THE BROWNS BOARD

Super Bowl Trivia....Quarterbacks

The Gipper

Here is my first set of Trivia Questions on the upcoming Super Bowl.   The subject of this is Super Bowl Quarterbacks.  Try to answer these:

1. A.  Who is the first QB.....alphabetically.....to ever start a Super Bowl?

B. Who is the last QB...alphabetically...to  ever start a Super Bowl?

2.  Which 2 colleges have produced the QBs who have the most  accumulated SB wins. (total number of wins)?

3.  Which 2 schools have produced the most different  SB Winning QBs (number of individuals....note:  3 each)? 

4. Which  school is credited with producing the most different SB Losing QBs (number of individuals....3 QBs)

Hint....none of the schools that are the answer to 2/3/4 are the same school.

5. A.  Name those colleges that are NOT CURRENTLY  FBS level schools that have produced Super Bowl winning QBs.   3 names

B. Name those schools that are NOT CURRENTLY  FBS level schools that have produce SB Losing QBs.......5 names.

6. What school will have produced the most Super Bowl starting QBs....win or lose?

7. Name those QBs who have started a Super Bowl for  more than one team.

8.  There are 3 sets of QBs who have matched up against one another in a Super Bowl more than once.  Name these 3 sets.

9. A.  What QB has won the most Super Bowls?

B. What QB has lost the most Super Bowls?

10. Name those QBs who started and won a Super Bowl.....and who also started and won a pre-Super Bowl championship game.

I remember a few from my YSU days and following YSU.

5. A.  Name those colleges that are NOT CURRENTLY  FBS level schools that have produced Super Bowl winning QBs.   3 names

Phil Simms followed by Doug Williams of course then......eh, guess wait not a guess Kurt Warner at No. Iowa a frequent YSU opponent.

B. Name those schools that are NOT CURRENTLY  FBS level schools that have produce SB Losing QBs.......5 names.

Ron Jaws Jaworski was at YSU with me.

Kenny Anderson, my buddy was a trainer at UC with Kenny's heir aparent Greg Cook for CIN

Steve Air McNair, YSU wacked him in a playoff game......Coach Jim Tressel's ninth Youngstown State football team was arguably his best. The 1994 Penguins opened the year with a tie and then rolled to 14 straight victories while wrapping up the school's second straight national championship beating Boise State 28-14 in the title game.....In the playoffs, YSU opened with a 63-20 win over a Steve McNair led Alcorn State team in a game that was nationally televised on ESPN. McNair finished with 514 yards passing, throwing the ball 82 times and he was sacked six times.

4 & 5 I'll have to think on that.

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Here is my first set of Trivia Questions on the upcoming Super Bowl.   The subject of this is Super Bowl Quarterbacks.  Try to answer these:

I'll go with Aikman.

Roethlisberger? No! Russell Wilson

Kurt Warner (Rams, Cardinals) Peyton Manning (Colts, Broncos)

8.  There are 3 sets of QBs who have matched up against one another in a Super Bowl more than once.  Name these 3 sets.

Tom Brady - Eli Manning is one

Tom Brady.

Ironically, Tom Brady must be up there too (Giants twice, Eagles). Now, I forgot the name of that Bills' QB in the nineties... Jim Kelly???

8 hours ago, Nero said:

Here is my first set of Trivia Questions on the upcoming Super Bowl.   The subject of this is Super Bowl Quarterbacks.  Try to answer these:

1. A.  Who is the first QB.....alphabetically.....to ever start a Super Bowl?

I'll go with Aikman.

Or Aaron Rodgers?

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Or Aaron Rodgers?

He didnt specify if it was either first or last name, so... Shut this thread down!

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

On the NFL alphabet 1. B. I don't know if Seattle's Zorn ever started with them or any other team, Young, Steve would be a good contender.

12 hours ago, mjp28 said:

I remember a few from my YSU days and following YSU.

