Coyote: 6-10

mjp: 5-10-1

Bob806: 9-6-1

FlyinJ: 8-8

Flugel: 8-8

gumby: 5-11

DutchOven: 4-12

JDailey: 5-11

Answer:  The 2018 Cleveland Browns, like the Phoenix of lore, rose from the ashes of four wins in the previous three seasons combined to come within a Ghoolie hair of their third winning season since they came back to the NFL in 1999, finishing 7-8-1. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: First, hats off to mjp and Bob806... Mocked for your prediction of a tie, you were able to stick up your proverbial middle finger at your naysayers and scream: "I fart in your general direction!" Sadly though, neither of you won this question. No one predicted a 7-8-1 season (go figure!), but I will award wins to jcam222, FlyinJ and Flugel for all being within a half win!

And the Big Dummy Award goes to...  An award I gladly and happily accept for grossly underestimating a Browns win total, thee big dummy is DutchOven!

• Upvote 1

2. Bengals record? 

Zombo: 6-10

jcam222: 7-9

Tour2ma: 6-10

Nero: 6-10

Coyote: 9-7

mjp: 4-12

Bob806: 9-6-1

FlyinJ: 7-9

Flugel: 7-9

gumby: 7-8-1

DutchOven: 6-10

JDailey: 7-9

Answer: The Bengals were not expected to do much by we brave guessers of Dutch's Questions, we few, we band of idiots. So, of course, they started the season 4-1. But like a fart in the wind, they disappeared, limping home the rest of the way to a 6-10 finish, costing longtime head coach Marvin Lewis his job. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner:  In a sea of predictions of mediocrity for the Browns hillbilly cousins to the southeast, four seamen Zombo, Tour2ma, Nero and DutchOven correctly predicted a 6-10 campaign for the Bengals.

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... Only one poster predicted a winning season for Cincinnati: Coyote.  

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

I seem to remember there being more than two questions... B)

Longest cliffhanger ever

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I think there were 18 questions.    I won this contest....by not participating.

How do you win with an incomplete or DNP grade?  :huh:

I reveal one question a day... That will lead right up to the Super Bowl, which is Question #14. Because I'm an idiot, I forgot that and did two yesterday. I will reveal Question #3 tomorrow.  

I keeps it suspenseful like... 😝

5 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I reveal one question a day... That will lead right up to the Super Bowl, which is Question #14. Because I'm an idiot, I forgot that and did two yesterday. I will reveal Question #3 tomorrow.  

I keeps it suspenseful like... 😝

Hey, man. 

It's January 23 in Europe

Give me my damn question.

3. Ravens record?

Zombo: 9-7

jcam222: 8-8

Tour2ma: 12-4

Nero: 10-6

Coyote: 8-8

mjp: 8-7-1

Bob806: 9-7

FlyinJ: 6-10

Flugel: 11-5

gumby: 8-7-1

DutchOven: 7-9

JDailey: 9-7

Answer: The Ravens rebounded from a so-so start of the season, and behind rookie QB Lamar Jackson and a great defense they won the AFC North with a 10-6 record. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: While I and many others have our doubts about Mr. Jackson's long term prospects, there was no doubt that he helped save the Ravens season (and John Harbaugh's job possibly) to surprisingly win the AFC North. I now see why Nero was so anxious for me to reveal this question's result, as the plucky Spaniard correctly predicted a 10-6 record. Not sure the Spaniards enjoy chicken dinners, so here's a taco and a Corona. 😝

And the Big Dummy Award goes to...  To be honest, I wasn't really expecting all that much from the Ravens, and was surprised that my prediction of 7-9 was on the low range of predictions. Luckily for me, FlyinJ thought even less of the bastards who unfortunately decided to use my high school alma mater's nickname. Such a pity. Never-fuckin'-more.  

Lol, I honestly didn't check the results, so I didn't know I had guessed this one! 

