THE BROWNS BOARD

Mainstream media is wrong again

Westside Steve

41 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Just when you think the fake news can't top itself...they bring on a whole 'nother level stupid shit.

27 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Does anybody expect a retraction? Even today CNN kind of hinted that they weren't exactly correct. But hey never miss a chance to scream racism.

WSS

When this story was breaking, CNN, MSNBC, etc. were saying "This is an unconfirmed report from Buzzfeed".

So if it's unconfirmed, why the fuck are you reporting it as fact?

When 60 Minutes became the #1 show in 1974, Executive Producer Don Hewitt said it was a double-edged sword. He felt vindicated because until that moment the news divisions at the networks were regarded with disdain by the programming execs.; a boring, necessary evil and financial drain on the network. But Hewitt knew that everything would change once the network execs saw that the news divisions could actually make money for the network. Now news would be packaged as entertainment.

People forget (or are too young to remember) that in the 1970's 60 Minutes was a serious investigative news magazine. While they did some 'fluff' entertainment pieces the majority of their stories were serious investigative stories. Watergate, Syria----Mike Wallace's interviews with Yasser Arafat royally pissed off the PLO at his "disrespect towards Chairman Arafat." Wallace exposed government officials in Chicago and L.A. who were getting illegal kickbacks. He was interviewing the Shah of Iran as early as 1974 and exposing, to the State Departments dismay, the nefarious shit going on between the Shah and the U.S. government. He was one of the first to report that the Shah was facing some serious opposition in Iran 2 years before the embassy takeover.

ALL of the 'news' networks, etc---CNN, MSNBC, FOX News, Breitbart---ALL are doing a tremendous disservice to the American electorate.

53 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Does anybody expect a retraction? Even today CNN kind of hinted that they weren't exactly correct. But hey never miss a chance to scream racism.

WSS

When this story was breaking, CNN, MSNBC, etc. were saying "This is an unconfirmed report from Buzzfeed".

I don't remember them making the disclaimer on the Indians story. Maybe they did with the BuzzFeed attorney Cohen story.

But even if they did the damage has been done it's already gone viral and everybody has seen it and most Stooges think that this Indian was attacked by Republican teenagers.

WSS

3 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:
  53 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

WSS

I don't remember them making the disclaimer on the Indians story. Maybe they did with the BuzzFeed attorney Cohen story.

But even if they did the damage has been done it's already gone viral and everybody has seen it and most Stooges think that this Indian was attacked by Republican teenagers.

WSS

WSS---semantics aside, I think we are both in agreement on this.

Not every 'reporter' made the disclaimer---I specifically recall Chuck Todd and at least one other talking head saying that it was unconfirmed.

But to me, the disclaimer is not the issue, nor does it let the person reporting the story off the hook. 'Unconfirmed' is the equivalent of "I know a guy who knows a guy..." Until it is confirmed it is just bullshit and shouldn't be reported as fact. And the news services do a tremendous disservice to the electorate and to the country when they do this kind of shit. 

It also amazes me (I guess it shouldn't) that they can be so tone deaf. The news organizations bitch and moan over Trump calling them Fake News! and then turn right around and give him ammunition. 

I stand corrected. The 'unconfirmed' disclaimer was on the Cohen story. And if I'm not mistaken, one of the two Buzzfeed reporters on the Cohen story had already previously filed an erroneous report on Cohen. 

I still stand by my other statements. Is it too much to ask that stories or video be checked and confirmed before screaming BREAKING NEWS? 

well, whatever happened to my post...

I know I typed it in. Perhaps a mod thinks I was making fun of the Black Hebrew group and deleted it.

Truth is, it's a fact that that is their group name, except I forgot the "Israelites" part.

So, I'll post this instead. The actual audio of that controversy had the "Israelites" trying to get the Indian group to go over

and blackety blank the Covington kids, especially the one wearing the MAGA hat.

