THE BROWNS BOARD

gurley did shit in the NFC champ game, but my goodness did he go legend on his twitter....

Clevfan4life

2 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I wouldn’t say it’s a dick move. It’s more like “having a sense of humor”

oh it's funny to "us"....but it's still a dick move lol. Have a tad bit of humility, you were "gifted" that game unlike anything I've ever seen. And to be clear I don't care for the Saints at all, but I do feel sorry for them now. If that happened to the Browns just during the regular season, i'd walk out of First Energy after seeing that replay on the screen. Nope. Not gonna stay unless the Browns are way up on the scoreboard. There would be fights at First Energy if that happened to us when the Steelers were in town. No question. 

2 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

oh it's funny to "us"....but it's still a dick move lol. Have a tad bit of humility, you were "gifted" that game unlike anything I've ever seen. And to be clear I don't care for the Saints at all, but I do feel sorry for them now. If that happened to the Browns just during the regular season, i'd walk out of First Energy after seeing that replay on the screen. Nope. Not gonna stay unless the Browns are way up on the scoreboard. There would be fights at First Energy if that happened to us when the Steelers were in town. No question. 

It was a bang bang play but it certainly should’ve been a PI call. I get it. And of course i’d be pissed. I was pissed with the Oakland game. That altered the whole season. The Hyde spot and reversal and the no fumble call. Again against the Ravens with the Peppers would be fumble for 6.

At the end of the day refs are always gonna fu%^ calls. Reality is, Saints still had a chance to win that game.

10 hours ago, Ibleedbrown said:

That is funny. Like trading jerseys with an opponent kinda thing. Did this really happen or was it a photoshop thing?

Just a photoshop. But pretty fun. 

I'm still pissed I wasted time watching that game with that no call at the end.  

Hope the NFL doesn't wonder why people call the games fixed.

1 hour ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

That's pretty funny. The refs weren't the reason the Saints lost. Saints had plenty of opportunities to win that game and blew everyone of them. I'll never understand why fans blame the refs for losing. 

While that may be true.....the call did kill the Saints opportunity to ice the game....so while that call was not the only factor in the Saints loss...it WAS a factor.  I don't know whether teams should blame the refs for losing any less than they blame others who totally fuck up a team's chance to win a game:

IF we can blame Sipe for not throwing the ball to the blonde in the third row in Red Right 88.....we can blame the refs for fucking up.

IF we can blame Ernest Byner for The Fumble.....we can blame the refs for fucking up.

IF we can blame Dennis Northcutt for The Drop.....we can blame the refs for fucking up.

If the Seahawk fans can blame Pete Carroll for calling that pass instead of having Marshawn Lynch run the ball in from the 2 yard line.....we can blame the refs for fucking up.

Any kind of mistake or bad performance that leads to a loss by a team can certainly be pointed out by fans....and proper assessment of blame for that AS A FACTOR....can be attributed. 

So...when a game is lost, there may be a number of factors involved in why....and often those factors are foulups....by coaches, players, refs. And human nature is going to point out those factors and is going to belabor those factors.

That is life Sonny Jim.   Get used to it.

10 minutes ago, Baking up Turnovers said:

Oh it definitely was a factor. I'm just saying it's ridiculous for people to blame the Saints losing solely on that missed call. 

Well....who says that they are solely blaming that factor?  That is THE one factor that can be attributed to incompetency....so it gets highlighted.

I mean, the INT Brees threw was a factor....but his arm was hit by a good pass rush.  Maybe the OL not properly blocking was a factor....but at least that OL had an opponent who was doing his job as well. You don't often assign harsh blame to someone who has just been outplayed by the opposition...but that factor may not have been the result of incompetency.

Are you arguing, as seems apparent....that the ref who made that agregious bad call should be exonerated...just because perhaps other events may have also occurred that prevented the Saints from winning? 

The refs have screwed us blatantly so many times, I'm numb to it anymore. Sucks, to go out like that but I watched Joe Haden mug Josh Gordon opening week for a TD costing us a win, the division and the playoffs, so... fuck em.

Funny. But is anyone surprised that they turned there head.  LA in building a 5 billion dollar stadium and they have to sell suits, also they had the wild fires a disaster of that size means you get a championship.  Rams are the winners called it when the fires happened also why the chargers got away with so much shit this year. New Orleans after Katrina Huston after Harvy I mean raiders browns game. Really not surprised rams will win would not be surprised if it goes to overtime milking it for all its worth. 

Archived