Btw, in Spain, the worldwide known Corona is named Coronita (-ito, -ita, is a diminutive sufix, so it would be Little Crown) because we had a Corona beer already. The bottle and everything is the same. 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

4. Steelers record?

Zombo: 8-8

jcam222: 10-6

Tour2ma: 5-11

Nero: 9-7

Coyote: 11-5

mjp: 7-9

Bob806: 10-6

FlyinJ: 10-6

Flugel: 11-5

gumby: 10-6

DutchOven: 12-4

JDailey: 10-6

Answer: The Steelers had a tumultuous season on and off the field, missing the playoffs and finishing (for them) a disappointing 9-6-1.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: After a mediocre start to the season, it looked like the Steelers were going to roll to another AFC North title as they seemed to catch fire heading into the second half of the season, but the S.S. Iron City Beer and Incest started taking on water. They dealt with the Leveon Bell situation for the first half of the season, then Antonio Bryant the second half. For a franchise that is as stable as any has been, cracks seem to be forming.  Despite the fact that Roethlisberger obviously traded his soul to the devil, he will be turning 37 soon. That's like 184 in rapist years. Oh yeah, jcam222, Nero, Bob806, FlyinJ, gumby, and JDailey all were within a half game, so all yinz get to share the tasty prize.

And the Big Dummy Award goes to.... I have to say, I liked Tour's optimism on this one, I believe his heart was definitely in the right place. But seriously, 5-11? Love the thought, but question the process.  

Man, I almost guessed all the AFC North! 

Ravens 10-6 (final 10-6)

Steelers 9-7 (9-6-1)

Browns 6-10 (7-8-1)

Bengals 6-10 (6-10)

Now, you can stop showing the rest of the results... Lol.

12 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

4. Steelers record?

And the Big Dummy Award goes to.... I have to say, I liked Tour's optimism on this one, I believe his heart was definitely in the right place. But seriously, 5-11? Love the thought, but question the process. 

Hey! I won something!

Simply did not see Connors coming... or going...

5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

Zombo: 366, 302

jcam222: 294, 180

Tour2ma: 400, 360

Nero: 320, 320

Coyote: 335, 358

mjp: 352, 320

Bob806: 327, 318

FlyinJ: 325, 315

Flugel: 416, 288

gumby: 344, 323

DutchOven: 275, 345

JDailey: 320, 410

Answer: The Browns scored 359 points (22.4/game) and allowed 392 points (24.5/game) in 2018.

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: In the whole scheme of things, no one is going to confuse the '18 Browns offense with the Kurt Warner Greatest Show On Turf Rams teams, but it can't be overstated how much the Browns improved. They scored an amazing 125 more points than the 0-16 season before, and the 359 points scored was the second most by the Browns since they came back in 1999. On the flip side, though, while the defense forced a decent amount of turnovers, it still gave up a ton of points. They barely shaved a point off a game from the season before. Overall, Coyote was the closest. 

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I have to believe that jcam222 might have confused the Gregg Williams-led defense with the '85 Chicago Bears, because WHOA NELLY, that's a helluva prediction buddy! 

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

6. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Tyrod Taylor pass for?

Zombo: 3410, 24, 8

jcam222: 3000, 20, 2

Tour2ma: 1020, 5, 2

Nero: 3200, 18, 5

Coyote: 3200, 18, 7

mjp: 1200, 6, 2

Bob806: 3126, 22, 13

FlyinJ: 2500, 11, 6

Flugel: 1400, 12, 4

gumby: 2212, 13, 6

DutchOven: 2050, 12, 7

JDailey: 2760, 20, 6

Answer: The Tyrod Taylor Era ended halfway through his third start, when he got knocked out of the primetime Thursday night game vs the Jets, thus beginning the Baker Mayfield Era. He would never see the field again for the Browns. In the two and a half games he did play, he threw for 473 yards with 2 touchdowns, 2 interceptions. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: I think most of us assumed Mayfield would take over sometime during the season, a kid taken #1 overall with 40+ college starts probably isn't going to sit all season, but its safe to say we didn't think it would come in September. The offense with Taylor was disjointed, it didn't appear that he and Haley were on the same page, or hell, even in the same book. I'm going to give this one to Tour.

