Jump to content
LondonBrown

Inside the Browns front office, ESPN

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

The consensus theory regarding Sashi's time with the Browns is a solid one.

It means that the argument can be made that nothing bad that happened under his watch was really his fault, but anything good that happened can be linked directly to Sashi.

Its brilliant.  

Whoever would hold that theory though?

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

At least the price is right... ;)

First, I love having Wentz thrown out as the example... I really do. A question h.... would you trade Baker for Wentz?

Actually it's you who won't admit that you do not understand the consensus approach. I'll simplify it for you...

When there's no consensus, you pass. Whether it's a business strategy or a  football player... no hats involved. You simply move to the strategy/player for which there is consensus. In a draft then it's a matter of whether you take that player with the pick at hand or trade down to tab him at a spot you believe is more in line with his "value".

It's really not that hard guys...

I think I finally got it Tour. I WANT GOFF!!!   I WANT WENTZ!!!  OK, we can't agree there, BUT WE ALL CAN ALL AGREE ON COREY COLEMAN!!!!  FAIL. Then no one is responsible for a bad pick- or they all are...  Could be why Haslam came to the conclusion his grand analytics experiment wasn't working, and decided to go with a more traditional approach. Sort of why Dorsey almost totally cleaned house.  And in a convoluted way of answering your Wentz- Mayfield question.   Sashi did do Browns fans one big favor, torpedoing the trade that would have cost us a second and third round pick to get AJ McCarron....  LOL, did he have to have a consensus there? Tells me he had more say-so than just being a consensus builder. Which reflects on the Huebartoss' (now obvious) epic inability to properly evaluate talent, especially quarterback talent ...  And trying to turn the not ready for prime time (if ever)  Deshone Kizer into a starting NFL quarterback...  FWIW, I probably was the most strident voice out here that MHO Kizer was gonna suck big time in the pros... Score another one for me in the draft game. Can't lay all the blame for 1-15, 0-16 at Sashi's feet, not when Hue was the HC. So...

In light of the above regarding the Baker-Carson question...   If Sashi was still around, he would have traded out of #1 for extra picks- and drafted Josh Allen.  :D  :D:D 

PS- that said, Wentz is a Pro Bowl level qb- when healthy. Tour, you're justified questioning if Carson is injury prone. He hasn't reached Sam Bradford level yet, but another major injury this year- he's going to be wearing that tag for sure.  The other thing is, had we drafted Wentz- we wouldn't have been in the position to draft Baker, so it's a moot point....  

 

3 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Whoever would hold that theory though?

Easy, Sashi. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, hoorta said:

Sashi did do Browns fans one big favor, torpedoing the trade that would have cost us a second and third round pick to get AJ McCarron....  LOL, did he have to have a consensus there?

He didn't torpedo it by turning it down and saying I'm the head of this there is no consensus we are not Trading. He torpedoed it by intentionally messing up the paperwork and not getting it in on time/correctly filled out. So the fact that he had to go that route in order to stop the trade from happening shows they weren't listening to his opposition of the trade. So maybe he wasn't the final say guy because if he had the final say it wouldn't have taken a paperwork debacle to stop that trade.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

He didn't torpedo it by turning it down and saying I'm the head of this there is no consensus we are not Trading. He torpedoed it by intentionally messing up the paperwork and not getting it in on time/correctly filled out. So the fact that he had to go that route in order to stop the trade from happening shows they weren't listening to his opposition of the trade. So maybe he wasn't the final say guy because if he had the final say it wouldn't have taken a paperwork debacle to stop that trade.

I'm giving Sashi full credit for torpedoing that godawful idea, and for that alone there should be a statue of Sashi in front of First Energy... 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm giving Sashi full credit for torpedoing that godawful idea, and for that alone there should be a statue of Sashi in front of First Energy... 

Image result for sushi mountain

 

OHHHHHHHHHHHH YOU TYPED SASHI ..... SORRY

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm giving Sashi full credit for torpedoing that godawful idea, and for that alone there should be a statue of Sashi in front of First Energy... 

what percentage of that credit do you think falls to Paul Depodesta? my issue with both was, neither of them had to comment on anything outside the browns..that they failed at miserably..  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bjh2130 said:

He didn't torpedo it by turning it down and saying I'm the head of this there is no consensus we are not Trading. He torpedoed it by intentionally messing up the paperwork and not getting it in on time/correctly filled out. So the fact that he had to go that route in order to stop the trade from happening shows they weren't listening to his opposition of the trade. So maybe he wasn't the final say guy because if he had the final say it wouldn't have taken a paperwork debacle to stop that trade.

