THE BROWNS BOARD

Senior/Pro Bowl Chatroom

gumby73

To cold to watch paint dry! Could watch ice thicken or melt? Chat Bowling or Golf? nah..At least it's something active & four Orange football helmets in the Pro Bowl may draw some attention..Senior Bowl kick-off today 2:30pm NFL Network..Pro Bowl ESPN Sunday 3PM live (re-airing nfl network sunday 8pm)..Come Get Some!! #bless'em ..NFL Combine 30 days from today. 2-26-19 thru 3-4-19..plan those work schedules accordingly?

33 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Sadly I'll miss it because I have a funeral to attend.   Somebody link me the video once it's uploaded.

we got ya tia..sorry for your loss 🙏🏻.. "make them remember your name" says he wants to play as limited..he's earned the right to play flag football imo..stick'em #21

Last chance in pads leads to a 12-3  South lead at the half with Shanny up. The real football looks to be playing out in the up front units. Qb's not faring well with collasing pockets from under center. Timing routes outside look out of sync, no flamilarity. Between the hashes passing looks to be better. Placekickers? Go for 2 Freddie :)   

48 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Last chance in pads leads to a 12-3  South lead at the half with Shanny up. The real football looks to be playing out in the up front units. Qb's not faring well with collasing pockets from under center. Timing routes outside look out of sync, no flamilarity. Between the hashes passing looks to be better. Placekickers? Go for 2 Freddie :)   

Placekickers? Go for 2 Freddie.

Start going to soccer matches to look for kickers. Is missing kicks a disease?  LOL

Mike

Well the ol Chuckie Gruden can still win on just motivating some kids to play with some emotions. And a few mini "Oakland" Raider helmet stickers..North-34 South-24 while Shanny coached disinterested imo. Now the position list of names just gets longer. Now moving on to the gums game tape laboratories.. KXpM.gif  see ya in the future.                on to the Fatman in Tights Olympics ..Booyah!!     

43 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Hold on a second...

And indeed, many good wines got swilled...  Found a nice "J"  chardonnay discounted from $36 down to $20.   :)  

LOL, I was quite with it Tom... but I passed on the Senior Bowl after the first quarter to watch the tape delay of the ladies Australian open final.  My girl didn't win. Petra is not only from my ancestral Czech Republic, but she's a lefty- like me.... If they handed out a "comeback player of the year" in tennis- she would have to be it.  For those who don't follow the sport- she's the lady that got her home broken into, and an attacker sliced her dominant racquet hand up so badly with a knife, there were doubts she'd ever play competitive tennis again...   Now don't get me started on the winner Osaka's ancestry- the odds of her being 100% Japanese are damn remote...   

For those who don't know- I won a couple letters on the collegiate level playing tennis....  

So going OT-  I won't have any dog in the fight in the men's final today... Nadal is a lefty too, but I really like Novak...   

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

And indeed, many good wines got swilled...  Found a nice "J"  chardonnay discounted from $36 down to $20.   :)  

LOL, I was quite with it Tom... but I passed on the Senior Bowl after the first quarter to watch the tape delay of the ladies Australian open final.  My girl didn't win. Petra is not only from my ancestral Czech Republic, but she's a lefty- like me.... If they handed out a "comeback player of the year" in tennis- she would have to be it.  For those who don't follow the sport- she's the lady that got her home broken into, and an attacker sliced her dominant racquet hand up so badly with a knife, there were doubts she'd ever play competitive tennis again...   Now don't get me started on the winner Osaka's ancestry- the odds of her being 100% Japanese are damn remote...   

For those who don't know- I won a couple letters on the collegiate level playing tennis....  

So going OT-  I won't have any dog in the fight in the men's final today... Nadal is a lefty too, but I really like Novak...   

I was just messing aroundI did not know that about your tennis background.  Believe it or not, one of my favorite competitors to watch in that sport is Roger Federer.  I'm not very up to date on the female tennis players; but any time I see one of the Williams sisters - I watch.

Shifting gears a little.   I stopped watching the NBA years ago when the officials had more say in the outcomes than the players in order to KEEP the CA markets in the finals.  I can't tell you how many times I saw the Utah Jazz not getting to the free throw line for obvious fouls committed while the Lakers went to the line for every every ticky tacky foul possibly invented.  Whenever they could get a Boston-LA matchup for the higher market TV ratings spike - those calling the game were often more influential to the outcome than the players.

I was hoping this wouldn't bleed over into the NFL but Roger Goodfella got his dream of 2 Teams in LA. Guess who both made the playoffs?  And guess who just made the SB on one of the shadiest/most controversial non-calls?   The Saints just got Utah Jazzed by that same LA market agenda from the top to bring this sport a, drum roll please..... Boston-LA matchup.  Officiating had everything to do with 1 of those teams getting there. Some have even suggested that Dee Ford penalty has often been a warning to the player by the line judge before a flag is thrown especially if officials don't allegedly want to impact the final score.   If he was playing for the right market against the Saints, that's a non-call all the way as we all witnessed in the 2 penalties 1 officiating crew purposely selected not to call at the most crucial point in the game.

