THE BROWNS BOARD

Best Browns' Coverage

AP1

As I stated in my very first post, I read this board to get my Browns' news. I have started live streaming an hour of 92.3 in the morning while I feed cattle, but if there's something better I'm open. What is the best station to get Browns' news?

My Dad on I always had 1440 sports talk radio saved on the AM radio dial and on trips back to PA, we'd start trying to pull it in around Columbus...driving on 70 was always a lot faster than our trips on 71, 271 and 90 because we'd get caught up listening.

32 minutes ago, AP1 said:

As I stated in my very first post, I read this board to get my Browns' news. I have started live streaming an hour of 92.3 in the morning while I feed cattle, but if there's something better I'm open. What is the best station to get Browns' news?

My Dad on I always had 1440 sports talk radio saved on the AM radio dial and on trips back to PA, we'd start trying to pull it in around Columbus...driving on 70 was always a lot faster than our trips on 71, 271 and 90 because we'd get caught up listening.

The radio and local newspapers are probably your best.  Local tv isn’t terrible. I know plenty of people in NE Ohio that don’t own a TV set and yet are very well informed about the team. I would even say better informed than your average national sports tv watchers. 

There isn't really a good radio station for Browns coverage, but 92.3 is as good as it gets. Don't bother with 850....unless you want to learn about movies,cooking, the hosts personal lives, etc. They were pretty good at one time, but they suck for the last 5 years.

3 hours ago, lodilobo said:

There isn't really a good radio station for Browns coverage, but 92.3 is as good as it gets. Don't bother with 850....unless you want to learn about movies,cooking, the hosts personal lives, etc. They were pretty good at one time, but they suck for the last 5 years.

You mean NBFC?    Nothing but fucking commercials.

11 hours ago, lodilobo said:

You certainly nailed this one!

Wanna buy jewelry, a car, bee shit? Listen to 850 (Oh yeah, I forgot windows, furniture & dentists).

Wanna hear about the Browns? Listen to 92.3.

Mike

6 hours ago, The Gipper said:

You mean NBFC?    Nothing but fucking commercials.

It is very hard to listen to 850. They do a commercial they call a live read. Then go to a real commercial break. And come back with another live read commercial 

It is terrible 

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

You certainly nailed this one!

Wanna buy jewelry, a car, bee shit? Listen to 850

Wanna hear about the Browns? Listen to 92.3.

Mike

I don’t really like 92.3 either. All they do is argue with each other. 

59 minutes ago, Browns149 said:

I don’t really like 92.3 either. All they do is argue with each other. 

They all seem to do that unfortunately. It's part of the shows. The guy on 92.3 who I don't like is Les Levine. I find him to be arrogant & condescending.

At least 92.3 is not all about commercials like 850.

Mike

So true about 850. 

Out of 60 minutes, you are lucky to get 10 minutes of content. 

The other 50 minutes are commercials, news tickers, weather updates...

I have no idea how they still have any listeners. Once 92.3 came on air, I don't think I've ever listened to it again. 

It would be like going back to dial up internet. 

8 hours ago, Browns149 said:

It is very hard to listen to 850. They do a commercial they call a live read. Then go to a real commercial break. And come back with another live read commercial 

It is terrible 

Right Rizzo and Goldhammer are not sports casters. They are really more adcasters. 

16 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

They all seem to do that unfortunately. It's part of the shows. The guy on 92.3 who I don't like is Les Levine. I find him to be arrogant & condescending.

At least 92.3 is not all about commercials like 850.

Mike

Les Levine is an acquired taste. I also couldn't stand the guy when I first heard him on the old WHK. I love him now....I always listen when he's on. Excellent humour. 

18 hours ago, Browns149 said:

It is terrible 

I live about 8 miles from my office.  The roads are part interstate, part surface streets.   I have literally had situations where I would (try to) listen to WKNR on my way to work...and the entire distance they had nothing on there  but  commercials and promos.

19 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I live about 8 miles from my office.  The roads are part interstate, part surface streets.   I have literally had situations where I would (try to) listen to WKNR on my way to work...and the entire distance they had nothing on there  but  commercials and promos.

Radio ads do get annoying. So how come there’s no TiVo like thing for radio? Record programs, skip ads etc. 

living in oregon i pay for sto and watch drennen live he cracks me up with some of his take's on the team but all in all a good show I have no idea if he is on the radio or not

it's a little strange, but on a clear evening, even parts of NC can pick-up am 850 from Cleveland. Never during the day though. 92.3 only option is internet in NC. I remember the wife asking many preseason night games. "Why are you drinking beers in your truck? Cus god still brings me Browns football on the truck radio" :D 👍 

4 hours ago, gumby73 said:

it's a little strange, but on a clear evening, even parts of NC can pick-up am 850 from Cleveland. Never during the day though. 92.3 only option is internet in NC. I remember the wife asking many preseason night games. "Why are you drinking beers in your truck? Cus god still brings me Browns football on the truck radio" :D 👍 

I am here in Wadsworth Ohio and sometimes in the evenings I can’t pick up Wknr

Archived