THE BROWNS BOARD

um Josh Gordon question

medicineman

I am not sure how this works since he is suspended and/or no longer with the team but since he was a part of the team and did have a tad success will he still get an AFC Championship rng AND or Maybe even a SB ring? I hate to bring his name up again but I know many of you know this stuff and I really have no idea how this works

(they might have bumped up the NFL amount for the rings but this is how they used to do it)

These rings are typically made of yellow or white gold with diamonds. They usually include the team name, team logo, the phrase "World Champions", and the Super Bowl number (usually indicated in Roman numerals). Many rings feature diamonds in the shape of the Vince Lombardi Trophy or a football, to illustrate the number of Super Bowls that the franchise has won.[3] Also, the rings are customized with the player's name and uniform number. The NFL contributes up to $5,000 per ring for up to 150 rings for the winning team; any additional costs are borne by the team.[4] Most rings are manufactured by memorabilia company Jostens.

The winning team can typically present rings to whomever they choose, including usually, but not limited to: players (active roster or injured), coaches, trainers, executives, personnel, and general staff. Some teams have given rings to former players and coaches that were on the team at some point during the season, despite not having been on the winning roster for the Super Bowl itself.[5][6] Sometimes a team will give rings to fans as part of a charity raffle.[7] Teams can distribute any number of rings. A recent trend over the last 15–20 years has been lesser rings awarded to front office staff. These are commonly called "B" and "C" level rings and are smaller and contain fewer diamonds or contain faux diamonds. The first instance of this was the RedskinsSuper Bowl XVII ring when many in the front office received rings that were not solid gold and contained cubic zirconia stones (which resemble diamonds). When Tampa Bay won Super Bowl XXXVII, the players and coaches received rings with a diamond-centered Lombardi trophy.[8] Some staff received rings with a metal Lombardi trophy and real diamonds surrounding the trophy and the "C" level ring did not contain any diamonds.

2 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Who cares if he does or he doesn’t

Yeah, give it to him and he'll hock it for drugs......it's been done before.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Who cares if he does or he doesn’t

Not I..

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Yeah, give it to him and he'll hock it for drugs......it's been done before.

In Josh's case it will be up to the team if he gets one or not, I'll bet NOT.   

9 minutes ago, darren15 said:

He will only pawn it for a 12 pack of Bud and an ounce of grass

Maybe a case?

After the New England Patriots won Super Bowl XLIX in 2015, owner Robert Kraft ordered 150 rings at a cost of $5.5 million.

Each ring cost $36,500, the most ever for a Super Bowl ring made by Jostens.

54cc0c9d6da8110674c362d4-750-563.jpg

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Maybe a case?

After the New England Patriots won Super Bowl XLIX in 2015, owner Robert Kraft ordered 150 rings at a cost of $5.5 million.

Each ring cost $36,500, the most ever for a Super Bowl ring made by Jostens.

54cc0c9d6da8110674c362d4-750-563.jpg

The above is nice, but I doubt they'd give Josh one of those. That $62 buck replica sounds about right. 

As a side note, I met Dick Schfrath at the Final Play before they tore the old stadium down. Got to see his 1964 Championship Ring, and in all honesty, I've seen High School class rings that were more impressive.

20 minutes ago, Unsympathetic said:

Gordon's career is up in smoke, and I bet he never plays a down of NFL football again.  What a waste.  I wouldn't even consider bringing him back.. because his entire pre-18 talk was about how responsible he had become, and it was all a giant lie.

He may have been being honest when he said that. Wave (whatever) in front of him- couldn't help himself. You may or may not have heard, the Patriots even put the chaperone detail on him to make sure he didn't screw up again.   Gave them the slip during the Bye week, and screwed up. 

Regarding him ever playing a down again in the NFL- I agree there- he's DONE. Perhaps the biggest waste of talent ever in NFL history... 

3 hours ago, Mark O said:

I believe its entirely up to the team who does or who doesn't get a ring.

But you would think the regular 53 man roster is a given.  + the Coaches....  FWIW, I took a look at the Patriot's roster on NFL.com, and Gordon isn't even showing up in the Reserve\suspended category.  

