THE BROWNS BOARD

free agent quarterback or project

Westside Steve

Isn't Bortles on a huge contract .....Jags will have to pay him off for teams to bite .....and with Jags having little cap room it will be difficult

15 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Tyrod Taylor is a perfect fit. There are no starter opportunities out there for him, sign him to a backup contract.

Z

Well, if the Jags move on from Bortles? :) There's the Redskins too. Saw a picture of Smith on NFL.com- and he still has a ilizarov device on that leg. Dr. Hoorta knows that's a last ditch effort to save a limb where the bones are shattered. Add in a serious post-op infection, I'll predict the odds of him playing this year are zero. Might be career over.

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

Well, if the Jags move on from Bottles? :) There's the Redskins too. Saw a picture of Smith on NFL.com- and he still has a ilizarov device on that leg. Dr. Hoorta knows that's a last ditch effort to save a limb where the bones are shattered. Add in a serious post-op infection, I'll predict the odds of him playing this year are zero. Might be career over.

Bridgewater and Foles will take those two jobs. I don't see a lot of openings this year, a guy like Tyrod should look for a cushy backup job ... why not where he knows the system and has the respect of the locker room?

Zombo

1 minute ago, Zombo said:

Bridgewater and Foles will take those two jobs. I don't see a lot of openings this year, a guy like Tyrod should look for a cushy backup job ... why not where he knows the system and has the respect of the locker room?

Zombo

You don't think the Saints won't try to keep Teddy around? Unless there's cap issues, I easily can see that.

1 hour ago, Westside Steve said:

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/01/30/cleveland-browns-three-free-agent-quarterbacks-consider/3/

I've always liked Colt McCoy.  I always felt that 'the game' was just a little too big for him.  Too much to think about, too much to be aware of.

Always hated bilgewater  We don't like the way he shakes hands.   (I thought he was pretty good)

Used to think Bortles had potential  I actually wanted us to draft him.  I like big, tall, QB's...(to a fault obviously)

WSS

Just now, hoorta said:

You don't think the Saints won't try to keep Teddy around? Unless there's cap issues, I easily can see that.

Nah, he's gonna get a starter spot.

My guess is Teddy to Jags and Foles to Skins, but we'll see. Miami will probably start over with a rookie and someone like Bortles to bridge, which will put Tannehill out there for a bridge job too.

Denver gonna stick with Keenum? 

Shake up in Cinncy could lead to Dalton being traded too, he could end up in one of these cities.

Z

2 hours ago, Zombo said:

Nah, he's gonna get a starter spot.

My guess is Teddy to Jags and Foles to Skins, but we'll see. Miami will probably start over with a rookie and someone like Bortles to bridge, which will put Tannehill out there for a bridge job too.

Denver gonna stick with Keenum? 

Shake up in Cincy could lead to Dalton being traded too, he could end up in one of these cities.

Z

RE: Teddy- get a starter spot elsewhere, or want starter money to back up Brees?  Is he willing to take a discount to be a highly paid backup ? If that's not the case, the Saints can't afford him. I'd take $10 million to hold a clipboard...  Drew isn't going anywhere, and for sure he's back this year for another shot at the Super Bowl...  

What I've heard is Elway is less than thrilled with Keenum, and may look to the draft for a QBOTF, Keenum getting one more year..  Case has another $10 million guaranteed for 2019 on his contract, and I doubt the Broncos are going to be willing to eat that...  

My SW Ohio take is I have no idea what the Bengals will do about Dalton. Lots of Bengal fans have soured on him... I suppose it will be how much the incoming coach does or doesn't like him. He's at least as good as any of the FA qbs that are going to be out there... There's no dead money left on his contract, so they can move him should they want to...  

Looking to the draft, it won't surprise me at all if at least three more quarterbacks get drafted in the first round. 

5 hours ago, Zombo said:

Tyrod Taylor is a perfect fit. There are no starter opportunities out there for him, sign him to a backup contract.

Z

I hope your right..I don't want Tyrod backing up Lamar at Ravens :o..Am not playing cap space banker here, but if Foles is traded? he's headed your way to maybe Jags or Dolphins? Philly won't trade him to start in NFC, imo. Lots of local radio here, are thinking Ravens trade Flacco up the road to Redskins now. Where Joe's family won't have to move. The Ravens may play nice guys to joe cool? or Joe gets to Skins than they decide they need to draft another QB high for Flacco to tutor?.. It could be nice, rooting for other teams QB misery :) 

I am opposed to the free agent route at this point. Tyrod will potentially gain us some value if traded and I can’t rationalize the cost vice production value of any QB listed. There will be several QBs in the draft that fall into later rounds like Minshew and Stidham. A cheap draft QB like Stidham (who BTW.....regressed horribly at Auburn after a stellar performance at Baylor) gives us a longer term, young back up with a potential upside. Your thoughts?

17 hours ago, hoorta said:

RE: Teddy- get a starter spot elsewhere, or want starter money to back up Brees?  Is he willing to take a discount to be a highly paid backup ? If that's not the case, the Saints can't afford him. I'd take $10 million to hold a clipboard...  Drew isn't going anywhere, and for sure he's back this year for another shot at the Super Bowl...  

What I've heard is Elway is less than thrilled with Keenum, and may look to the draft for a QBOTF, Keenum getting one more year..  Case has another $10 million guaranteed for 2019 on his contract, and I doubt the Broncos are going to be willing to eat that...  

My SW Ohio take is I have no idea what the Bengals will do about Dalton. Lots of Bengal fans have soured on him... I suppose it will be how much the incoming coach does or doesn't like him. He's at least as good as any of the FA qbs that are going to be out there... There's no dead money left on his contract, so they can move him should they want to...  

Looking to the draft, it won't surprise me at all if at least three more quarterbacks get drafted in the first round. 

I never cared for Bridgewater. I always thought he was soft. And I guess his hand shake proves it 

2 hours ago, Jim L said:

There will be several QBs in the draft that fall into later rounds like Minshew and Stidham. A cheap draft QB like Stidham (who BTW..... Your thoughts?

Welcome Aboard Jim L..Stidham am just not that familar with, but am guessing a more QB needy team will reach more than we need to at this time. Am like a stone's throw away from ECU's campus. As like Kurt Benkert, Gardner Minshew found larger pastures to expose himself transferring out of ECU. Minshew is 'wrapped inside' a lot like Baker. "Tell me i can't, but i will" tude brothers. or maybe 11c2.gif  Step-brothers? Minshew should interview well for teams. But being late with poor ball velocity get's you Kevin Hogan.. But I will be a homer rooting for Minshew. Good luck!      

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I never cared for Bridgewater. I always thought he was soft. And I guess his hand shake proves it 

:) There's a difference between a handshake, and squeezing a football.....  Completely different. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some, if not all teams at the combine have a little gizmo that measures grip strength...  Don't know about you, but it sort of annoys me when some athletic gorilla type almost crushes your hand.

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

:) There's a difference between a handshake, and squeezing a football.....  Completely different. It wouldn't surprise me at all if some, if not all teams at the combine have a little gizmo that measures grip strength...  Don't know about you, but it sort of annoys me when some athletic gorilla type almost crushes your hand.

OK....I guess I should have put my post in pink.  Sorry.

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just for the record I don't care who the backup is, I just hope that whoever it is he never has to get off the bench.

WSS

Even if the Browns are up 40-0?  :D

Archived