THE BROWNS BOARD

Conference Finals live Chat room

gumby73

• Replies 307
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Watch the replay despite how much you want the Rams

I like the Rams, and I live in LA, but my god man, I feel uneasy about this. New Orleans had that penalty, they win the game......

LA kept getting more and more chances by the refs to make things closer. The key problem with that easy penalty was that it decided the game.

Closer games = better games, and comeback story = better headlines, but this is bullshit.

The Saints got Brown'd hardcore.

4 minutes ago, D Bone said:

It was a bad call...... what more can I say... I'm not blind..... 

If you think that Sean called a good series after the 2min warning, then I don't know what more to say..... other than I'm really glad your not in charge of the Browns' game day strategy! ;) 

I think Sean Payton called a play where his WR beat the DB so badly that the DB interfered with the WR (and never saw the ball he had his back to).

2 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

Hate to say it but the NFL is looking more WWF everyday and this is directly due to the officiating.

As pulled from reddit

1. Robey-Coleman does not play the ball

2. He utterly removes Lewis' ability to catch the ball

3. Helmet to helmet hit

4. Defenseless receiver

5. Clear line of sight to the play

3 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Terrible no call. Welcome to the NFL.  Saints shouldn’t have put themselves in a 3rd and 10 situation, in the red zone.

By that logic then no team should ever be given a call for anything from their previous slip up.

It was a great call.  A call that beat the coverage and would have resulted in a 1st down, extending the drive and more than likely putting away the game.   The DB committed TEXTBOOK interference and it wasn't flagged.

Fucked what happened before.  Fuck what happened after.  In that moment, a coach dials up something that works and questionable officiating crew decided to eat the whistle on a blatant penalty that would have almost assured the Saints a win.

IF this was the Browns being screwed, none of you fuckers apologzing for the Rams or saying "well...Sean Payton this and that" would be carrying the same tune.

Consistency ladies.  Practice that shit. 

It's become clear The LA Rams are the NFL's love child.. They basically brought football back to LA.. Think of the Rams as the NFL's personal franchise

19 minutes ago, Flugel said:

I think Sean Payton called a play where his WR beat the DB so badly that the DB interfered with the WR (and never saw the ball he had his back to).

What about the 1st down throw??? That was the play I referenced all along...... That play called by Sean lead to his loss.

The Rams only had 2TOs left and the 2min warning had already been called.....If good old Seanie boy runs the football 3 times in a row, he forces the Rams to take their final 2 TOs, and runs the clock down to 45ish seconds before kicking the go ahead.... and probably game winning FG.... and again, YES, THE MISSED DPI WAS A TERRIBLE NON CALL.

^ ...... with that being said and on a side note, I wonder if the Browns would've been on that field instead of the Rams, under the exact same circumstances....... I wonder how many of us would be crying about the refs right now?? lol 

6 minutes ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Terrible no call. Welcome to the NFL.  Saints shouldn’t have put themselves in a 3rd and 10 situation, in the red zone.

We have a student of the game here after all! :) 

I don't understand:

1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?

2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.

3. The missed call. It's in the face of the ref. How can you miss that? 

Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.

I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I don't understand:

1. Rams not going for the TD in the 1 yard line. Seriously? 5 mins for Brees and company?

2. Pass play after 2 minute warning. You have to make the Rams use their TOs, no matter if you lose some yards (Lutz is a great kicker) or don't make the game winning first down... That TO was used in the game tying drive.

Anyway, among all these things that make me wonder if I really have learnt anything about this game, the one that makes me mad is the missed call, because it has a complete game changer and it's obvious.

I wanted the Saints to win, but also wanted a hard fought game and didn't mind if the Rams won, but that call is made as it should have been and game is over.

It puts an Asterisk on anything the Rams do , going forward...

16 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

By that logic then no team should ever be given a call for anything from their previous slip up.

It was a great call.  A call that beat the coverage and would have resulted in a 1st down, extending the drive and more than likely putting away the game.   The DB committed TEXTBOOK interference and it wasn't flagged.

Fucked what happened before.  Fuck what happened after.  In that moment, a coach dials up something that works and questionable officiating crew decided to eat the whistle on a blatant penalty that would have almost assured the Saints a win.

IF this was the Browns being screwed, none of you fuckers apologzing for the Rams or saying "well...Sean Payton this and that" would be carrying the same tune.

Yep.

Browns were leading the Saints 12-3 earlier this season, when on a 4th and 5, Brees threw incomplete....but wait, here comes the phantom "defensive holding flag," and bingo, the Saints score the very next play.

Bad calls are a direct result of instant replay. I think officiating has gotten progressively worse since the NFL decided to use it. 

1 minute ago, Nero said:

I don't understand:

1) Agree.... I thought the Boy Wonder blew it by not going for it.

2) Yep... can't add much more myself

3) Bad calls are now, and always will be a part of the game.... but this one will live in infamy.

4) "but that call is made as it should have been and game is over."...... ASSuming the kick was made, and not blocked and returned 91yds for the game winning TD ;) 

2 minutes ago, nickers said:

It puts an Asterisk on anything the Rams do , going forward...

Would it be the same if it were your Browns? Just wondering is all........... 

I'm guessing no. 

2 minutes ago, Nero said:

I don't understand:

I have great respect for Brees. I was gunning for the Rams to win, but that penalty made the win sketchy. It's not a legitimate win at all.

If the Browns played the Steelers and we hit them like that and there was a no call, i'd be upset. I wouldn't of felt like we beat them straight up, and would of felt it was unfair.

In a fair called game, the Saints win. There is no integrity in the NFL anymore. 

21 minutes ago, tiamat63 said:

I’m not sure if your tone is directed towards me, but I said “terrible no call” and I didn’t say anything about the actual playcall. 

I said “Welcome to the NFL” because us, as Browns fans, were screwed on multiple occasions this year. I saw the Seahawks get screwed against the Chargers on an out of bounds call that altered the game.

I never said the Saints didn’t get screwed, but I’m not mad because they did get screwed on one call.

We were screwed, too, everyone gets screwed with these subpar refs. 

3 minutes ago, D Bone said:

Would it be the same if it were your Browns? Just wondering is all........... 

I'm guessing no. 

I'm telling you. I want the refs not having any influence in the game at all. The best refereeing is the one you don't notice at all. 

I don't enjoy winning with such obvious misses by the refs. I'm not talking conspiracy theories. I'm talking pure simple refereeing.

Archived