THE BROWNS BOARD

Baker is simply legendary...

GuNNerGatSKi

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

So...you can't ruffle a rich man's feathers, eh?

The point is....Grossi was right.

Right or not, it's unprofessional, and he was canned as a result. Thus, he has no sources within the browns, which makes his BS opinion.

1 hour ago, choco said:

Right or not, it's unprofessional, and he was canned as a result. Thus, he has no sources within the browns, which makes his BS opinion.

Does the truth ruffle your feathers as well?   Literally no one associated with the Browns back then is with the organization any more.  Not the owner/coaches/front office/players etc.

Maybe the janitor still works there.

I have NO problem with how he covers the Browns.  If you do....then that is your problem....not his or mine or anyone else's.

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Does the truth ruffle your feathers as well?  

Stopped here gip. Rest doesn't matter. Not worth a back and forth, cause I was just stating fact. I live in Pittsburgh, don't have to consume groosi if I don't want to, cause he's not on my local radar. I'm laughing at the trainwreck is all ... No feathers to even be ruffled on my end.

Browns have been irrelevant so long, ESPN can pay 'intentionally vague' to cover a team no one cared about, but that'll change if baker continues to flourish. And in the midst, groosi so savy that he drew the ire of his teams FQB....same as he did the then DC 3G....

"Are you Tony?"

Sorry he's you're go-to guy, but he's a legacy of print media, and needs to hang it up....cause frankly, browns fans deserve better than that asshat writing shit for public consumption thats as credible as samuel rowbotham.

So I'll continue to point out his incompetence...he sucks, and at this new juncture of the browns excitement, I'd rather read people that don't suck. Mary Kay is just as bad, but for a different reason.

1 hour ago, choco said:

Stopped here gip. Rest doesn't matter. Not worth a back and forth, cause I was just stating fact. I live in Pittsburgh, don't have to consume groosi if I don't want to, cause he's not on my local radar. I'm laughing at the trainwreck is all ... No feathers to even be ruffled on my end.

Browns have been irrelevant so long, ESPN can pay 'intentionally vague' to cover a team no one cared about, but that'll change if baker continues to flourish. And in the midst, groosi so savy that he drew the ire of his teams FQB....same as he did the then DC 3G....

"Are you Tony?"

Sorry he's you're go-to guy, but he's a legacy of print media, and needs to hang it up....cause frankly, browns fans deserve better than that asshat writing shit for public consumption thats as credible as samuel rowbotham.

So I'll continue to point out his incompetence...he sucks, and at this new juncture of the browns excitement, I'd rather read people that don't suck. Mary Kay is just as bad, but for a different reason.

He’s not my go to guy. Just one guy I hear on the radio. but it just seems that you have some personal vendetta against him that borders on the obsessive. This rant is evidence of that. I mean did he screw your wife or something. 

4 hours ago, choco said:

"Are you Tony?"

Gipper, Tony gets to sit in on Red Zone- that I get down here as my "premium" $15 buck a month Sports programming package.  Along with Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken. Doug has forgotten more about football than Tony ever knew in his life. Grossi talks a good game without saying much, and he's wrong a lot on personal opinions and predictions. Scheffter probably has better Browns contacts than Tony.  

I agree about May Kay Rabbit.  It's all anyone on the Browns can do to stop themselves from laughing at her when she starts asking questions. There's a few quality guys left- but the days of Hal Lebovitz are long over at the PD.

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Gipper, Tony gets to sit in on Red Zone- that I get down here as my "premium" $15 buck a month Sports programming package.  Along with Jim Donovan and Doug Dieken. Doug has forgotten more about football than Tony ever knew in his life. Grossi talks a good game without saying much, and he's wrong a lot on personal opinions and predictions. Scheffter probably has better Browns contacts than Tony.  

I agree about May Kay Rabbit.  It's all anyone on the Browns can do to stop themselves from laughing at her when she starts asking questions. There's a few quality guys left- but the days of Hal Lebovitz are long over at the PD.

