THE BROWNS BOARD

Disgusting: New York not only legalized late-term abortions, but also celebrated like it won the Super Bowl

OldBrownsFan

On Tuesday, coincidentally the 46th anniversary of Roe v. Wade, the New York State Senate passed the Reproductive Health Act, and it was signed into law by Democratic Gov. Andrew Cuomo. The law, which is likely the most expansive abortion bill in the country, allows late-term abortion until the baby’s due date if it meets certain requirements. Not only is this kind of legal protection of late-term abortion an affront to the humanity of the unborn and the dignity of society, but New York celebrated it publicly, as if it had just won the Super Bowl.

When the bill passed, video shows the assembly chamber erupting into cheers, with politicians and audience members applauding the bill as if it were a victorious symbol of strength.

That night, One World Trade Center lit up in the color pink to honor the passage of the bill. Imagine, a beacon of capitalism, shining not to showcase freedom and prosperity but the “liberty” marking the path toward infanticide. 

To be clear, this is not the passage of abortion rights, but the permission to commit infanticide and call it by another name — an eight-pound baby can survive outside the womb with very little medical aid. Late-term abortion procedures are ghoulish and graphic: The Lozier Institute reports that "Abortions performed after 20 weeks gestation, when not done by induction of labor (which leads to fetal death due to prematurity), are most commonly performed by dilation and evacuation (D & E) procedures. These particularly gruesome surgical techniques involve crushing, dismemberment and removal of a fetal body from a woman’s uterus, mere weeks before, or even after, the fetus reaches a developmental age of potential viability outside the mother.”

Did the State Assembly and Senate know this and still applaud, or are we to assume somehow in the age of information they are willfully ignorant of the procedure?

With thousands of families waiting to adopt, passage of a bill that allows and celebrates abortion of this magnitude is disgusting. The reaction to this bill demonstrates that politicians in New York have overlooked the dignity and sanctity of the least in our society to further their own progressive self-interests.

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/disgusting-new-york-not-only-legalized-late-term-abortions-but-also-celebrated-like-it-won-the-super-bowl

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The law, which is likely the most expansive abortion bill in the country, allows late-term abortion until the baby’s due date if it meets certain requirements.

What are those "requirements" obf? I dont know im asking u. Im going to maje u do ur due dilligence. Ill go out on a limb and say mothers health is one of em. So lets duscuss that although i want a full report from u about the other requirements. For once I want u to research something like a grown man.

Ok so mothers health. If ur a husband and the dr's come and tell u a severe complication with ur wifes pregnancy has arisen and theres a very likely chance that not only will she die but the baby will not live 2m......what then?

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

With thousands of families waiting to adopt

Yeah, this part is fucking horseshit.   The adoption system in this country is not in a good place and I've seen it personally.    Unless you yourself have (you haven't) there is no way you can make this stretch.

That said, as I've mentioned before - reproducing is between 3 parties... the mother, the father and their God.  Nobody else, nada, zip...zippo.        I'm all for limiting government overreach and, even though I personally detest abortion, it is a subject in my belief systems crosshairs.    More importantly I also detest the reasons behind the bulk of abortion but that is a topic for another time.

For the most part, good on NY.   Life determines life on its terms sadly.

38 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

I also want to know what the "certain requirements" are. 

Im not gonna do it. Im sick and god damn fucking tired of these seniorflakes making posts that can be either outright contradicted or at least contextualized properly by a 60 second conversation with lord google viceadmirable bing.

42 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Im not gonna do it. Im sick and god damn fucking tired of these seniorflakes making posts that can be either outright contradicted or at least contextualized properly by a 60 second conversation with lord google viceadmirable bing.

It means a baby can be killed right up to time of birth "if a women's health is endangered" so what specifically does  women's health endangered mean?  About anything you want it to mean. It is deliberately vague and could mean as little as general feeling of well being. It is whatever one wants to call it. So infanticide gets cheered on and buildings lit up in pink in New York hailing a great victory. Sick stuff.

1 hour ago, OldBrownsFan said:

It means a baby can be killed right up to time of birth "if a women's health is endangered" so what specifically does  women's health endangered mean?  About anything you want it to mean. It is deliberately vague and could mean as little as general feeling of well being. It is whatever one wants to call it. So infanticide gets cheered on and buildings lit up in pink in New York hailing a great victory. Sick stuff.

