THE BROWNS BOARD

Mysteries of the 2018 Season

Ibleedbrown

Not that surprising though.  I thought that was always the plan with having Taylor on the team was to let Baker sit and watch for a year.   Makes sense considering where Dorsey has come from, in Green Bay Rodgers sat for years behind Farve and Mahomes sat behind Smith in KC.

The biggest mystery of the season was fester beginning it as coach ...... not even scooby doo, Columbo and  Sherlock Holmes could solve that one .....

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

The biggest mystery of the season was fester beginning it as coach ...... not even scooby doo, Columbo and  Sherlock Holmes could solve that one .....

If you read the ESPN article- It bluntly said Haslam was counselled from multiple sources inside the organization when he axed Sashi, to send the Huebatross packing along with him- he didn't do it. One of Jimmuh's many mistakes. 

Damn, that article is getting a lot of run on the airwaves, and not just ESPN- seems the media want to get their final digs and jokes in about the Browns before we really turn things around this year.   As Baker and Freddie have said, that's all in the past. With the fervent hope Haslam has learned from his mistakes to get the hell out of the way and let Dorsey run the show.   

19 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If you read the ESPN article- It bluntly said Haslam was counselled from multiple sources inside the organization when he axed Sashi, to send the Huebatross packing along with him- he didn't do it. One of Jimmuh's many mistakes. 

Damn, that article is getting a lot of run on the airwaves, and not just ESPN- seems the media want to get their final digs and jokes in about the Browns before we really turn things around this year.   As Baker and Freddie have said, that's all in the past. With the fervent hope Haslam has learned from his mistakes to get the hell out of the way and let Dorsey run the show.   

They all need to be afraid, be very afraid.

20 minutes ago, hoorta said:

I'm sure it is.  There isn't anything else to talk about.  The pro bowl doesn't exactly generate a lot of news which is probably exactly why this article was dropped when it was.  It's a slow week in the NFL and it will get a lot of eyes.  Thankfully I don't watch those stupid ass shout at each other and argue shows so I could care less. 

I believe the mysteries will all be solved next year, they got a great start as soon as Freddie Kitchens took over the offense.

sorry if this has been posted before - but I just ran across it today:

Next

Mysteries ??

Why Shawn Hochuli was able to collect 9 more paychecks as a head referee? (never even missed a week) send this want'a be back to training school Riveron...Baker's response "Don't be the QB for the Browns"...    

On 1/25/2019 at 11:58 AM, Ibleedbrown said:

I thought the bit about Mayfield getting zero first team reps to start was all Dorsey’s idea was interesting. 

Isn't it though...

I understand the thinking.  I didn't want him to be playing at that time either.  I wanted him to sit, watch, and get acquainted with the NFL game slowly.  - In retrospect, Mayfield was pretty much ready to play.  

I think though, as a HC, you want to play whoever is able to play the position best.  And since Mayfield was essentially going to be the backup QB on gameday (even though he was listed as 3rd string during TC & pre season), then he should have SOME time with the starters.  And who knows, maybe he looks like an NFL QB with the starters.  It certainly was eye-opening when we ALL got our first look at Baker with the starters!  Perhaps that eye opening experience could've come in TC or pre season...

47 minutes ago, Orion said:

It certainly was eye-opening when we ALL got our first look at Baker with the starters!  Perhaps that eye opening experience could've come in TC or pre season...

i think the telling moment, was when Baker was called to the sideline tele📞 before game entry.."Buddy boy, Dorsey here..it's your time to shine kid..go make it rain"..I don't think JD trusted that OL nor Hue or Haley's judgement..I think Dorsey was in charge of unwrapping his new toy? far before his coaching staff ever was? best use of a quarter from a phone booth ever;)

JMHO, the days of sitting your future QB for a season or 2 to "Learn the Game" are over for the most part. The NFL has slowly switched to spread or college offenses in a hybrid form. The Kids coming up are familiar with these offenses and are better prepared to step right in. I will say the speed of the NFL is what they need to get used too. And maybe the complexities of the NFL Defenses. 

Archived