THE BROWNS BOARD

Black sissy "coach" angry over "racist" Keep America Great 2020 banner held by students from another school

calfoxwc

it just gets more and more obvious. "they" won't let you be conservative, express your views, they want to take your guns, infiltrate your communites with illegals/gangs/rapists/murderers/torturers....

and you aren't allowed to express your PRO-AMERICA, PRO-PRESIDENT opinion of our PRESIDENT or they will beeatch.

let it be negative towards Pres Trump, and the same black "coach" would support it as protected by the First Amendment.

that's how all liberals roll. Emotional knee jerkie and hypocritical. "destructively opportunist flip-floppie feigned victimhood" comes to mind, too.

https://www.theblaze.com/news/trump-banner-investigated

except that was the theme - Celebrating America.

and this black coach stayed in the lockerroom during the playing of our National Anthem.

he played his dirty negative politics, they played theirs.

That is the PROBLEM.

the Pres Trump/America haters have free speech - but on the flip side - it's "wrong" ?

No freedom of speech for the pro-American side.

got it.

from the OP:

"Bridget Kahn commented that the banner is hers and that her son appears in the photo — and she blasted racism accusations, saying Jordan is "absolutely not a racist community" and that the photo was taken on a planned "U.S.A.-out theme night."

"And I'm sorry is there something wrong with honoring your country??? Or is it that you just don't like President Trump???" Kahn added. " I'm sorry but I'm teaching my children to love their country and honor their president!!! This has nothing to do with anything else!! Your team chose to stand in the locker rooms during the singing of our National Anthem, that's your choice!! We don't agree, but that was YOUR choice!! So to honor our country and our president is our freedom right??? That's my Trump flag that are holding! And the red white and blue sweatpants my son is wearing!! And the Red White and blue socks!! And I'm absolutely NOT racist!!! What about all the black people that also support our president??? If they were holding the flag would it be OK then?? You had a great team! They had a great game! Why turn it into something so full of hate. Absolutely ridiculous!"

Kahn told the Star Tribune her son and others took two banners with them to the game and "left with them wrapped around them like capes. I didn't see anything wrong with that" and it was just kids wearing "a bunch of red, white and blue, supporting their president. They don't have a racist bone in their body."

Another commenter noted that a black male appears in the photo seated quite close to the attendees holding the Trump banner.

Helgerson told the paper he arrived to the gym in the second half and saw the spectators in U.S. flag-inspired garb for what he said was not a school-sponsored theme night, adding that he didn't see the Trump banner.

Others have their say

Another mother, Jeanna Orris, told the Star Tribune she was at the Roosevelt-Jordan contest and said, "I have no issues with a Trump flag at our game last night. ... It's actually pretty cool [young people] are paying attention to things going on in our country."

But Crystal Flint, who coached the Minneapolis North girls team from 2005 until early 2018, told the paper she doesn't believe the banner's presence was a good idea.

"You got freedom of speech, but would that remotely be appropriate?" Flint, who now coaches the girls team at Cretin-Derham Hall in St. Paul, added to the Star Tribune. "No, it would not."

Flint also told the paper she wants to know if the banner was at the game because Roosevelt's team is mostly black or has the banner shown up at previous Jordan home games.

"Why is politics being represented at sports? Is there an intimidation factor?" she asked the Star Tribune, noting she believes "it's divisive in this racial climate that we have."

But Orris defended those who brought the banner to the gym, telling the paper the action was part of a series of theme nights at Jordan athletic events.

"They were not trying to be offensive," she added to the Star Tribune. "Our little town is the least racist ... I just don't understand how this got turned into a race thing.""

so, again - how does it work, for an all black team with an all black coach, they show their negative politics

by hiding in the locker room, offending a LOT of people?

but a simple pro-PRes Trump/America banner ...there is no place for that?

to the black coach - STFU unless you want to SHOW UP for our AMERICAN NATIONAL ANTHEM.

what a punk move by the coach. that's what I think.

the belligerent whining left wants it both ways.

1 hour ago, calfoxwc said:

so, you can't muster one relevant perspective on the op?

I don’t think politics and high school sports don’t mix. 

If the guy wants to protest. Go ahead. Just don’t use your platform as a football coach to do it

Well, it WAS Celebrate America day. Pres Trump IS OUR PRESIDENT.

So, knowing it's Celebrate America day  fine  do not go to the tournament if you want to protest.

but to go to the tournament, then hide in the locker room during the National Anthem, which offended a lot

of folks, THEN you whine that other's free speech was "offending" you?

that's my point. If you ban politics, ban them from politically protesting. Plain and simple.

It's a free country. Allowing black protests but disallowing a simple proAmerican pro Trump banner?

nope. Ban ALL politics or none. NOT  the black haters are the only ones to be "justified" in protesting politically.

the point is, the hypocrisy of the left.

THEY demand free speech, while being "offended" that the right has free speech.

the left demands only THEY are entitled.

LIke, the dems LOVE the supreme court, unless it doesn't do what they want. THEN they want to abolish it.

etc etc etc.

The subject is hypocrisy.

Meanwhile:

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/five-institutions-democrats-want-abolished/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=mixi&utm_campaign=thepoliticalinsider

18 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

the point is, the hypocrisy of the left.