***********************************************************************************************

What to know about Black Hebrew Israelites, the group in that ...

2 hours ago - Hebrew Israelites believe African-Americans are God's chosen ... What to know about Black Hebrew Israelites, the group in that Covington Catholic video ... “Confrontations between Hebrew Israelite street preachers and their ...
2 days ago - Dozens of students from Covington Catholic High School in Kentucky, who had been in ... There were also black men who identified themselves as Hebrew Israelites, preaching their beliefs and shouting racially combative ...

NOTE: I won't post the audio itself - if I could find it - because part of it is so obscene they wouldn't play it on the radio.

and that part was all "Israelites"

1 hour ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

Woody never admits his numerous defeats.

Why should he?  He can just move the goalpost.  Like making a shallow, unsophisticated point and claim it's such a "deeper" point nobody gets.  Not that he would extend that privilege to anyone else beyond face value.  Apparently, rather than admit it was sloppy and dumb, he will just double down on his intellectual "superiority".        

54 minutes ago, htownbrown said:

Why should he?  He can just move the goalpost.  Like making a shallow, unsophisticated point and claim it's such a "deeper" point nobody gets.  Not that he would extend that privilege to anyone else beyond face value.  Apparently, rather than admit it was sloppy and dumb, he will just double down on his intellectual "superiority".        

Coming from one of the most condescending posters on this board that only graces us with his presence now and then, as he  watches over the monkeys on the political board  waiting to show us the light....

... man come on

I didn't move any goalposts. That doesn't even fit here. 

Conservatives are using TDS to deflect criticism from their public, political figure. Liberals were using the race card to deflect criticism from their public, political figure (and if you believe this board, it happened all of the time and was never, ever justified... but that's  something else). Are they exactly the same in every single aspect? No, clearly not. But they're being used for the same purpose. If the people using TDS had the opportunity to always call someone racist for criticizing Trump they would (though, they've tried). Is it worse to be a racist than someone with TDS? Yes. But the point is how each political group is using the phrases to deflect criticism. We'd have a better view of the 1 to 1 if there were actually liberal versions of some of the far right posters here.

3 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Coming from one of the most condescending posters on this board that only graces us with his presence now and then, as he  watches over the monkeys on the political board  waiting to show us the light....

... man come on

I didn't move any goalposts. That doesn't even fit here. 

Conservatives are using TDS to deflect criticism from their public, political figure. Liberals were using the race card to deflect criticism from their public, political figure (and if you believe this board, it happened all of the time and was never, ever justified... but that's  something else). Are they exactly the same in every single aspect? No, clearly not. But they're being used for the same purpose. If the people using TDS had the opportunity to always call someone racist for criticizing Trump they would (though, they've tried). Is it worse to be a racist than someone with TDS? Yes. But the point is how each political group is using the phrases to deflect criticism. We'd have a better view of the 1 to 1 if there were actually liberal versions of some of the far right posters here.

I can not confirm or deny the first part of your opening statement, but if true, the pot has officially met the kettle.  Either the lack of self awareness is profound or the hypocrisy is genuine.

Honestly, comparing the race card to tds is kind of a deflection in of itself, but it's not worth the keystrokes to go there.  The whole "6 degrees of Kevin Bacon" routine with racism is dumb though.  I'll tell you again, people don't use the race card to simply "deflect".  If i call you a pedophile right now, you won't consider it deflection. You could potentially sue me for slander, not deflection, if I did.

I'm not denying tds in situations is deflection, but the race card is not.  A $25k a semester education should make this an easy concept for you.  No one is slandering you when they say you have tds.  The intent, motivation, purpose, whatever you want to call it, is not the same.  The race card is not a misdirection to avoid further conversation, it doesn't even require conversation.  In fact, it can be used to prohibit conversation.  It can and was used in a variety of diffent ways.  It's a political Swiss army knife.  Deflection is just a diluted definition of what the race card is, so you can feel clever.  It's dumb, try harder.