5. A.  Name those colleges that are NOT CURRENTLY  FBS level schools that have produced Super Bowl winning QBs.   3 names

Phil Simms followed by Doug Williams of course then......eh, guess wait not a guess Kurt Warner at No. Iowa a frequent YSU opponent.

Ron Jaws Jaworski was at YSU with me.

Kenny Anderson, my buddy was a trainer at UC with Kenny's heir aparent Greg Cook for CIN

Steve Air McNair, YSU wacked him in a playoff game......Coach Jim Tressel's ninth Youngstown State football team was arguably his best. The 1994 Penguins opened the year with a tie and then rolled to 14 straight victories while wrapping up the school's second straight national championship beating Boise State 28-14 in the title game.....In the playoffs, YSU opened with a 63-20 win over a Steve McNair led Alcorn State team in a game that was nationally televised on ESPN. McNair finished with 514 yards passing, throwing the ball 82 times and he was sacked six times.

4 & 5 I'll have to think on that.

Are there some answers in there somewhere?  I was looking for the names of schools. You might have some things right, but you have confused yourself with  a lot of rambling.

I'll go with Aikman.  Check

Roethlisberger? No! Russell Wilson  Neither is correct

Kurt Warner (Rams, Cardinals) Peyton Manning (Colts, Broncos)  Check on these, but there is one more

Tom Brady - Eli Manning is one Yes, that is one....two more

Tom Brady.  Check...

Ironically, Tom Brady must be up there too (Giants twice, Eagles). Now, I forgot the name of that Bills' QB in the nineties... Jim Kelly???

Check.   (and you are right...if Brady loses this SB...he will tie Kelly with most losses)

34 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Are there some answers in there somewhere?  I was looking for the names of schools. You might have some things right, but you have confused yourself with  a lot of rambling.

5.A. Simms, Williams, Warner

5.B. Jaworski, K. Anderson, McNair  not sure yet on 4 & 5

33 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

How do you figure that R comes before A?    (last names)

It says names but you could assume last names there. ;)

3 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

5.A. Simms, Williams, Warner

5.B. Jaworski, K. Anderson, McNair  not sure yet on 4 & 5

Tricky, 5. A. Simms Morehead I think, Williams Grambling of course, Warner is No. Iowa ---> Arena League ---> NFL.

5. B. Jaworski D-II YSU, Kenny Anderson Agustina I think which later dropped football and McNair was Alcorn State.

16 minutes ago, mjp28 said:

Tricky, 5. A. Simms Morehead I think, Williams Grambling of course, Warner is No. Iowa ---> Arena League ---> NFL.

5. B. Jaworski D-II YSU, Kenny Anderson Agustina I think which later dropped football and McNair was Alcorn State.

OK, these are correct...partial check.......because there is still one each left in each category

On 1/22/2019 at 5:41 PM, The Gipper said:

2.  Which 2 colleges have produced the QBs who have the most  accumulated SB wins. (total number of wins)?

Notre Dame and Michigan 8

3.  Which 2 schools have produced the most different  SB Winning QBs (number of individuals....note:  3 each)? 

Notre Dame and Alabama

4. Which  school is credited with producing the most different SB Losing QBs (number of individuals....3 QBs)

Southern Cal

I saw the no two schools are the answer to more than 1 question, just guessing ND might be good for one

5. A.  Name those colleges that are NOT CURRENTLY  FBS level schools that have produced Super Bowl winning QBs.   3 names

6. What school will have produced the most Super Bowl starting QBs....win or lose?

Craig Morton Cowboys and Broncos

Staubach and Bradshaw

10. Name those QBs who started and won a Super Bowl.....and who also started and won a pre-Super Bowl championship game.

Starr,Dawson,Unitas

Notre Dame and Michigan 8  These schools are correct....but they have won 5 each (Mich.  5 with Brady; ND  4 with Montana 1 with Theisman

Notre Dame and Alabama Alabama yes, not ND

Southern Cal  NO

I saw the no two schools are the answer to more than 1 question, just guessing ND might be good for one

Craig Morton Cowboys and Broncos  Check, he is the other

Staubach and Bradshaw  Check...there is another pair

Starr,Dawson,Unitas  These are all correct, check

Second Chance Saloon.    Unanswered so far:

3. Besides Alabama, what other school has produced 3 Super Bowl winning QBs?

4. Which school has produced the most Super Bowl losing QBs?

5. A. Besides Dough Williams/Grambling, Kurt Warner/Northern Iowa, and Phil Simms/Morehead State.....what other Super Bowl winning QB came from a current  non FBS level college?