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... With Taylor playing far less than anyone expected, obviously everyone's predictions were way over, but Zombo's  was the wayest overest. 

• Like 1

Tyrod 473, 2, 2    Tour2ma: 1020, 5, 2    mjp: 1200, 6, 2.......

......and the Baker career begins.

7. How many yards, touchdowns and interceptions does Baker Mayfield pass for?

Zombo: 640, 5, 1

jcam222: 800, 8, 1

Tour2ma: 2974, 28, 15

Nero: 600, 4, 1

Coyote: 850, 6, 2

mjp: 2750, 20, 7

Bob806: N/A

FlyinJ: 1100, 7, 5

Flugel: 2700, 25, 10

gumby: 1404, 14, 7

DutchOven: 1200, 8, 6

JDailey: 250, 1, 1

Answer: Rookie Baker Mayfield burst onto the NFL stage in the third game of the season, down 14-0 vs the Jets, and led the Browns to a come-from-behind victory. For the season he threw for 3725 yards, with 27 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Oh how the NFL's passing game has progressed. Mayfield's 93.7 QB rating is the highest - easily - by any full-time starting QB for the Browns since they've returned in 1999. In fact, only ONCE did Bernie Kosar have a higher QB rating (1987), and Mayfield easily bested Kosar's best outputs in passing TDs and yards for a season. Mayfield's QB rating even bested Brian Sipe's 1980 MVP season. With even a relatively healthy career, Mayfield is going to annihilate all the Browns passing records. Once again, Tour wins. 

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... As I said before, these questions are tricky because if a player plays way more or less than everyone expects, it throws off predictions. Bob806 didn't expect Mayfield to get any playing time. 

Could do a Browns' QB look...

TT: 473 yards with 2 touchdowns, 2 interceptions. 

BM: 3725 yards, with 27 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. 

Total: 4193 yd 29 TD 16 INT

Me: TT-  1020, 5, 2 + BM- 2974, 28, 15 = 3994, 33, 17 ...

I'd probably just win again, tho... ;)

On 1/25/2019 at 7:45 PM, Dutch Oven said:

5. How many points do the Browns score? How many do they allow?

DutchOven: 275, 345

Answer: The Browns scored 359 points (22.4/game) and allowed 392 points (24.5/game) in 2018.

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... I have to believe that jcam222 might have confused the Gregg Williams-led defense with the '85 Chicago Bears, because WHOA NELLY, that's a helluva prediction buddy! 

Don't sell yourself short... us only scoring 275 was pretty "dumb"...

10 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Could do a Browns' QB look...

TT: 473 yards with 2 touchdowns, 2 interceptions. 

BM: 3725 yards, with 27 touchdowns and 14 interceptions. 

Total: 4193 yd 29 TD 16 INT

Me: TT-  1020, 5, 2 + BM- 2974, 28, 15 = 3994, 33, 17 ...

I'd probably just win again, tho... ;)

Don't sell yourself short... us only scoring 275 was pretty "dumb"...

But 275 still would have been a decent jump over 2017... At least 2 points a game improvement! 

But yeah, I didn't see that type of jump coming. 

8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for?