General feeling of unwell being has never been an official diagnosis in the medical field. Never once has a doctor told a woman that 1 in so many women die on the birthing table from a general feeling of "unwellness". U really are intellectually lazy as shit obf. Doctors have verified statistics for specific complications. These are stats that have been compiled for prob going on100 or more years now. 

Wgen a doctor tells a woman what u have gives u a 1 in 5 chance of not making it off the birthing table, they're being deadly serious. Many women take those chances and end up fine, but 1 in 5 dont....its up to the woman then isnt it? Its her fucking life and isnt any of ur fucking business what she decides

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

General feeling of unwell being has never been an official diagnosis in the medical field. Never once has a doctor told a woman that 1 in so many women die on the birthing table from a general feeling of "unwellness". U really are intellectually lazy as shit obf. Doctors have verified statistics for specific complications. These are stats that have been compiled for prob going on100 or more years now. 

Wgen a doctor tells a woman what u have gives u a 1 in 5 chance of not making it off the birthing table, they're being deadly serious. Many women take those chances and end up fine, but 1 in 5 dont....its up to the woman then isnt it? Its her fucking life and isnt any of ur fucking business what she decides

Well get your facts straight. You are confusing life of the mother versus health of the mother. The Supreme Court has ruled the health of the mother in vague terms defining "health" to mean a general feeling of well being or age or familial conditions or psychological factors. Health means just about anything. 

17 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The Supreme Court has ruled the health of the mother in vague terms defining "health" to mean a general feeling of well being or age or familial conditions or psychological factors. Health means just about anything. 

Back up that claim with some factoids

14 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Back up that claim with some factoids

Health of the Mother

This is the most deceptive argument for aborting a child that exists today and yet those who support abortion argue that it is an essentially protected right that every expectant mother should have at her disposal when she chooses to abort her baby.

In 1973 When the Supreme Court decriminalized abortion, it made two decisions, Roe v. Wade and Doe v. Bolton. It is in this second decision, Doe v. Bolton, that the Supreme Court defined what a “health of the mother” abortion is.

According to Justice Blackmun, the doctor’s medical judgment as to the health of the mother may be “exercised in the light of all factors—physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman’s age—relevant to the well being of the patient.”

The World Health Organization defines health of the mother as “any condition that might impact her physical, emotional, psychological or financial well being”.

The Supreme Court adopted this definition, effectively extending abortion on demand for the full nine months of pregnancy for nearly any reason you can think of which is why on its face “health of the mother” is simply ridiculous.

https://www.all.org/learn/abortion/abortion-exceptions/exceptions-health-of-the-mother/

"

All.org

https://www.all.org

Jan 22, 1973 · Judie Brown is president and co-founder of American Life League, the nation's oldest grassroots pro-life educational and advocacy organization. ALL started in 1979 and has grown from a kitchen table operation to a full-fledged professional organization with more than 30 full-time employees and 120 Associate organizations throughout the nation."

next

7 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

"

All.org

https://www.all.org

Jan 22, 1973 · Judie Brown is president and co-founder of American Life League, the nation's oldest grassroots pro-life educational and advocacy organization. ALL started in 1979 and has grown from a kitchen table operation to a full-fledged professional organization with more than 30 full-time employees and 120 Associate organizations throughout the nation."

next

Doe v. Bolton

410 U.S. 179

Doe v. Bolton (No. 70-40)

Argued: December 13, 1971

Decided: January 22, 1973

"We agree with the District Court, 319 F.Supp. at 1058, that the medical judgment may be exercised in the light of all factors --physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age -- relevant to the wellbeing of the patient. All these factors may relate to health." 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/410/179

* microphone dropped

10 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

*medical judgement *

I. E.  What the medical professionals call.  

You have no mic to drop,  homie.  

I remember back in the seventies around here there were always a few doctors happy to write a prescription for Speed for a fee. I would imagine in more recent history for the tighten up the laws the same happened for oxy. 

Just seems like regardless of how much you love the Democrat Party legal abortion after 8 months, 29 days and 23 hours has to be at least a little bit discomforting isn't it?

WSS

39 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

I remember back in the seventies around here there were always a few doctors happy to write a prescription for Speed for a fee. I would imagine in more recent history for the tighten up the laws the same happened for oxy. 

Just seems like regardless of how much you love the Democrat Party legal abortion after 8 months, 29 days and 23 hours has to be at least a little bit discomforting isn't it?

