my own hands do not reach 10 inches.   I do think that Murray could have decent hand size, the way he is able to handle and throw the ball...but not  10.5 or anywhere near.

Of course, in theory....it is still optional if Murray wants to undergo these measurements.  He could decline.

I'm so glad that this year we're not the ones trying to chase Baker's success by talking ourselves into drafting his Billy Barty like collegiate replacement. 

9 minutes ago, D Bone said:

I'm so glad that this year we're not the ones trying to chase Baker's success by talking ourselves into drafting his Billy Barty like collegiate replacement. 

A lot of people on this board were saying much the same about Baker last year.

Time will tell if Murray will be good or not.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

That boy has been eating a ton of Chipotle and PBj's. 

Being 210ish and trying to maintain that will hinder his explosion.  I trust many GM's will take that into consideration. 

I was expecting Murray to weigh in at less than 200. He obviously bulked up. Will he run the 40 at that weight?

2 hours ago, ballpeen said:

A lot of people on this board were saying much the same about Baker last year.

Time will tell if Murray will be good or not.

But Baker is 3" taller. OK, he's Russell Wilson sized- but he sure doesn't have Wilson's build. 

Just glad we don't have to worry about drafting him. If we were in the QB market this year, I'd be wanting Dwayne Haskins instead, and it wouldn't even be close.

Baker is taller and even then he had moments this year where you could ask if his height was/is a concern.   That pick to Jimmy Smith during our last game is a prime example. 

In what little I've watched of Murray I've seen him miss some pretty routine stuff because his height severely limits his field vision and he hasn't been as adept throwing from passing windows without some of the misdirection and lateral action which moves the line.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

I was expecting Murray to weigh in at less than 200. He obviously bulked up. Will he run the 40 at that weight?

But Baker is 3" taller. OK, he's Russell Wilson sized- but he sure doesn't have Wilson's build. 

Just glad we don't have to worry about drafting him. If we were in the QB market this year, I'd be wanting Dwayne Haskins instead, and it wouldn't even be close.

My point is small doesn't matter anymore.  The spread has entered the NFL as I predicted 10 years ago.  Don't underestimate Murray because he seems short.

I'd take Murray over Haskins.   He's a better player.

5 hours ago, hoorta said:

tell me this does not have the sounds of tampering? 1)Klingberry hired 1-8-19.2) Murray commits to 🤔 football 2-11-19.than Bulks for the numbers. 3) Murray announces he will do nothing at combine but measurements & interviews. 4) Zona GM plays the part of a idiot at presser "Rosen is our QB right now?" 5) Rosen deletes all his Zona post on Instagram claiming he was hacked? Edit--Before Wilks was fired at Zona, Patrick Peterson wanted out & Fitzgerald was considering retiring. Now both can't wait to play in Zona..a) they hated playing for Wilks or b) Rosen? Rumors are rolling, Rosen will be traded..  I seriously hope the combine broadcast sticks to the other players..It's been Murray-Mania every 20 mins.

The fact Murray hit 5'10'' will be enough for people to, right or wrongly, quell the size concerns. He should pay Russell Wilson in gold for that.

I'd bet a cold case of beer he doesn't go  lower than top 12 in the draft. The idea of getting the next Mahomes/Mayfield is gonna be too good to pass up for say the Giants or Dolphins. I'm not here to argue if that's good logic, but it's logic I can rationalize.

Archived