THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's '18 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.

He better hope something was lost in translation. 

That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.

6 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Have you gotten Nero's Powerball Numbers for Saturday? Heck, we could fly his whole family 1st class;) 

Careful with what you say... I got a big family!

On 1/30/2019 at 8:13 AM, Tour2ma said:

Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???

RECOUNT!!!!

Thanks Tour!  Are they still selling that HE HATE ME jersey anywhere? 

Edited by Flugel

4 hours ago, Nero said:

That day, I will use all the expresions related to "puta" constantly so you get the hang of it.

I know I'd love to hear you call my mother a whore to my face. 

We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it. 

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!

Is that a first?

1 hour ago, Dutch Oven said:

We Italian guys are well-known to really, really appreciate that, and we express our appreciation constantly so you would get the hang of it. 

*Sigh* I never mentioned your mother...

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Is that a first?

I've been doing these for a dozen or so years (dating back to the board mjp, Coyote and JDailey came from) and every once in a while there's no chicken dinner awarded or the big dummy named.

The "Big Dummy Award" is a joke from the old board. There was a poster on it - VTBrowns - who was unintentionally the funniest mothertrucker I've ever known. He'd get on these rants and then get made fun of so hard he'd quit the board for months, only to return and the same hilarity would ensue. He was yelling at someone one day and started calling them "big dummy", which caused us to imagine him as Fred Sanford. He called us the "bitch click"... He wasn't the strongest speller either. God I miss VT... 😂 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

Italian?  Then what's up with the screen name?  The last 2 Italian guys that wanted to be Dutch were Brutus and Cassius.

Now we have a Spanish guy that wants to be called Nero; and it's like Ancestry.Com just slapped you right upside the head with - how bout a little Michael Corleone needing to defend his mother here?

8 hours ago, Nero said:
terrific
/təˈrɪfɪk/
adjective
  1. 1.
    of great size, amount, or intensity.
    "there was a terrific bang"
    sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más

2. 2.
    ARCHAIC
    causing terror.
    "his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
    sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful
    "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"

Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.

Well....I am an English speaking person...for 67 years now.......and I can tell you that I have never heard the term "terrific"  used to mean what that second part of that definition says.....and I doubt that anyone else on here has either......and even the sentence given does not jive with the definition:  "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"  I would take to me "huge/massive, etc.

58 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Well....I am an English speaking person...for 67 years now.......and I can tell you that I have never heard the term "terrific"  used to mean what that second part of that definition says.....and I doubt that anyone else on here has either......and even the sentence given does not jive with the definition:  "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"  I would take to me "huge/massive, etc.

Well, the root of the word is "terr" which stands for terror... So it had that meaning so it is misleading for us non native English speakers. 

13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? (At the end of training camp 2019) If not, what date does he get fired?

Zombo: Yes

jcam222: Yes

Tour2ma: Yes

Nero: No, 12/30/18

Coyote: Yes

mjp: Yes

Bob806: Yes

FlyinJ: Yes

Flugel: Yes

gumby: No, bye week

Dutch Oven: No, 12/30/18

JDailey: No, 11/12/18

Answer: The Hue Jackson Era ended on 10/29/18, fired after the Steelers game, which is damn near tradition at this point. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I have to admit, the answers to this blew me away even at the time. The overwhelming optimism that Hue was going to make it through the season and would be the head coach going into the 2019 season was surprising considering the overall sentiment on this board. Jdailey and gumby were within two weeks for the win. 

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I suppose it goes to everyone who thought Hue would see the fourth season as Browns head coach. 

• Sad 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Flugel said:

Now we have a Spanish guy that wants to be called Nero; and it's like Ancestry.Com just slapped you right upside the head with - how bout a little Michael Corleone needing to defend his mother here?

Ironically, I took Nero about 12 years ago and didn't know it was Italian or anything... Though later I thought it suited me. Anyway, just to clarify, I'm Spanish, so bear in mind that I don't pronounce it like most of you would: "Niro"  I pronounce it like "Nero" instead. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

13. Will Hue Jackson be the head coach of the Browns at this time next year? (At the end of training camp 2019) If not, what date does he get fired?

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I suppose it goes to everyone who thought Hue would see the fourth season as Browns head coach. 

The popular vote was 8 yes 4 no which shows how those things can work out......sometimes.  :huh:

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

The popular vote was 8 yes 4 no which shows how those things can work out......sometimes.  :huh:

At the time I wouldn't had thought there was 8 people on the entire board who thought Hue would be the head coach for the upcoming season.

So it was somewhat shocking to see 2/3rds of the predictors think that. 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Ironically, I took Nero about 12 years ago and didn't know it was Italian or anything... Though later I thought it suited me. Anyway, just to clarify, I'm Spanish, so bear in mind that I don't pronounce it like most of you would: "Niro"  I pronounce it like "Nero" instead. 

Hey, it works.  He was like the very first Andrew Dice Clay except he was in charge of the Roman Empire. 

Knowing you're Spanish - the only alternative screen name I could see for you was a badasss fictional Gladiator called "Spaniard".   

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I've been doing these for a dozen or so years (dating back to the board mjp, Coyote and JDailey came from) and every once in a while there's no chicken dinner awarded or the big dummy named.

