THE BROWNS BOARD

Conference Finals live Chat room

gumby73

6 minutes ago, Nero said:

I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all. 

I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.

If I'm lucky enough to still be walking this planet when the Browns finally make it to a Super Bowl, I won't give a single millimeter of a rat's ass as to how they got there...... I'll let the fans of the team we beat cry and eat their sour grapes, while I party like a rock star long into Monday morning! 

Here's to hoping that I someday I get to do that. 

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, beare said:

Id never want my team to make it on a BS call EARN IT!!!!!!

The fumble & the drive left some marks long ago..but this would be damn near crazy in Cleveland.. 

Just now, stillmotion said:

If this happen to the Browns, there would be riots, gumby.

....... what if it happened FOR the Browns? 

as said already, THAT failure to call was such a disgrace I can't imagine the NFL not finally getting some serious heat for it.

Do they care?

Don't bet on it. There were TWO no calls on obvious pass interference on the rams secondary  the first one, the defender was laughing that he got away with it apparently, but that last fiasco - just a disgrace.

Just now, D Bone said:

I wouldn't feel like we won legit. I'd feel like anytime we say we beat the team (lets say it was the steelers) they'd use the excuse because it was because of the refs no-calling it and giving the game away. I'd be ashamed at the league like I am now. It's not right for any team to get screwed by the refs in this way.

But how can people not say the league wanted the Rams to be in the superbowl after this? The ref this happened in front of should be fined and fired.

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

If I'm lucky enough to still be walking this planet when the Browns finally make it to a Super Bowl, I won't give a single millimeter of a rats ass as to how they got there...... I'll let the fans of the team we beat cry and eat their sour grapes, while I party like a rock star long into Monday morning! 

Here's to hoping that I someday I get to do that. 

I like your hypothesis, but I'd say that I don't mind calls going our way in regular season (16 games, calls go your way and others don't). But in the deciding moments of a playoff game in the 4th quarter? 

It sucks to win that way. 

Keeping with the hypothesis, though, as a Rams fan I wouldn't mind winning the Patriots if they somehow get in the SB due to some refball too.

13 minutes ago, D Bone said:

when we wish beyond the stars..this is why Cleveland has lots of bars.. 🎶..let me be living when it happens :D

No doubt that Payton erred strategically, but that no call by the refs is inexcusable. Inept or paid off? I see no other answer & the NFL damn well better address this.

Mike

20 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Would it be the same if it were your Browns? Just wondering is all........... 

I'm guessing no. 

Were not talking about the Browns, Chumbly...

6 minutes ago, nickers said:

Were not talking about the Browns, Chumbly...

Got it... at least you're honest. (I wouldn't care either) 

I don't know what I would do if a Browns receiver got rocked like that by a DB who's head made "zero" attempt to look back at the ball. And the DB didn't try to even make a play on the ball by throwing his hands up, it was a blatant tackle. Look I wanted the Rams to win but good god wtf was that? If the Browns are ever denied a playoff win or god forbid a trip to the SB by a call like that im done with the NFL....."period". Done. How on earth does that go uncalled? "Blatant" doesn't do justice to that no call....you didn't even need replay. WR goes up for a perfectly catchable ball and gets "rocked" before the ball get there. Im not even sure if that DB wouldn't get called for defenseless receiver hit had he delivered that shot "after" the WR had made the catch. It's baffling on all levels you look at it. I dislike the Saints but geeezzz, gotta put the dislike away and say c'mon man...every single one of those refs on that side of the field should be jobless tomorrow. I don't even want to see a div 3 HS game with those refs on it. 

34 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

If the Browns played the Steelers and we hit them like that and there was a no call, i'd be upset. I wouldn't of felt like we beat them straight up, and would of felt it was unfair.

ok ok ok, if that happened on our behalf vs the Steelers......weellllll………….but ONLY against the Steelers cause we've had crap like that from them get no called. Only shittspuke. There, my integrity/principle is still 75% intact.          😁

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

What does Pete Carroll and Sean Payton have in common?