THEY demand free speech, while being "offended" that the right has free speech.

the left demands only THEY are entitled.

LIke, the dems LOVE the supreme court, unless it doesn't do what they want. THEN they want to abolish it.

etc etc etc.

The subject is hypocrisy.

Meanwhile:

https://thepoliticalinsider.com/five-institutions-democrats-want-abolished/?utm_medium=referral&utm_source=mixi&utm_campaign=thepoliticalinsider

I see the same hypocrisy from the left with the ACLU who formerly almost always opposed censorship and banning of offensive speech but now in the age of Trump they are abandoning some of the core principles:

Alan Dershowitz: ACLU's opposition to Brett Kavanaugh sounds its death knell

"So why did the ACLU oppose a Republican nominee to the Supreme Court and argue for a presumption of guilt regarding sexual allegations directed against that judicial nominee?

The answer is as clear as it is simple. It is all about pleasing the donors. The ACLU used to be cash poor but principle-rich. Now, ironically, after Trump taking office, the ACLU has never become so cash-rich, yet principle-poor. "

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/opinion/alan-dershowitz-aclus-opposition-to-brett-kavanaugh-sounds-its-death-knell

The ACLU Abandons Its Free-Speech Absolutism

https://www.nationalreview.com/2018/06/aclu-abandons-free-speech-embraces-progressive-advocacy/

Leaked Internal Memo Reveals the ACLU Is Wavering on Free Speech

https://reason.com/blog/2018/06/21/aclu-leaked-memo-free-speech

2 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

So you think the Trump banner should be allowed at a game or not?

do you think the BLACK COACH whose team hid in the lockeroom and then bitched about the opposing politics free speech

is a freaking hypocrite or NOT ?

THAT IS THE QUESTION. THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD.

1 minute ago, tiamat63 said:

I don't think you grasp what 'free speech' is.   There is what the school (should) allow(s) and everything else.  

which means what? The school should allow the free speech by the black team but not the kids with the banner, even though it was a celebrate America day?

Both sides get free speech, not just the side that bitches the most about the other side.

If the school is going to allow a political YAY for America, then you allow the banner,

and the black not respectful staying in the lockerroom to diss our National Anthem.

But the FREAKIN POINT IS  the black hatemongering "coach" wants to have it both ways.

I don't think you get the point of the op.

1 hour ago, Clevfan4life said:

Love how politics is ok i  sports as long as its ur politics. And cal has the utter miopic audacity to use the word hypocrite when talking of other people. 

They probably should have taken a knee or flip the American flag the bird and told everybody that was in protest inner city gang violence. Then would you have their back?

WSS

29 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

do you think the BLACK COACH whose team hid in the lockeroom and then bitched about the opposing politics free speech

is a freaking hypocrite or NOT ?

THAT IS THE QUESTION. THAT IS THE SUBJECT OF THE THREAD.

you posted this thread Cal, I'm asking you. Should the Trump banner be allowed at the game or not?

27 minutes ago, calfoxwc said:

which means what? The school should allow the free speech by the black team but not the kids with the banner, even though it was a celebrate America day?

Both sides get free speech, not just the side that bitches the most about the other side.

If the school is going to allow a political YAY for America, then you allow the banner,

and the black not respectful staying in the lockerroom to diss our National Anthem.

But the FREAKIN POINT IS  the black hatemongering "coach" wants to have it both ways.

I don't think you get the point of the op.

If the school allows teams to stay in the locker for the anthem but doesn't allow political signs, opting in favor of things like flags, "patriotic clothing" and what have you... then so be it.  Not my school, not my rules.    Usually decor and signage is a pretty limited deal for most high schools bubs.       

P.S.  "The black"....    not a good look, guy.

1 minute ago, Westside Steve said:

Huh? Who else was disrespecting the flag? The Croatian players? The Latvians?

WSS

Hitch your wagon to this one if you want Steve. I know you'll defend Cal on whatever, but this one is a bad look. And a look from him we've seen before.

3 hours ago, tiamat63 said:

P.S.  "The black"....    not a good look, guy.

oh, gee, I'm "sorry" - I am just going by the FACTS IN THE ARTICLE:

They SAID THAT COACH WAS BLACK. THE BLACK COACH SAID HIS TEAM WAS PREDOMINATELY BLACK.

"I coach a predominantly black inner city high school team," Walker wrote in his post. "We go out to a rural area in Jordan, MN, and this is there. Please explain how and why this is appropriate at a high school basketball game?"

Walker, who is black, also is director of his district's Office of Black Male Student Achievement, the paper said."

If I'm at a coffee shop in line with someone else when they make their order and the waitress says 'who ordered the large coffee' - and I point at the guy and say "the black did"....   

How does that come across to you?   Unless you really are trying to be that obtuse? 

14 hours ago, MLD Woody said:

Hitch your wagon to this one if you want Steve. I know you'll defend Cal on whatever, but this one is a bad look. And a look from him we've seen before.

I'm really not sure what kind of somatic angle you guys are outraged by. No kidding. Something about slavery or the kneeling protest or what? Or you just mad on GP?

The flag or the anthem protests are specifically a black thing are they not? I wouldn't consider a trump sign a protest but it is a political statement.

Tia, help me out here.

WSS

Archived