OK, I'll buy that explanation. We won't know for sure, but instead maybe The Huebatross had Haslam hypnotized into thinking that trade was a great idea... Just another in the long line of Jimmy's ass-backwards organizational chart of having the coach report directly to him....  

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I'm giving Sashi full credit for torpedoing that godawful idea, and for that alone there should be a statue of Sashi in front of First Energy... 

Sashi deserves no credit for that.  He was one of the guys shaking and high fiving hands.  -  He had an aid send the trade confirmation email to the Bengals....but they didn't recognize it because they were expecting it from Sashi.  We dodged the bullet because of his ineptness. 

That dope allowed defensive pro bowlers and Mitchell Shwartz leave in free agency when he took over. - Stupidly thinking that, "We only won four games with ya....we can win more than that without ya."  And I remember saying at the time, 'It CAN get worse'.  And so they proved that it could.     (that DB, Gipson,  made the pro bowl, he wasn't great but a bunch of QB's threw him the ball during the season.   But he wasn't bad.  Sashi let him go start for another team  and replaced him with a bum.  Sashi was a bum.  - people want to praise him for taking Myles Garret when Garret was seen as THE number 1 pick by just about every taking head and sports writer.  The only question at the time was, 'Will the Browns draft a QB because they need one?"  Sashi couldn't afford to pass on Myles and have him go on to shine on another team...and once again look like the dope, so he HAD to draft Garret.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Orion said:

Sashi deserves no credit for that.  He was one of the guys shaking and high fiving hands.  -  He had an aid send the trade confirmation email to the Bengals....but they didn't recognize it because they were expecting it from Sashi.  We dodged the bullet because of his ineptness. 

That dope allowed defensive pro bowlers and Mitchell Shwartz leave in free agency when he took over. - Stupidly thinking that, "We only won four games with ya....we can win more than that without ya."  And I remember saying at the time, 'It CAN get worse'.  And so they proved that it could.     (that DB, Gipson,  made the pro bowl, he wasn't great but a bunch of QB's threw him the ball during the season.   But he wasn't bad.  Sashi let him go start for another team  and replaced him with a bum.  Sashi was a bum.  - people want to praise him for taking Myles Garret when Garret was seen as THE number 1 pick by just about every taking head and sports writer.  The only question at the time was, 'Will the Browns draft a QB because they need one?"  Sashi couldn't afford to pass on Myles and have him go on to shine on another team...and once again look like the dope, so he HAD to draft Garret.  

Heard it said somewhere Shashi felt he had to win every deal- but the McCarron fiasco would have been a huge mistake...  Let's compare Shashi's last year to Dorsey's first. Sent Kenny Britt packing first thing. Win. Shipped Kizer off to Green Bay for Damarious Randall. Win. Nailed the 2018 draft. Sashi 2017 draft push.. . Traded Gordon to the Patriots before the other shoe dropped. Win.  Little wonder there's almost no love for Mr. Brown...   Score- Dorsey 3-0-1 

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 2/2/2019 at 11:55 AM, Dutch Oven said:

The consensus theory regarding Sashi's time with the Browns is a solid one.

It means that the argument can be made that nothing bad that happened under his watch was really his fault, but anything good that happened can be linked directly to Sashi.

Its brilliant.  

Also not the way it worked...

When it worked... and it did work at times... the process, the organization got the credit.

On 2/2/2019 at 3:28 PM, gumby73 said:

what percentage of that credit do you think falls to Paul Depodesta? my issue with both was, neither of them had to comment on anything outside the browns..that they failed at miserably..  

On 2/2/2019 at 4:45 PM, hoorta said:

OK, I'll buy that explanation. We won't know for sure, but instead maybe The Huebatross had Haslam hypnotized into thinking that trade was a great idea... Just another in the long line of Jimmy's ass-backwards organizational chart of having the coach report directly to him....  

h nailed it gum...

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×