THE BROWNS BOARD

Gerald McCoy

LondonBrown

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 hours ago, LondonBrown said:

They’re open to trading him according to all rumours. A 4th has been mooted. 

Maybe interested... He is 30, and a high mileage sort of guy... Is it time to start adding veterans like him, or is it a year too soon?  The we're one player away?     

5 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Offer a 5 and 7 for him.

LOL, offer the 5th we got from the Patriots.. :)   

3 hours ago, Clevfan4life said:

If they're gonna release him, why would we give them anything? Is it his contract that they dont want? I mean isn't he the best DT in football not named aaron donald?

Quick perusal of Spotrac says...  the Bucs have around $9 million in cap room this year. McCoy has three years left on his deal... 2019 salary is $13 million. They move him, that would add that amount to their cap room....  

don't buy on the back end of the career... he WAS good but now not so much.  This is his 9th season of professional football, there's mileage on them there tires.

This is the same as questioning why to get a pick for Shelton but darn close productivity came from Meder.

McCoy is not distinguishable in 2019 from a motivated athletic UDFA fresh out of college.. I could be wrong but I don't think he's worth the "big FA" contract he wants.

Jarrett would be my only choice..remember Dorsey had no 1st round pick in KC when he made his 2nd round pick really count by adding Chris Jones (2.37) who should be in Brady's head all sunday afternoon..Another season,Dorsey also had a 23rd overall grabbing Dee Ford..FA's become real in mid March, remaining roster draft targets a month later late april..in JD we trust(jack daniels too)

14 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Jarrett would be my only choice..remember Dorsey had no 1st round pick in KC when he made his 2nd round pick really count by adding Chris Jones (2.37) who should be in Brady's head all sunday afternoon..Another season,Dorsey also had a 23rd overall grabbing Dee Ford..FA's become real in mid March, remaining roster draft targets a month later late april..in JD we trust(jack daniels too)

Nice!   Is there a more underrated player/lesser known superstar in this league than Chris Jones?  Every time I've watched KC play I came up with the same conclusion - #95 is a Serial Drive Killer had OCs scratching their heads at the Xs and Uh-Os...    I'm expecting 2-3 blockers to be on him at all times this Sunday, which could make life a whole lot less than impossible for his teammates against NE.  Or, it could make me look like someone that thinks A2 + B2 = ABBA...

I read a big reason he went from 6.5 sacks last year to 15.5 sacks this year is because he lost 25 lbs in the off season. It's amazing what subtracting a 25 lb anchor can do for one's sic em, sock em and sack em.   

10 minutes ago, Flugel said:

Nice!   Is there a more underrated player/lesser known superstar in this league than Chris Jones?  Every time I've watched KC play I came up with the same conclusion - #95 is a Serial Drive Killer had OCs scratching their heads at the Xs and Uh-Os...    I'm expecting 2-3 blockers to be on him at all times this Sunday, which could make life a whole lot less than impossible for his teammates against NE.  Or, it could make me look like someone that thinks A2 + B2 = ABBA...

I read a big reason he went from 6.5 sacks last year to 15.5 sacks this year is because he lost 25 lbs in the off season. It's amazing what subtracting a 25 lb anchor can do for one's sic em, sock em and sack em.   

ABBa..lmao! take a chance on me?;) holy chit.. Chris Jones is a quarter inch short of 6'5".add a 34.5" arm reach with a pair of 10.25" hands he's a animal that we just hope Dorsey can match..Your right he ran a 5.03 40 at 310lbs..290'ish sounds about right. now strong as ox shreding some pounds. His 16 pass defections coming up the gut is what Shelton nor Ogbah just could not give us. GW trusted Ogbah like a DC should..I wonder what the thought process of Ogbah is now with GW gone? I like the new set of eyes we have on this defense.March & April can't get here quick enough..🕰️

23 hours ago, gumby73 said:

ABBa..lmao! take a chance on me?;) holy chit.. Chris Jones is a quarter inch short of 6'5".add a 34.5" arm reach with a pair of 10.25" hands he's a animal that we just hope Dorsey can match..Your right he ran a 5.03 40 at 310lbs..290'ish sounds about right. now strong as ox shreding some pounds. His 16 pass defections coming up the gut is what Shelton nor Ogbah just could not give us. GW trusted Ogbah like a DC should..I wonder what the thought process of Ogbah is now with GW gone? I like the new set of eyes we have on this defense.March & April can't get here quick enough..🕰️

Good point Gumbs!  I don't know what happened to the Ogbah I saw in 2017 prior to going on IR.  I certainly don't see DT as his most desirable niche.  I'm still puzzled we cut Meder last year after watching how the inside of our defense got gashed considering how high he was ranked by PFF against the run in 2017.  Williams actually pointed it out in 2017 so my guess is Dorsey or Depo is the one that wanted him cut.

I'm glad DT is supposed to be a deep position in this draft... 

22 hours ago, Tour2ma said:

Jones was a beast at his Senior Bowl...

McCoy? Once very good to great.... now not so much.

Not knowing what's going to be available where we pick, i'd have to say I'd still make him a reasonable upper tier but not elite contract offer. He wouldn't be the sole heavy lifter here. I think he could have 1-2 "VERY" productive years playing on our D line. If we were to pick up maybe Raekwon or Lawrence if he falls far enough, fingers crossed.....I mean that depth would also greatly benefit Larry. If he wants "elite" DT money, nahhh. If he wants to play in the playoffs next year on a front line with depth where he'll be able to stay healthy....Clev is not a bad place. We pick up Ansah or Flowers on top of this than we can maybe think about addressing another position in the draft. 

18 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

We pick up Ansah or Flowers on top of this than we can maybe think about addressing another position in the draft. 

Go get Christian Wilkins & plug n play him at DT or LDE....I'd be begging & trading bodies to get to #10  

As far as Clemson DT's go, Lawrence may drop far enough that we might be able to get him or only have to trade up a couple spots. All depends what happens on draft day I guess. Really not sure what's going to be available at 17. If the guys we want are gone, i'd be ok with trading out and loading up picks for next year. 

4 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

He's a bit chunky for LDE no? lol. 

go watch Dabo tape where Wilkins & Clein Ferrell lined up..Lawrence was 3rd in stats behind both...imo,Lawrence won't be 340lbs. playing in Wilks system..  

1 minute ago, gumby73 said:

go watch Dabo tape where Wilkins & Clein Ferrell lined up..Lawrence was 3rd in stats behind both...imo,Lawrence won't be 340lbs. playing in Wilks system..  

yeah but your LDE isn't typically 34 NT size. That being said, one of the guys im going to watch at the combine is Raekwon...he's 315 but he's also 6'7 and can move. And he was slated to go around 20....he did disappear in the championship game, but so did Jonathan Allen and he had 9 sacks this year for the Vikes. Raekwon's strength is already NFL ready and if I read right, he might "right now" be in the upper tier in terms of strength In the entire NFL. If he has enough bend and edge mechanics i'll be team Raekwon come the draft, unless Lawrence falls to us. 

Archived