THE BROWNS BOARD

Dutch's '18 Browns Questions

Dutch Oven

1 hour ago, Tour2ma said:

Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???

RECOUNT!!!!

What? Hanging chads?  Is this Florida?   :lol:

8 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Nevertheless he wins you can’t take that away from him 

You have to realize that there's a good reason for me to be treated in such a slight, discriminatory and non-human way... I have gotten around it fairly easily around this board, but sometimes it's too much, that I can't take this kind of treatment...

Reason being I'm hispanic. 

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, Nero said:

You have to realize that there's a good reason for me to be treated in such a slight, discriminatory and non-human way... I have gotten around it fairly easily around this board, but sometimes it's too much, that I can't take this kind of treatment...

Reason being I'm hispanic. 

As far as I know Donald Trump doesn’t post here so I’m not sure that’s it. 

10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many?

Zombo: Landry, 100

jcam222: Landry, 90

Tour2ma: Landry, 98

Nero: Landry, 95

Coyote: Landry, 101

mjp: Landry, 109

Bob806: Njoku, 77

FlyinJ: Landry, 95

Flugel: Landry, 105

gumby: Johnson, 87

DutchOven: Landry, 82

JDailey: Njoku, 68

Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns in receptions with 81. Other top receivers were David Njoku (56), Duke Johnson (47), Antonio Callaway (43) and Rashard Higgins (39). 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Jarvis Landry was the overwhelming favorite, even if he had fewer receptions than most expected. That might not be the worst thing in the world, considering Mayfield's ability to spread the ball around. DutchOven almost nailed it. 

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I like the balls of taking someone besides Landry, but gumby's Duke Johnson prediction was nearly twice as high as what he delivered. 

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

10. Who leads the Browns in receptions? How many?

Zombo: Landry, 100

jcam222: Landry, 90

Tour2ma: Landry, 98

Nero: Landry, 95

Coyote: Landry, 101

mjp: Landry, 109

Bob806: Njoku, 77

FlyinJ: Landry, 95

Flugel: Landry, 105

gumby: Johnson, 87

DutchOven: Landry, 82

JDailey: Njoku, 68

Answer: Jarvis Landry led the Browns in receptions with 81. Other top receivers were David Njoku (56), Duke Johnson (47), Antonio Callaway (43) and R. Higgins (39). 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Jarvis Landry was the overwhelming favorite, even if he had fewer receptions than most expected. That might not be the worst thing in the world, considering Mayfield's ability to spread the ball around. DutchOven almost nailed it. 

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I like the balls of taking someone besides Landry, but gumby's Duke Johnson prediction was nearly twice as high as what he delivered. 

FIX!!!

11. Who leads the Browns in receiving yards? How many?

Zombo: Gordon, 1333

jcam222: Gordon, 1400

Tour2ma: Landy, 1167

Nero: Landry, 950

Coyote: Gordon, 1120

mjp: Landry, 1234

Bob806: Landry, 1074

FlyinJ: Gordon, 1005

Flugel: Landry, 1100

gumby: Landry, 1080

DutchOven: Landry, 850

JDailey: Gordon, 950

Answer: Jarvis Landry lead the Browns with 976 receiving yards. Other notables: David Njoku (639), Antonio Callaway (586), Rashard Higgins (572), Duke Johnson (429). 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Oh boy, I knew this could end up being an interesting question to revisit the moment I wrote it, and it didn't disappoint. Josh Gordon ended up playing one game for the Browns before being traded, after another weird "Was he high?" moment finally (FINALLY) had the Browns say enough is enough. One reception for 17 yards and a touchdown for the season for Gordon. The winner is everyone's favorite olive-skinned foreigner, Nero. 

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... With a prediction 1383 yards north of Josh Gordon's 17 yards, jcam222. 

6 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

The winner is everyone's favorite olive-skinned foreigner, Nero.

Olive-skinned? That's a stereotype, lol! Sorry to disappoint you... I'm very pale.

But don't let this distract you from the fact that I did fairly well on this contest ;)

4 hours ago, Nero said:

Olive-skinned? That's a stereotype, lol! Sorry to disappoint you... I'm very pale.

But don't let this distract you from the fact that I did fairly well on this contest ;)

As an Italian, I consider it a great stereotype! 😁

You have done asi asi. 

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

As an Italian, I consider it a great stereotype! 😁

You have done asi asi. 

I've done de puta madre.

5 minutes ago, Zombo said:

I think someone just went after someone's mama ...

giphy.gif

De puta madre means "great"...

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

How to say whore in Spanish

What's the Spanish word for whore? Here's a list of translations.

Spanish Translation
copy-icon-grey-30x30.png pronounce-icon-grey-30x30.png

puta

mother

I don't know about y'all....but my Irish ass  would be kicking somebody's   Spanish ass.

Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has. 

I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!". 

"De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments). 

2 hours ago, Nero said:

Good job, Gipper. You found one of those particularities every language has. 

I just thought of one in English that is very similar: terrific. It has a negative meaning but when you say ''Terrific'' you are actually saying "awesome!". 

"De puta madre" has a positive meaning, "hijo de puta" doesn't (thought we use it on friendly environments). 

I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific. 

12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

Zombo: 17

jcam222: 10.5

Tour2ma: 15.5

Nero: 12

Coyote: 15

mjp: 17.5

Bob806: 17

FlyinJ: 13

Flugel: 13

gumby: 14.5

DutchOven: 10.5

JDailey: 11

Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Very good things were predicted by us for young Garrett this season, and he didn't disappoint. Garrett is firmly the #2 guy on the Browns, someone to build the defense around. FlyinJ and Flugel share this tasty victory.

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!

4 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Something is lost in translation 

One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.

He better hope something was lost in translation. 

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

12. How many sacks does Myles Garrett get?

gumby: 14.5

Answer: Myles Garrett had 13.5 sacks in 2018. 

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Honestly no one's prediction was that far off in either direction, so no big dummy!

no dummy? I want the refs head on a stick that called Garrett for roughing Ben in opener.Not laying Ben down to ground 'gently' my arss..:D that f'n homo ref cost me perfection calling  even a half sack..

33 minutes ago, Dutch Oven said:

One of these days he's going to be real excited to come to the States and meet people on this board for a Browns game.

Have you gotten Nero's Powerball Numbers for Saturday? Heck, we could fly his whole family 1st class;) 

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I don’t know where you get that terrific has a negative meaning. Maybe you are thinking of horrific. 

terrific
/təˈrɪfɪk/
adjective
  1. 1.
    of great size, amount, or intensity.
    "there was a terrific bang"
    sinónimos: tremendous, huge, massive, gigantic, colossal, mighty, great, very great, very big, prodigious, formidable, sizeable, considerable; Más

2. 2.
    ARCHAIC
    causing terror.
    "his body presented a terrific emblem of death"
    sinónimos: dreadful, terrible, appalling, awful, horrific, horrible, horrendous, horrifying, hideous, grim, ghastly, gruesome, frightful, fearful
    "terrific scenes of slaughter and destruction"

7 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I know Nero didn't just refer to my mother as a whore, right?

Now that I know that your girl is Irish, I can say I would never poke the Italo-Irish Mafia.