BTW, this parity they want us to think is so special has us watching everybody but NE, Pittsburgh and Ratville,MD changing coaches every other year or so in the AFC. In the NFC that only applies to Seattle, New Orleans, Carolina and Dallas.  The NBA used to have the same kind of parity when they perpetuated all the same teams competing to win it all while the small markets elsewhere never really got relevant. 

There's still people under the assumption that NFL owners get most of their profit from home attendance.  Not any more man.  Roger Goodfella became a hero to ALL the owners when he helped get them the gigantic TV contracts giving all 32 owners a shared revenue that blows away what each team brings in from stadium attendances.  The worst thing that could happen right now is for all the people in that LA market to get just as bored with their NFL teams as they once did with the Rams franchise that frequented post seasons.  Not to worry - we just watched how Roger prevented that.  When you really think about it - there was quite a trend of NFL line judges and linesmen missing blatant false starts on the LA Chargers' LT and sometimes more than once a game.  Now all that alleged need to challenge pass interference calls is just a nice detour from a really stinky scent; and Roger adores it.

I used to get pissed off when people would say - that game was fixed, not to be confused with someone getting hosed on a bad call.  Today?  Roger is more interested in new TV markets out of this country than he is about ever caring what happens to traditional/storied franchises buried in his agenda. That said, now that ATT has taken over DirecTV and their monopoly - their current level of customer service needs chemotherapy before it metastasizes beyond all repair.  If you're going to charge long time customers an arm and a leg - shouldn't you at least hire someone that knows how to bill customers correctly? 

15 hours ago, Flugel said:

1) I was just messing aroundI did not know that about your tennis background.  Believe it or not, one of my favorite competitors to watch in that sport is Roger Federer.  I'm not very up to date on the female tennis players; but any time I see one of the Williams sisters - I watch.

2)  That said, now that ATT has taken over DirecTV and their monopoly - their current level of customer service needs chemotherapy before it metastasizes beyond all repair.  If you're going to charge long time customers an arm and a leg - shouldn't you at least hire someone that knows how to bill customers correctly? 

1) Regarding tennis- the Williams sisters are the Amazon ladies of tennis. Serena is still way out of (tennis) shape after having her baby. Might even have gotten a round farther if she hadn't rolled her ankle...  Told my wife looks like she could stand to lose 10 pounds or so. Wife said "is that all?"  Wife also played tennis. BTW, I was shocked to see she's only 5'9", looks a lot taller.  Watching the men's final, those guys play a brand of tennis I'm not familiar with. You have to be in top aerobic shape- they literally murder 90% of their shots. Not only that, other than their serves, by the way I was taught, their fundamentals on groundstrokes are about as sound as some of Tim Tebow's passes.... :)

2) Don't get me started on AT&T.  They've ruined a bunch of good companies. Way back in the '90's I owned AT&T stock, then dumped it when it tanked 75%.  Also owned Directv stock which was doing quite well, up 50% from when I bought it. When I got wind AT&T was buying them out- I couldn't get online fast enough to take my profit and run. AT&T is all about profit, and screw the customers. When my elderly neighbor's (and Floyd had a heart condition) phone went out- calling their customer non-service- yeah, we can get a repair guy out there in a week or so. If you wonder why C\S currently sucks, when they took Direct over, they fired around 2,000 reps and sent everything overseas where they can pay someone $3 bucks an hour to read stuff off of help screens... Fortunately- I had so many issues with my Internet connection going out not being able to order pay-per-view, I finally managed to finagle the direct number to high level tech support, and not have to deal with maroons reading from a menu.... 

Oh, and I've heard their 4K Genie (AT&T electronics)  is a piece of junk that they've had a lot of issues with....  And I can't upgrade my dish without moving it. What  a bunch of jerks. We only do roof mounts or pole mounts now.  We'd rather mount your new dish on the roof into 5\8th OSB, insead of changing the transponder on the side of my house that's bolted into corner studs with 4" lag screws that you could do chin ups on.... If it wasn't for Sunday Ticket, I'd go back to cable...  

I had the last of two sister Ragdoll cats die 2 weeks ago @ 17+ years old (sister @ 15+), so I was looking all over for more and just through shear luck found a pure bred 2+ y.o. Seal Point Lynx Ragdoll and her half-Siamese 9 mo. old daughter through an on-line shelter that places them in foster parent homes until someone pays their minor bail. So I got two already spayed, vet checked and inoculated cats for $300 total that would cost closer to $3,000 together through a breeder, especially the very well marked mom Ragdoll who I think is show quality when I compare her to what I see on-line. Baby is brown faced/eared/tailed and brown and cream shorter coat which looks like it will fill in more brown like Ragdolls do over their first 2-3 years. It did not take long for the two to adopt "the cat whisperer" as our friends call me from time to time. So all my waking time has been devoted to my new babies since I picked them up Saturday and football has become secondary.😻

