THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday 1/23/19

The Gipper

Here is this week's survey....give your answers:

1.  Who wins the Super Bowl    Rams or Pats?

2.  Is there a particular Browns player that you  would like to see the Browns NOT bring back next year, and why?

3. Whose career would you have rather had.....Joe Montana or Tom Brady

4. The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 7th.   Should the Cavs trade the likes of Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love or anyone else?

5. The MLB  Hall of Fame selections have been made:   Mariano Rivera,  Edgar Martinez, Roy Halladay, and Mike Mussina got in.   (Bonds and Clemens still out). Who should be in the Baseball HOF who is not in yet?

My own answers

I want the Rams, Pats will win....though Rams have a chance...and here is why:       

Interesting historical note.  The Rams have moved 3 times and are in their 4th location in a sense...though LA is an old/new location.  In their previous 3 locations, they won one single Championship in each place:   1945...they won in Cleveland, then fled to LA.  They won a title there in LA in 1951 (beating the Browns)...but did not win another while in LA that first time.  Then they moved to St. Louis...and won a championship there in 1999.  They have since now moved back to LA.  So now that they have moved again....they are in line to win another title. 

2.  Is there a particular Browns player that you  would like to see the Browns NOT bring back next year, and why?

Its not that I necessarily want them to be moved out.....but I would definitely like to see an upgrade from both Trevon Coley and Jamie Collins at DT and LB.  I think those spots could be a primary focus of the Browns draft....or in the FA market.

Probably Brady....simply because  he will now be going to his 9th SB (Joe only went to 4)...and he is looking for his 6th title (Joe has 4). And certainly the money that Brady has made will have been exponentially more than Joe.  Some others may also cite  Brady's hot wife....but, you know, in my opinion....Joe Montana's wife was hotter than Giselle.  Recall the Joe met her while making a commercial. She was a very cute actress....prettier IMO than Giselle.   

4. The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 7th.   Should the Cavs trade the likes of Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love or anyone else?

Very much in a quandary about this one.   IF  the Cavs were to plan to do a total rebuild, then moving TT and KLove would be the thing to do. But if they wanted to try to be competitive....with those guys, and Sexton....and maybe a Zion Williams in the fold....they could be a playoff contender.  So, to make a decision, I say:  keep those 2.   (but get rid of JR Smith)

5. The MLB  Hall of Fame selections have been made:   Mariano Rivera,  Edgar Martinez, Roy Halladay, and Mike Mussina got in.   (Bonds and Clemens still out). Who should be in the Baseball HOF who is not in yet?

I would probably go ahead and put Clemens and Bonds in, just so that we would not have to keep hearing about this controversy and their sorry asses.    Schilling should also get in.....and, of course:   Omar Vizquel

1.  Who wins the Super Bowl    Rams or Pats?.......LAR I guess, too much East Coast saturation for me.

2.  Is there a particular Browns player that you  would like to see the Browns NOT bring back next year, and why?...... I always believe have a replacement before discarding what you have. A lot of people are disappointed with Collins, I'd put him up first.

3. Whose career would you have rather had.....Joe Montana or Tom Brady.....Joe Cool Montana, different era ND guy vs M guy, EJD Jr. did things for his team which could be against the rules now but the 9ers were cool.

4. The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 7th.   Should the Cavs trade the likes of Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love or anyone else?.......I don't follow the NBA at all but I feel for the first  to worst Cadavers are in trouble, again. It happens when you lose the best player player on a 5 man team sport.

5. The MLB  Hall of Fame selections have been made:   Mariano Rivera,  Edgar Martinez, Roy Halladay, and Mike Mussina got in.   (Bonds and Clemens still out). Who should be in the Baseball HOF who is not in yet?....... See the TRIBE BOARD for more details on the whole vote down to the year 1 players now gone.  I'd like to see Visquel of course becase of his wins with his glove. Oh Travis Hafner is now offically out.

1.   New England

2.   Upgrades on defense, especially at LB

3.  Brady by far.  Longevity first...been to more super bowls and won more.

4.  Who cares...they stink and will stink for at least a couple more seasons.

5.   No one I can think of.   I'm happy they're leaving the steroid guys out.  

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

FLIPPIN RAMS 

2.  Is there a particular Browns player that you  would like to see the Browns NOT bring back next year, and why?\

TYROD

BRADY

Hearing Love to the Trail Blazers

CESAR GERONIMO

1.  Who wins the Super Bowl    Rams or Pats?  Pats on a bullshit ref call

2.  Is there a particular Browns player that you  would like to see the Browns NOT bring back next year, and why?    Collins for cap room and that he takes 50% of his plays off

3. Whose career would you have rather had.....Joe Montana or Tom Brady     Brady .... not seen Montana's Mrs

4. The NBA trade deadline is Feb. 7th.   Should the Cavs trade the likes of Tristan Thompson and Kevin Love or anyone else?  Dont Care Basketball sucks

5. The MLB  Hall of Fame selections have been made:   Mariano Rivera,  Edgar Martinez, Roy Halladay, and Mike Mussina got in.   (Bonds and Clemens still out). Who should be in the Baseball HOF who is not in yet?  See answer to question 4 but insert baseball for basketball

1. Pats

2. I agree on Collins way overpaid for not much production 

3. Brady. Hot wife.

4. Don’t care. Basketball isnt even in my top 5 of sports I like

5. Pete Rose. 

Pats. Rooting for Rams though.

Greg Joseph kinda worries me, an upgrade there could be expected, unless he improves, to many missed XPs

Some guys can return, but head to the bench. Like Cooley and Kirksey, who I think would be an ideal 4th linebacker.

Montana. They both have the hot wives and loads of money, etc. But Joe was cooler. And fuck if I'm going to suck ass at Michigan, I'll go to Notre Dame and win a National Championship.

Not sure they would get enough for them to make it worthwhile. Continue sucking this year and try to get Zion and you have a couple veteran big men to piece around him.

Pete Rose, Larry Walker,  Fred Mcgriff

Archived