THE BROWNS BOARD

More "man made global warming" is crap stuff you betcha

calfoxwc

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Im going to laugh at the human race when the oceans become to acidic for alot of species of fish to thrive. There are countries in south america that are having their navys fire shots across the bow of chinese fishing vessels. Theres going to be wars fought over the dwindling fish stocks left. The industrial waste we put in the air does more than just raise temperatures. 

If you believe in Geology than yes, it's happened many times over.  There are large layers of certain minerals that developed rather quickly, which could of only happened under certain conditions.  Ever heard of diagenesis?  That doesn't dismiss man's influence, it just requires more proof than a graph of rising temperatures.  

I posted about flooding and other things because the science community isn't saying what the media is pumping out.  That should of been obvious, since I already said it.

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

If you believe in Geology than yes, it's happened many times over.  There are large layers of certain minerals that developed rather quickly, which could of only happened under certain conditions.  Ever heard of diagenesis?  That doesn't dismiss man's influence, it just requires more proof than a graph of rising temperatures.  

I posted about flooding and other things because the science community isn't saying what the media is pumping out.  That should of been obvious, since I already said it.

Well if you believe in Geology you would know the rate of temperature increase is 10x the rate of past changes. 

4 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Well if you believe in Geology you would know the rate of temperature increase is 10x the rate of past changes. 

Believe it?  It's what I do for money.  Make this quick, send me a link, and I'll show you where you're wrong.  It's simple like that.

If your talking about the last 200-1000 years, so what.  That's not even a 1/100th of a complete cycle.  You can make all kinds of assumptions if you stay in that window.

Map of Northern Hemisphere temperature anomaly

During the Pliocene, global temperatures, particularly at high latitudes, are believed to have been significantly warmer than today.

Final Comments

Simulating past warm climates and identifying model/data contrasts for periods such as the Pliocene provide a test of the sensitivity of our primary tool for study future climate change: global climate models. At present, our results do not support the suggestion that Pliocene warming was caused by carbon dioxide increase since such changes are not consistent with the SST distributions derived from deep sea cores. There is evidence that changes in ocean circulation and the amount of heat oceans transport may be one potential cause of the warming.

Still, investigators have found evidence that minor increases in CO2 (up to 380 ppm) did occur in the Pliocene. This causes us to wonder whether it is possible that an, climate feedback, as of yet unknown, associated with small increases in CO2, could lead to the larger changes seen in the ocean circulation? Certainly the evidence for higher levels of CO2 and stronger thermohaline circulation challenges recent results from coupled ocean-atmosphere models, which suggest that thermohaline circulation weakens as global temperature rises. Perhaps the Pliocene warming is uncharacteristic of next century's expected warming, perhaps the causes are different but the effects will be similar, and perhaps the Pliocene is a warning that unkown factors still exist that could exacerbate or mitigate the CO2 increase and global warming.

Successful comparisons, while increasing our confidence in the basic approach, probably occur coincidentally in some cases and such errors would be difficult to identify. Nevertheless, mismatches between data interpretations and model results offer undeniable evidence that either the model, data, or both are innacurrate for a specific region and climate variable. Understanding this allows us to focus resources and efforts on areas that are likely to afford the most gain. Moreover, subsequent iterations, based on new treatments of the data or GCM, test the veracity of previous conclusions.

The GISS Pliocene GCM simulation and the PRISM reconstructions are a first step in the interative process of data collection and analysis, model experimentation and analysis, and data/model comparison; the gridded, boundary condition data sets are continuously being refined, updated, and extended into areas with scarce data. Additional modeling and sensitivity experiments involving new data sets and updated GCM versions will soon begin. Close cooperation between modeling and data groups can achieve an overall better understanding of global climate models, data, data collection and simulation strategies, and the climate changes our society and planet could face relatively soon.

https://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/features/199704_pliocene/page3.html#comments

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Of course not. So you think there has been a period in the last 200-1000 where the temperatures were at the current levels? 

You don’t have to go back in time quite that far.

Just look at the 1930’s & ‘40’s, you know when the CO2 levels were a fraction of where there are today.

AA499A16-CD0E-4C7D-AB14-2C8692D8DD5E.jpeg

Me personally...I do thin section analysis, electron microscopy, and report writing based off that coupled with other analysis done in house.  Xray diffraction, rock mechanics, Xray fluorescent, Mercury infection, geochem, etc. is also part of the write up, but admittedly not my areas.  In short, basically determine storage potential of rocks.  

I also have a degree I don't really use in meteorology.  It's my lesbian dance theory degree.

The line plot below shows yearly temperature anomalies from 1880 to 2014 as recorded by NASA, NOAA, the Japan Meteorological Agency, and the Met Office Hadley Centre (United Kingdom). Though there are minor variations from year to year, all four records show peaks and valleys in sync with each other. All show rapid warming in the past few decades, and all show the last decade as the warmest.

Annual Temperature Anomoly

https://www.climate.gov/news-features/climate-qa/whats-hottest-earths-ever-been

Like nothing we’ve ever seen

Earth’s hottest periods—the Hadean, the late Neoproterozoic, the PETM—occurred before humans existed. Those ancient climates would have been like nothing our species has ever seen.

Modern human civilization, with its permanent agriculture and settlements, has developed over just the past 10,000 years or so. The period has generally been one of low temperatures and relative global (if not regional) climate stability. In our next Q&A, then, we’ll tackle this same question on a more Homo sapien-scale time frame: What’s the hottest Earth has been “lately”?

1 hour ago, htownbrown said:

Me personally...I do thin section analysis, electron microscopy, and report writing based off that coupled with other analysis done in house.  Xray diffraction, rock mechanics, Xray fluorescent, Mercury infection, geochem, etc. is also part of the write up, but admittedly not my areas.  In short, basically determine storage potential of rocks.  

I also have a degree I don't really use in meteorology.  It's my lesbian dance theory degree.

Man I couldn't stand my technical writing courses. Props to you. 

That all sounds pretty interesting actually. 

16 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

but in rejkavik Iceland the temperatures dipped in the 1980's for like a year or two, so that ofc means "global" warming is a hoax. Well done Canton. 

Wrong, the 1980's was when we had "global cooling" according to these same dipshits your enamored by...well done Cleve.

Archived