After Lying His Fool Head Off, Phillips Wants Covington Boys EXPELLED!

Native American Nathan Phillips has told a series of stories about the incident with the Covington boys, and they change when he gets caught in false accounts.

THE MANY LIES OF NATHAN PHILLIPS

Phillips first told The Washington Post the students swarmed him while he was preparing to leave the Indigenous People’s March scheduled for the same day. Phillips initially said one student, who has since identified himself as high school junior Nick Sandmann, blocked his path from leaving as he tried to do so.

Videos showed he entered their group doing school cheers to drown out the radical hate group, the New Israelites, aka Black Hebrew Israelites, who were taunting the boys for an extended period.

After that was disproven with videos, Phillips told a second version of the story to the Detroit Free Press. Phillips claimed he was playing the role of peacemaker by getting between the students and four “old black individuals,” whom he claimed the students were attacking.

“They were in the process of attacking these four black individuals,” Phillip told the Michigan paper. “I was there, and I was witnessing all of this … As this kept on going on and escalating, it just got to a point where you do something, or you walk away, you know? You see something that is wrong, and you’re faced with that choice of right or wrong.”

Newsday reported Phillips said it was all a misunderstanding.

Phillips had the gall to say the boys were the original abusers.

“These young men were beastly, and these old black individuals was their prey, and I stood in between them, and so they needed their pounds of flesh, and they were looking at me for that,” he added.

We know from videos that the “old black individuals” were verbally assaulting and threatening the boys.

Phillips repeatedly claimed in his interviews Sunday and Monday that some of the students who allegedly surrounded him [but didn’t] chanted “build the wall.” None of the videos have shown any chants to that effect.

So when will the media report the many sins of Nathan Phillips? When will they expose the Hebrew Israelites who are an anti-gay gang of street preachers who spread hate? When will they do to them what they did to the boys?

http://www.independentsentinel.com/after-lying-his-fool-head-off-phillips-wants-covington-boys-expelled/

3 hours ago, flyingfooldoug said:

I see adult men and women harassing and insulting school children. Nothing more to it. Those are kids. 

Yep, kids shouldn't be harassed. These high schoolers. Parkland survivors. Etc.

Though I think it's fine to joke about Hogg in here. Or say that kid looked like a smug asshole. But it may just be because he's a kid. 

Any high schooler that's out there and really politically active, especially in groups, I think you can question their motives. Just like you might dismiss a bunch of liberal, millennial, snowflakes complaining about something I think that holds here with smug, mostly white males, wearing MAGA hats to get a response out of others. Now if they can really speak to their views, ok that's different.

47 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

This will be the go to for a while to dismiss anything from the "MSM". Just like how Trump's win means polls don't count anymore. 

Obviously they've messed up before, but this looks like it will be the poster child.

When you take into account the BuzzFeed fiasco, along with the Covington kids gaffe.

It hasn't been a good week for the MSM to shake the "Fake News" stigma.

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Yep, kids shouldn't be harassed. These high schoolers. Parkland survivors. Etc.

Though I think it's fine to joke about Hogg in here. Or say that kid looked like a smug asshole. But it may just be because he's a kid. 

Any high schooler that's out there and really politically active, especially in groups, I think you can question their motives. Just like you might dismiss a bunch of liberal, millennial, snowflakes complaining about something I think that holds here with smug, mostly white males, wearing MAGA hats to get a response out of others. Now if they can really speak to their views, ok that's different.

Yes I remember when big groups of white fundamentalist gather around your little buddy screaming vulgarities.

Oh yeah that didn't happen. Just a few guys made fun of him when he was all over the fucking news. Whoops.

WSS

11 minutes ago, Westside Steve said:

Yes I remember when big groups of white fundamentalist gather around your little buddy screaming vulgarities.

Oh yeah that didn't happen. Just a few guys made fun of him when he was all over the fucking news. Whoops.

WSS

Big groups?

Archived