WSS

Oh it unnerves the fuck out of me.   Make no mistake there is a matter of conscience I deal with as does anyone regarding abortion.   It's not nor should it be a decision easily and comfortably arrived too.   I also make no illusion to exactly what the practice is.  

I don't 'like' abortion and I would say 99% of people don't either.   But I'm able to live with discomfort because the trade off is,  again,  limiting government in matters that should involve the biological parents,  their god and doctor only.      

Can others live with their choice? I know some that can and do but there is undoubtedly scars that are had. 

36 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

So even if dr's tell a woman there's a complication that has x% that u or ur fetus will die, its still illegal? 

2 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Doe v. Bolton

410 U.S. 179

Doe v. Bolton (No. 70-40)

Argued: December 13, 1971

Decided: January 22, 1973

"We agree with the District Court, 319 F.Supp. at 1058, that the medical judgment may be exercised in the light of all factors --physical, emotional, psychological, familial, and the woman's age -- relevant to the wellbeing of the patient. All these factors may relate to health." 

https://www.law.cornell.edu/supremecourt/text/410/179

* microphone dropped

1) That was a case in "Georgia"

2) from ur own link......

(3) that the performing physician's judgment be confirmed by independent examinations of the patient by two other licensed physicians.

Pick up the mic and quietly exit stage left

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

*medical judgement *

I. E.  What the medical professionals call.  

You have no mic to drop,  homie.  

1 minute ago, Clevfan4life said:

1) That was a case in "Georgia"

2) from ur own link......

(3) that the performing physician's judgment be confirmed by independent examinations of the patient by two other licensed physicians.

Pick up the mic and quietly exit stage left

The mic stays down. Under the New York law even non doctors such as mid wives can do abortions and health of the mother is vague and can be for almost any reason. 

5 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

The mic stays down. Under the New York law even non doctors such as mid wives can do abortions and health of the mother is vague and can be for almost any reason. 

Well then I'm not cool with that but it still falls under the umbrella of 'not my business'.  

And if you read that last line and your response was going to be 'murder isn't your business!?! '... Miss me with that. 

Good day. 

As someone who has worked with juvie kids in a level 4 facility, I can assure you there are not droves of people looking to adopt. 9 times out of 10 the kids we ended up with were in the system their whole life and were lucky to get into foster homes where it was a cash grab (loads of bunkbeds packed into trailers to hold as many kids/paychecks as possible; garbage living conditions, rampant physical/sexual abuse). If some trash people want to see the baby aborted, it is likely better than living unwanted and abused by people who didn't want you to begin with. 

16 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

As someone who has worked with juvie kids in a level 4 facility, I can assure you there are not droves of people looking to adopt. 9 times out of 10 the kids we ended up with were in the system their whole life and were lucky to get into foster homes where it was a cash grab (loads of bunkbeds packed into trailers to hold as many kids/paychecks as possible; garbage living conditions, rampant physical/sexual abuse). If some trash people want to see the baby aborted, it is likely better than living unwanted and abused by people who didn't want you to begin with. 

I would assume almost nobody is delivering a child to term because of the unavailability of an abortion.

WSS

21 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Yeah, this part is fucking horseshit.   The adoption system in this country is not in a good place and I've seen it personally.    Unless you yourself have (you haven't) there is no way you can make this stretch.

That said, as I've mentioned before - reproducing is between 3 parties... the mother, the father and their God.  Nobody else, nada, zip...zippo.        I'm all for limiting government overreach and, even though I personally detest abortion, it is a subject in my belief systems crosshairs.    More importantly I also detest the reasons behind the bulk of abortion but that is a topic for another time.

For the most part, good on NY.   Life determines life on its terms sadly.

It is difficult to find reliable statistics to answer this question. Some sources estimate that there are about 2 million couples currently waiting to adopt in the United States — which means there are as many as 36 couples waiting for every one child who is placed for adoption.

https://www.americanadoptions.com/pregnant/waiting_adoptive_families

Adoption: By the Numbers | publications - National Council for Adoption

Feb 15, 2017 - American families stand willing to receive these children into their hearts ... Many thanks to all of you who take an interest in adoption and the ...
Aug 18, 2016 - Nearly two million infertile couples in the United States are actively trying to adopt a child. Each of those hopeful couples would give their right .tenor.gif?itemid=4484642

Archived