The "Big Dummy Award" is a joke from the old board. There was a poster on it - VTBrowns - who was unintentionally the funniest mothertrucker I've ever known. He'd get on these rants and then get made fun of so hard he'd quit the board for months, only to return and the same hilarity would ensue. He was yelling at someone one day and started calling them "big dummy", which caused us to imagine him as Fred Sanford. He called us the "bitch click"... He wasn't the strongest speller either. God I miss VT... 😂 

VT was a riot.  He came up with some of the wildest shit I ever read.  VT is on Twitter.  No super active, but he's on there. 

• Haha 2

14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins?

Zombo: Atlanta over LA Chargers

jcam222: Minnesota over New England

Tour2ma: LA Rams over Jacksonville

Nero: New Orleans over LA Chargers

Coyote: New England over LA Rams

mjp: Green Bay over Houston

Bob806: New England over Minnesota

FlyinJ: Minnesota over New England

Flugel: LA Rams over Jacksonville

gumby: New England over Minnesota

Dutch Oven: Atlanta over Pittsburgh

JDailey: Philadelphia over New England

Answer: The New England Patriots beat the Los Angeles Rams 13-3 for their sixth Super Bowl victory in franchise history. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I understand why the Patriots are hated, I totally get it. But there's something impressive watching a team do what it has for as long as it has, especially considering how few players will end up in the Hall of Fame from this run. (In relation to other dynasties in NFL history) Three posters correctly chose New England winning the Super Bowl, but only Coyote nailed the exact result of them defeating the Rams.

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Only one guy chose two teams who didn't even make the playoffs, and that dummy was me - Dutch Oven.  

• Thanks 1

Completely agreed. I always root against the Patriots but I admire what they have achieved. 

Thank you Dutch for doing these questions, they are fun! 

• Thanks 1
  • Upvote 1

23 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

14. What two teams are in the Super Bowl? Who wins?

Dutch Oven: Atlanta over Pittsburgh  :lol:

Answer: The New England Patriots beat the Los Angeles Rams 13-3 for their sixth Super Bowl victory in franchise history. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I understand why the Patriots are hated, I totally get it. But there's something impressive watching a team do what it has for as long as it has, especially considering how few players will end up in the Hall of Fame from this run. (In relation to other dynasties in NFL history) Three posters correctly chose New England winning the Super Bowl, but only Coyote nailed the exact result of them defeating the Rams.

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Only one guy chose two teams who didn't even make the playoffs, and that dummy was me - Dutch Oven.  

Yes sometimes it feels so good being so wrong!  :D

See you all in the Dutch's '19 Browns Questions.

Very well done and very fun read Dutch. Remind me to play along next year. Guessing games like this always feels like trying to piss into a soup can off a 2 story building, which really sounds fun unless you feel like you’re actually expected to land a few drops in the can. A can full of piss is not necessarilly better than a pissless can, and that is liberating. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

Very well done and very fun read Dutch. Remind me to play along next year. Guessing games like this always feels like trying to piss into a soup can off a 2 story building, which really sounds fun unless you feel like you’re actually expected to land a few drops in the can. A can full of piss is not necessarilly better than a pissless can, and that is liberating. 

Here's your reminder......

• NFL Kickoff Game: The Kickoff Game is scheduled for September 5, televised nationally by NBC. If previous precedent is followed,  it will feature the Super Bowl LIII champion New England Patriots and will be hosted at Gillette Stadium. However, the Patriots could play instead in the season opener of Sunday Night Football, which would allow the NFL to schedule another game for the Kickoff Game.  One possibility may feature the Chicago Bears hosting the Green Bay Packers to begin the Bears' 100th season, which would be a reverse-fixture from Week 1 in 2018 where the Packers were the host to begin their 100th season.

1 hour ago, mjp28 said:

Here's your reminder......

• NFL Kickoff Game: The Kickoff Game is scheduled for September 5, televised nationally by NBC. If previous precedent is followed,  it will feature the Super Bowl LIII champion New England Patriots and will be hosted at Gillette Stadium. However, the Patriots could play instead in the season opener of Sunday Night Football, which would allow the NFL to schedule another game for the Kickoff Game.  One possibility may feature the Chicago Bears hosting the Green Bay Packers to begin the Bears' 100th season, which would be a reverse-fixture from Week 1 in 2018 where the Packers were the host to begin their 100th season.

Actually.....if they wanted to do it right.....they would have the Bears play the Cardinals.    These are the only two teams left who also played in the very first NFL season in 1920.    Then they were the Chicago Cardinals and the Decatur Staleys.

The Bears did move one year later...1921 to Chicago....and the Packers came into the league in 1921.....but it is only those Cardinals and Staleys/Bears franchises that have been around ab initio.

32 minutes ago, choco said:

So, nfl is celebrating 100 years...but there's only 53 championships? 🤔

53 Super Bowls blending the NFL and new(er) AFL together just before the offical merger.

BTW just how old are you? 

On 2/2/2019 at 1:47 PM, mjp28 said:

Hue must have lost the Electoral College...

Good stuff Dutch... thanks for doing this.

• Upvote 1

• 5 months later...
On 2/3/2019 at 11:01 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Thanks to everyone who played along, we'll post another one of these just prior to the 2019 season opener!

Special "100th year" edition.

nfl-100-696x344.jpg