B. Besides McNair/Alcorn St., Jaworski/Youngstown St, Warner/Northern Iowa and Anderson/Augustana....what other Super Bowl losing QB came from a curren non FBS level college?

6. What school will have produced the most Super Bowl starting QBs, win or lose?

8. Besides Brady/Eli and Bradshaw/Staubach....what other set of QBs  started more than one Super Bowl against each other.

6. What school will have produced the most Super Bowl starting QBs, win or lose?......that would have to be Michigan with Brady. At one time long ago Michigan was noted for not producing any top NFL caliber quarterbacks.

9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Purdue

Cali

5. A. Besides Dough Williams/Grambling, Kurt Warner/Northern Iowa, and Phil Simms/Morehead State.....what other Super Bowl winning QB came from a current  non FBS level college?

B. Besides McNair/Alcorn St., Jaworski/Youngstown St, Warner/Northern Iowa and Anderson/Augustana....what other Super Bowl losing QB came from a curren non FBS level college?

6. What school will have produced the most Super Bowl starting QBs, win or lose?

Alabama

8. Besides Brady/Eli and Bradshaw/Staubach....what other set of QBs  started more than one Super Bowl against each other.  Jim Kelly & Troy Aikman

13 hours ago, mjp28 said:

6. What school will have produced the most Super Bowl starting QBs, win or lose?......that would have to be Michigan with Brady. At one time long ago Michigan was noted for not producing any top NFL caliber quarterbacks.

NO....again, here I am speaking in terms of individuals...not accumulated.

Purdue   Check

Cali  Check

Alabama   NO

8. Besides Brady/Eli and Bradshaw/Staubach....what other set of QBs  started more than one Super Bowl against each other.  Jim Kelly & Troy Aikman  Check

Answers

1. A.  Who is the first QB.....alphabetically.....to ever start a Super Bowl?  Troy Aikman

B. Who is the last QB...alphabetically...to  ever start a Super Bowl?  Steve Young

Michigan  5.  All Brady;    Notre Dame  5  Montana 4,  Theisman  1

Purdue  3   Dawson, Griese, Brees

Alabama 3  Starr, Namath, Stabler

California   Kapp, Morton, Ferragamo (split with Nebraska)

5. A.  Name those colleges that are NOT CURRENTLY  FBS level schools that have produced Super Bowl winning QBs.   4 names

Grambling: Doug Williams; Northern Iowa: Kurt Warner; Morehead state: Phil Simms;  Delaware:  Joe Flacco

Alcorn St./Steve McNair;  Augustana/Ken Anderson; NE Louisiana/Stan Humphries; Northern Iowa/Kurt Warner;  Youngstown St./Ron Jaworski

California  (Cal-Berkely):  Morton, Kapp, Ferragamo, Aaron Rodgers, and now Jared Goff. (only Rodgers has won the SB...so far)

Craig Morton:  Cowboys/Broncos....both losses

Kurt Warner: Rams/Cardinals..... won 1 with Rams, lost 1 with Rams, lost with Cardinals.

Peyton Manning:   Colts/Broncos  ...only one to have won with both teams (but he also lost one with both teams)

Bradshaw/Staubach;    Aikman/Kelly;  Brady/Eli Manning

9. A.  What QB has won the most Super Bowls? Tom Brady....5....so far

B. What QB has lost the most Super Bowls?  Jim Kelly...4.    (Brady could tie him if he loses)

Bart Starr,  Len Dawson,  Johnny Unitas.

Archived