Zombo: 1024, 8

jcam222: 1000, 8

Tour2ma: 1138, 12

Nero: 700, 7

Coyote: 1031, 11

mjp: 1200, 9

Bob806: 1165, 9

FlyinJ: 750, 6

Flugel: 900, 8

gumby: 874, 9

DutchOven: 750, 5

JDailey: 865, 8

Answer: Signed in the offseason to replace Isaiah Crowell - who departed in free agency - Hyde had a mediocre six games with the Browns before being traded to Jacksonville for a 5th round draft pick. He rushed for 382 yards (3.4 avg) and 5 touchdowns. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Tired of seeing Nick Chubbs waste away on the bench while Hyde plodded his way to one 3 yard carry after another, John Dorsey forced the offensive braintrust's hand by trading Hyde away. I'll admit, I didn't quite understand why so many on here were thrilled with his signing, when all indications were that Hyde was possibly even inferior to the back he was replacing. (It was a perfect storm of Hyde being an Ohio State guy and the hatred many on here had for Crowell, I suppose.) Really no one was close enough in yards to warrant a win... there was, though, one guy who nailed his touchdown total. No half-wins!

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A couple of guys were a bit optimistic with their Hyde predictions... mjp with his yardage guess, Tour with his touchdowns....  

4 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

8. How many yards and touchdowns does Carlos Hyde run for?

Zombo: 1024, 8

jcam222: 1000, 8

Tour2ma: 1138, 12

Nero: 700, 7

Coyote: 1031, 11

mjp: 1200, 9

Bob806: 1165, 9

FlyinJ: 750, 6

Flugel: 900, 8

gumby: 874, 9

DutchOven: 750, 5

JDailey: 865, 8

Answer: Signed in the offseason to replace Isaiah Crowell - who departed in free agency - Hyde had a mediocre six games with the Browns before being traded to Jacksonville for a 5th round draft pick. He rushed for 382 yards (3.4 avg) and 5 touchdowns. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Tired of seeing Nick Chubbs waste away on the bench while Hyde plodded his way to one 3 yard carry after another, John Dorsey forced the offensive braintrust's hand by trading Hyde away. I'll admit, I didn't quite understand why so many on here were thrilled with his signing, when all indications were that Hyde was possibly even inferior to the back he was replacing. (It was a perfect storm of Hyde being an Ohio State guy and the hatred many on here had for Crowell, I suppose.) Really no one was close enough in yards to warrant a win... there was, though, one guy who nailed his touchdown total. No half-wins!

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A couple of guys were a bit optimistic with their Hyde predictions... mjp with his yardage guess, Tour with his touchdowns....  

Stop the bullshit and give me this answer, I was the closest! :D

9. How many yards and touchdowns does Nick Chubb run for?

Zombo: 455, 3

jcam222: 1000, 6

Tour2ma: 515, 3

Nero: 600, 7

Coyote: 542, 5

mjp: 1440, 14

Bob806: 642, 6

FlyinJ: 307, 2

Flugel: 300, 4

gumby: 385, 3

DutchOven: 450, 3

JDailey:530, 5

Answer: Rookie Nick Chubb burst onto the scene by gaining 996 yards (5.2 yds/carry) with 8 touchdowns rushing, including the Browns longest run in history - a 92 yard touchdown vs Atlanta. 

Winner Winner Chicken Dinner: Most of us thought Chubb would play second fiddle to Hyde for the season, and if it was up to Todd Haley, he would have. John Dorsey had other plans, and when it became apparent that as long as Carlos Hyde was on the roster Chubb would be picking splinters out of his keyster, Dorsey traded Hyde. Enter the rookie, and he did not disappoint. jcam222 damn near nailed his rushing yardage, so he wins. Because Nero felt slighted on the last one, I'm going to write his name in bold here. There you go, buddy. 😊

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off. 

• Haha 2

If Chubb did NOT lose yardage on his last carry he would have had exactly 1,000 yards, jcam would have been right on the money.

On 1/28/2019 at 8:07 PM, Dutch Oven said:

Ah... but if we ratio up to a full 16 games we see:

• 1019 yards
  • 13 TDs

I accept your apology... 😎

• Haha 1

11 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

And the Big Dummy Award goes to... A lot of us weren't really close to Chubb's season totals, but Flugel was the farthest off. 

Seven fewer yards than Flying J, but double FJ's number of TDs... and Flugs gets the nod???

RECOUNT!!!!

• Haha 1