5 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I had the last of two sister Ragdoll cats die 2 weeks ago @ 17+ years old (sister @ 15+), so I was looking all over for more and just through shear luck found a pure bred 2+ y.o. Seal Point Lynx Ragdoll and her half-Siamese 9 mo. old daughter through an on-line shelter that places them in foster parent homes until someone pays their minor bail. So I got two already spayed, vet checked and inoculated cats for $300 total that would cost closer to $3,000 together through a breeder, especially the very well marked mom Ragdoll who I think is show quality when I compare her to what I see on-line. Baby is brown faced/eared/tailed and brown and cream shorter coat which looks like it will fill in more brown like Ragdolls do over their first 2-3 years. It did not take long for the two to adopt "the cat whisperer" as our friends call me from time to time. So all my waking time has been devoted to my new babies since I picked them up Saturday and football has become secondary.😻

Sad to hear about your children's demise, but glad you were able to find some replacements at a big discount off what a breeder would charge.... As I've mentioned before, with my mountaineering hobby, I had always wanted a Himalayan but I wasn't about to spend $500+ to get one... I thought I was permanently done with pets, when Little died around 4 years ago, but then my pals brother in law found purebred Norman in his front yard, that no one claimed.  He'd have grand champion potential if his feet were a little more solid color...Still find it hard to believe someone would spend over $1,000 on a cat and not go looking for it... And like Ragdolls, Norman is showing more brown in his coat now that he's a couple years older.

I suppose you're not like me, and planning to live until you're 90?  It's why I was averse to more pets- I don't want them outliving me, and trying to take care of them when I'm on the high side of 80...  

14 hours ago, hoorta said:

I suppose you're not like me, and planning to live until you're 90?  It's why I was averse to more pets- I don't want them outliving me, and trying to take care of them when I'm on the high side of 80... 

My youngest grandparent to die was 86. The oldest 98. My wife's parents both went past 90. So the race is on.👻😹

But I understand what you mean and I took it into account. Fortunately my grandson really loves the cats I have had and has already bonded with my two new babies. They will go to him if we get to where we are unable to take care of them. Or to my son if it comes way sooner than life expectancy tables tell me. He's done well with all our cats since he was 6 when another half-grown Ragdoll tortie just wandered into our lives and stayed 16 years.

One other reason I think the pure-bred is show quality is that she had not been spayed and had a litter with her when found. Breeders spay and neuter all pet level Ragdolls to keep the line pure before they sell them. Females who are not spayed are usually sold as breeders and thus the high $ price. We were just lucky this one ended up with a foster care shelter along with her litter. I'm happy and the two new little people already follow me everywhere in the house.😻🤗😻

2 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

My youngest grandparent to die was 86. The oldest 98. My wife's parents both went past 90. So the race is on.👻😹

My youngest grandparent to die was not that old.   But that is what happens when the building full of civilians you are in gets hit by a fucking Nazi bomb.   So FUCK these Nazi sympathizers in this country .  In a sense I would like to give them all the same treatment they gave my grandfather. But I am not that guy.

On 1/31/2019 at 3:15 PM, The Gipper said:

My youngest grandparent to die was not that old.   But that is what happens when the building full of civilians you are in gets hit by a fucking Nazi bomb.   So FUCK these Nazi sympathizers in this country .  In a sense I would like to give them all the same treatment they gave my grandfather. But I am not that guy.

My youngest grandparent to die did when my father was 18.

I'm very curious Gip, where and when did that happen?  

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

Me too....

I'm guessing England. 

I was thinking the same. London, maybe?

7 hours ago, Nero said:

My youngest grandparent to die did when my father was 18.

I'm very curious Gip, where and when did that happen?  

During the war obviously....the Blitz....he was working in an office near the docks of Portsmouth, I believe, on the south coast of England.  I am not sure of the exact date.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

During the war obviously....the Blitz....he was working in an office near the docks of Portsmouth, I believe, on the south coast of England.  I am not sure of the exact date.

I was wondering about the year, not the period. It is an interesting part of History because in the Battle of Britain, Germans started winning because they targeted key military positions, but once the Allies bombed intentionally civil targets (I'd say it was Berlin, but might be another german city), the Germans switched their targets and began to lose the battle... At the same time destroying many civil lives. 

1 hour ago, Nero said:

I was wondering about the year, not the period. It is an interesting part of History because in the Battle of Britain, Germans started winning because they targeted key military positions, but once the Allies bombed intentionally civil targets (I'd say it was Berlin, but might be another german city), the Germans switched their targets and began to lose the battle... At the same time destroying many civil lives. 

He worked for the British admiralty so the building he was in would have been considered a military target I suppose 

10 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

He worked for the British admiralty so the building he was in would have been considered a military target I suppose 

Well, then it looks the building was not so full of civilians... Rest in Peace, anyway. 

21 hours ago, Nero said:

Well, then it looks the building was not so full of civilians... Rest in Peace, anyway. 

Yeah they were pretty much all civilians. It is just that their job is to work at the ports. Obviously they were in support of the military at that time but otherwise they just help with shipping. In fact my grandfather was there at Queens town working when the titanic left Port

Archived