....... next time they'll both run the damn football. 

True enough, but that DOESN'T excuse that "no call". That was truly disgusting.

Mike

2 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

ok ok ok, if that happened on our behalf vs the Steelers......weellllll………….but ONLY against the Steelers cause we've had crap like that from them get no called. Only shittspuke. There, my integrity/principle is still 75% intact.          😁

I hate the Steelers, but bro, would you REALLY want Steelers fans having that excuse against us everytime we slam them for beating them and going to the superbowl. I for one wouldn't, and I don't think Baker would either. He'd believe he could beat them straight up and would want to beat them straight up. Would we as fans take the no call? Yes Absolutely! Would I feel bad about it? Yes Absolutely! Would I think those refs, especially the one with the play in front of him should be fired? Yes, Absolutely.

First refball, then the Pats going 14-0... 

Damn it. Can't have it this weekend!

3 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Pats td 1st drive & right before half..Pats 14-0....Baker would say "Quit holding the ball Mahomie"

I'm hoping NE loses by one or two points......GO KC, I  guess.  

Patriots running all over that D. That's how you coral a Mahommes type talent. I really hope KC addresses that in the offseason so they don't waste a brilliant talent like Mahommes like the Colts did when they cost Manning multiple championships....not that Mannings career was a waste...but he should have won "at least" 2 SB's with Indy, if not more. Had the Colts stopped the run, Manning would be the GOAT. 

1 hour ago, D Bone said:

What about the 1st down throw??? That was the play I referenced all along...... That play called by Sean lead to his loss.

The Rams only had 2TOs left and the 2min warning had already been called.....If good old Seanie boy runs the football 3 times in a row, he forces the Rams to take their final 2 TOs, and runs the clock down to 45ish seconds before kicking the go ahead.... and probably game winning FG.... and again, YES, THE MISSED DPI WAS A TERRIBLE NON CALL.

^ ...... with that being said and on a side note, I wonder if the Browns would've been on that field instead of the Rams, under the exact same circumstances....... I wonder how many of us would be crying about the refs right now?? lol 

First, sorry for jumping all over you D!  You normally get me laughing with well timed sense of humor. FWIW, I don't think Payton called his best game but I still feel if the refs did the job they were well paid to do - the Saints have 4 seconds on the clock with a chip shot game winning FG.

And you're last comment, here's the thing - how many times opponents that have played the Browns have ever had any reason to feel like they got screwed against Cleveland in 2018, 2017, 2016, 2015, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009, 2008, 2007, 2006, 2005, 2004, 2003, 2002, 2001, 2000, and 1999?   If that was Cleveland playing the Saints - the Refs wouldn't have hesitated to throw that flag.  That said, Roger Goodell wanted 2 NFL teams in LA and apparently 1 in the SB (as someone else said in this thread) so the Saints got boned up the asss without the vaseline...  You know that as much as everyone on the planet knows it....

42 minutes ago, stillmotion said:

I hate the Steelers, but bro, would you REALLY want Steelers fans having that excuse against us everytime we slam them for beating them and going to the superbowl. I for one wouldn't, and I don't think Baker would either. He'd believe he could beat them straight up and would want to beat them straight up. Would we as fans take the no call? Yes Absolutely! Would I feel bad about it? Yes Absolutely! Would I think those refs, especially the one with the play in front of him should be fired? Yes, Absolutely.

no I hear what you're saying...….and putting myself in that position listening to a Steeler fag saying that to me...well, I be like...

Cool+Story+Bro+7.jpg

8e2269970c5edef0fe576b98a7be1ed2bf81e3a4

35 minutes ago, flyingfooldoug said:

Who cares about blown calls anyway? I mean Jerry got his billion dollar boat and didn’t spend shit on refs... lol

Actually NFL referees make pretty good money for a seasonal part time job, they must have other employment.

Should they go to full time professionals? The NFL salary caps are unreal.

Archived