And at least they actually talk to the players. But Grossi said he’d retire and his buddy said he’d eat poop if the Browns draft Mayfield. Both are liars. The national guys don’t even talk to the locker room. They just make it up as they go along. Hence you get a coward reporting

0CC37436-8520-46FA-976C-E69D7046F894.jpeg

This is probably unpopular here, but I've always kind of liked Grossi. He has always asked tough questions without sugar coating anything, when it come to sensitive subjects. That's waht I want in a media person. He's fairly intelligent, and is also a fan, but gives his opinion when asked. He's the reason Modell is not in the Hall of Fame. He may not be as knowledgeable as some of the local media people....but I can't really think of any more knowledgeable at the moment. Except those who actually played professionally. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion. I find Grossi well informed and entertaining...but that's just me.

9 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Opinionated,  yes.  

I don't believe there is much evidence to call Grossi well informed or intelligent. 

I don't need evidence to voice an opinion.....as I stated.

8 hours ago, hoorta said:

I always thought Hal Lebovitz was a major asshat.

1 hour ago, tiamat63 said:

It was my nice rebuttal of saying your opinion blows.    I guess I'm not good at being subtle?  

Good day,  sir. 

That's very stupid of you to say....you have your opinion, as dumb as it may be, and I have mine. I'll leave it at that.

2 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

Opinionated,  yes.  

I don't believe there is much evidence to call Grossi well informed or intelligent. 

There is plenty of evidence....when I hear him talk on the radio all the time. 

Also note:  Grossi is NOT a Browns "beat reporter"....though he probably does report some stuff.   He is a Browns "commentator"...He is a web columnist (I believe for ESPN.com) and a radio commentator. 

2 hours ago, lodilobo said:

I don't need evidence to voice an opinion.....as I stated.

Uh...opinions SHOULD be based in facts and evidence....otherwise, it's just misinformed and lazy, like groosi. It's presenting what you want or prefer as an opinion. 

For instance, the lunatic that thinks baker sux. He's entitled to that opinion, but it's not based on anything other than hatred, and is summarily dismissed by the few of us can posses critical thinking skills.

23 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

There is plenty of evidence....when I hear him talk on the radio all the time. 

Also note:  Grossi is NOT a Browns "beat reporter"....though he probably does report some stuff.   He is a Browns "commentator"...He is a web columnist (I believe for ESPN.com) and a radio commentator. 

LOL, that's what commentators do, they commentate. :) I don't doubt the guys who have "premium" content behind the paywall at 247 Sports have better inside info than what Grossi does. Har, he may even have a subscription, and uses their sources second hand. 

2 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, that's what commentators do, they commentate. :) I don't doubt the guys who have "premium" content behind the paywall at 247 Sports have better inside info than what Grossi does. Har, he may even have a subscription, and uses their sources second hand. 

Does it matter?   Its what we all do here....commentate (is that even a word?).    At least Grossi gets paid to do so. 

They actually replayed what Grossi said that Baker replied to etc on WKNR and Grossi actually never compared Baker to Murray so Baker got it wrong on this one, which also was last week so Baker actually went out of his way to take a shot 

all Grossi said was Murray was more like Johnny in terms of size and build and he actually went on to admit he got it wrong on Baker and this was last week 

4 hours ago, choco said:

Uh...opinions SHOULD be based in facts and evidence....otherwise, it's just misinformed and lazy, like groosi. It's presenting what you want or prefer as an opinion. 

For instance, the lunatic that thinks baker sux. He's entitled to that opinion, but it's not based on anything other than hatred, and is summarily dismissed by the few of us can posses critical thinking skills.

No....opinions are just that. EXAMPLE: Chocolate ice cream tastes like crap. There is no fact to base that on. EXAMPLE: Vanilla ice cream is the best. No fact.....just opinion. Get it?

toni grossi - talks out of his rear all too often. and his over the edge negative questions make Mary Kay's dumb questions

seem nice.

grossi reminds me of another sports reporter so negative he was removed from covering the Browns - Akron smartass

Tom Melody - many years ago. though grossi is still #2 annoying ever. I listen to Jim Donovan on that show, I always MUTE grossi, and I turn the volume up a notch when Dieken starts talking.

Archived