THE BROWNS BOARD

The Combine

darren15

Who watches all of it ....I am a bit of a nerdy geek I even mark down player stats etc on a writing pad each year so I can study them to help with my final mock draft at the end of April :) ....... 

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Who watches all of it ....I am a bit of a nerdy geek I even mark down player stats etc on a writing pad each year so I can study them to help with my final mock draft at the end of April :) ....... 

I just come here and read all you, addicts, lol. I eventually watch some highlights and last year I watched all top prospect QBs' pressers... I still remember that I found that both Rosen and Mayfield won on the presser in my opinion. 

It must have been a great surprise for the NFL the huge success the NFL Combine has had throughout the years, I bet they didn't expect making money on coaches watching youngsters run out of a game context and interviewing them.

6 hours ago, darren15 said:

Guilty here as well... Love my DVR!

But just not going to be the same this year without Mayock talking about "bubblebutts"...

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

When is FA ?

from noon 3-11-19 till 3:59:59 pm 3-13-19..Trading period begins 3-13-19 4PM..Combine? It's my after Xmas Postal Service 'Hell with Hue' Vacation..🏝️ thanks for head start! VODKA! Bloody Mary's & Screwdrivers with Pounds of Munchies..Guilty! clipboard in hand 9am..  

1 minute ago, Tour2ma said:

Been a fav 'round here lately. I'm still working to perfect 'em...

Tabasco, fresh ground black pepper, celery salt, & prepared horseradish do it for me Tour, although the juice/mix you start with (tomato juice, V8/Spicy V8, Clamato, or bloody mary mix) may be the key.

Mike

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Tabasco, fresh ground black pepper, celery salt, & prepared horseradish do it for me Tour, although the juice/mix you start with (tomato juice, V8/Spicy V8, Clamato, or bloody mary mix) may be the key.

Mike

Speaking of Tours and Tabasco.....on my last trip I took a tour of the Tabasco plant in Avery Island, Louisiana.

https://www.tabasco.com/visit-avery-island/

16 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Guilty here as well... Love my DVR!

But just not going to be the same this year without Mayock talking about "bubblebutts"...

Agreed.  I watch as much as I ca as well.  But really enjoyed Mayock's analysis of the players as well. 

15 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

I skip the pepper, horseradish only occasionally. Instead of Tabasco, I use some Melinda's habanero sauce when I want to turn up the heat. Why ruin perfectly good Tito's vodka with yucky V8? Booze doesn't improve it's taste for me. Other than your above, just good plain old Mr T's mix. And worstershire, lots of worstershire.

23 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

So which starter mix is best? I've been using V8...

Never thought of horseradish... only things you did not mention that I use are lime (wet glass rim for salt then squeeze in the rest) and a celery stalk. Been thinking about trying celery salt.

Biggest thing is I am not a fan of Tabasco. I go very light on it for the mix, pour mine and then triple the dashes into my wife's portion... and she usually adds a couple more.

Just a question.. Does anyone or any team really glean anything from the Combine?... I always thought of it as promotional window dressing...

1 minute ago, nickers said:

Just a question.. Does anyone or any team really glean anything from the Combine?... I always thought of it as promotional window dressing...

I'm no expert, but I like to watch player's energy levels and demeanor, & I think the most important part of the Combine are the interviews. Just my opinion.

Mike

31 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Never thought of horseradish... only things you did not mention that I use are lime (wet glass rim for salt then squeeze in the rest) and a celery stalk. Been thinking about trying celery salt.

Biggest thing is I am not a fan of Tabasco. I go very light on it for the mix, pour mine and then triple the dashes into my wife's portion... and she usually adds a couple more.

Personally, I don't use the mixes. IMHO, V8 is a good choice & celery salt is a MUST. If you don't like Tabasco, try Frank's Red Hot. It's flavorful but not real hot. Another option is to add a little beef broth. You can get real creative, but I LOVE the horseradish.

BTW, if using a thick tomato juice, do not stir, but ROLL the drink between 2 glasses so as not to break down the consistency of the juice yet blend the flavors well.

Mike

5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Too many large group of card playing nights  & a wife that spoils me, lead me to some bloody convenience. Demitri's Classic bloody mary mix is a time saver..(there pepperoni straws are killer) youtube demitri's or the wife orders different demitri's mixers from amazon..(ingredients labels on site) i think there is 4 types? My after sleep, Bloody Mary number is their 'Classic'. Now again am spoiled on demitri's, but ya can't go wrong using V8 & adding your own idea's..wife prefers a dash of A1 steak sauce over the heartburn of horseradish or worstershire..1 card player even prefers soy/teriyaki sauce.(yuck!).good luck & hollar if ya need..their bacon salt is tasty also. go light salt on rim  

Miss.St. DT Jeffery Simmons (a top 25 prospect) & WR Colorado St. Preston Williams fail Combine background check & get no Combine invite..Williams pleaded guilty to harassing a women, court date differed. Simmons was arrested in 2016 for Physical altercation with women..The List of 335 should be out next week. Lot of juniors coming out this year. could be a lot of unhappy campers waiting on Pro Days?

13 hours ago, nickers said:

Absolutely... and I think every team gains prospect insight from the Combine. Remember they conduct "interviews" in addition to the on-field stuff.

On-field everyone looks for confirmation of what they know and surprises by some they don't. A few names always pop.

And it's not just the measured stuff... it's also the drills.

13 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Personally, I don't use the mixes. IMHO, V8 is a good choice & celery salt is a MUST. If you don't like Tabasco, try Frank's Red Hot. It's flavorful but not real hot. Another option is to add a little beef broth. You can get real creative, but I LOVE the horseradish.

BTW, if using a thick tomato juice, do not stir, but ROLL the drink between 2 glasses so as not to break down the consistency of the juice yet blend the flavors well.

8 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Too many large group of card playing nights  & a wife that spoils me, lead me to some bloody convenience. Demitri's Classic bloody mary mix is a time saver..(there pepperoni straws are killer) youtube demitri's or the wife orders different demitri's mixers from amazon..(ingredients labels on site) i think there is 4 types? My after sleep, Bloody Mary number is their 'Classic'. Now again am spoiled on demitri's, but ya can't go wrong using V8 & adding your own idea's..wife prefers a dash of A1 steak sauce over the heartburn of horseradish or worstershire..1 card player even prefers soy/teriyaki sauce.(yuck!).good luck & hollar if ya need..their bacon salt is tasty also. go light salt on rim  

We need a "mixology" thread...

Thanks guys... I'm taking notes.

2 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Absolutely... and I think every team gains prospect insight from the Combine. Remember they conduct "interviews" in addition to the on-field stuff.

On-field everyone looks for confirmation of what they know and surprises by some they don't. A few names always pop.

And it's not just the measured stuff... it's also the drills.

That was my favorite part of watching the drills was Mayock then showing why the drill was important and what the teams/scouts were watching for in that particuliar drill.

7 hours ago, Mark O said:

That was my favorite part of watching the drills was Mayock then showing why the drill was important and what the teams/scouts were watching for in that particuliar drill.

I wonder who will be replacing Mayock at the Combine? Charlie Casserly???

Mike

Archived