4 hours ago, hoorta said:

But you would think the regular 53 man roster is a given.  + the Coaches....  FWIW, I took a look at the Patriot's roster on NFL.com, and Gordon isn't even showing up in the Reserve\suspended category.  

I'm amazed were still talking about this piece of crap like he's relevant ... He doesn't deserve the attention were giving him lol...

Josh Gordon is a good dude. The young man has a drug problem- so what? I bet there are plenty that frequent this board that are in the same boat. I'm not judging, that's God's job. 

I personally hope JG gets a ring. He deserves it. Played his ass off this year for two teams. 

10 minutes ago, PoeticG said:

Josh Gordon is a good dude. The young man has a drug problem- so what? I bet there are plenty that frequent this board that are in the same boat. I'm not judging, that's God's job. 

I personally hope JG gets a ring. He deserves it. Played his ass off this year for two teams. 

Quality troll-work there. 

Top-notch. 

7 hours ago, PoeticG said:

You gotta be kidding. Please, tell me you are kidding.

My wtf moment of the day so far.

12 hours ago, PoeticG said:

Now...DEFINITELY shut it down.   :blink:

5 hours ago, Nero said:

You gotta be kidding. Please, tell me you are kidding.

My wtf moment of the day so far.

He's not kidding.    In his mind Puffy can do no wrong, no amount of talking or posting can change that.   Puffy is a good dude and a good player who just deserves one more chance.   Carl Hogan will be the next Joe Montana if only given another chance, and Trent Richardson will go to the hall of fame if he'd only get another chance.

No different than the few who hate Landry, doesn't matter what he does on the field there are some who will hate him no matter what and no different from that assclown troll who hates Baker....doesn't matter what he does..he's going to hate. 

I'll give PoG this...at least he's positive with this silliness as opposed to the hate from certain others.

17 hours ago, nickers said:

I'm amazed were still talking about this piece of crap like he's relevant ... He doesn't deserve the attention were giving him lol...

Probably the last we're going to be discussing Josh, as he sails off into the sunset of Oblivion with Justin Blackmon. 

14 hours ago, PoeticG said:

We haven't judged him Po, but the NFL has. Played his ass off? The Browns won't say it, but showed up late and high. And after six years of being unreliable it was bye bye. Then the Patriots had him under 24\7 survailence, slipped his babysitter, and screwed up again. Probably for the last time as an NFL player. So he let two different teams down. In lieu of a ring, hope that New England gives him free drug counseling for life, instead of the ring he can hock for weed.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Lock it up!   Lock it Up!  Lock it Up!

And the off topic Gameday food thread is at 30 pages and counting? Nope. Josh will slide off the first page soon enough. :)

14 hours ago, Mark O said:

Gameday food thread is at least interesting.  

And useful: you can learn new ways to lead your blood veins to unsurmountable levels of cholesterol and an incoming heart attack :) 

Gosh, with some of the negative feedback, I hate to bump this, but since some were curious...  

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Article/Robert-Kraft-addresses-Josh-Gordons-suspension-128475005/

The Cliff Notes version of it, if you don't want to waste time reading the article.....    Gordon got busted for another diluted urine sample, and by now you'd think he'd have learned you can't do that when you're tested...  Goodell and Kraft haven't totally slammed the door in his face about a possible return.

And- if the Patriots win the Super Bowl Gordon will get a ring- at least according to the article...   

I listened to Rodgers full presser yesterday. The guy makes millions to waffle on every question...When your Commissioner runs his own drug policy's? Guess he can waffle whenever he wants..This was the 1st question to Roger of Day..Officiating fell to 4th place 🏅     

7 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gosh, with some of the negative feedback, I hate to bump this, but since some were curious...  

https://247sports.com/nfl/new-england-patriots/Article/Robert-Kraft-addresses-Josh-Gordons-suspension-128475005/

The Cliff Notes version of it, if you don't want to waste time reading the article.....    Gordon got busted for another diluted urine sample, and by now you'd think he'd have learned you can't do that when you're tested...  Goodell and Kraft haven't totally slammed the door in his face about a possible return.

And- if the Patriots win the Super Bowl Gordon will get a ring- at least according to the article...   

As well he should get a ring. He started 11 games and was productive for them.

Since when do you not get a ring because you have an illness?

Zombo

Archived