THE BROWNS BOARD

Ahhh, this is why Kellen hates DA so much, I totally forgot...

PlaygroundLegend

Guest ATENEARS

Kellen should have caught both passes. If you stop the DA pass just as the ball leaves his hands, you will see that KWII was in a pocket and he should have squared on the ball and been able to take the hit. He is a TE, afterall.

I've always felt that the failure of that play was on KW ... that was a pussy attempt at making a TE reception in LB traffic ... that is what you get paid to do.

Guess who was shown the door ....

talk about being hung out to dry, when your facing a player like Ray Lewis, it should be automatic that you dont do that, you could see kellen getting railed before it happened, as a QB you should know not to offer ray lewis your already fragile TE on a platinum platter. When DA thre to kellen the Lewis had enough distance to gain momentum to lay him out, BQ threw to kellen in a VERY tight window, with not even half the clearance room, it was a smarter throw

Kellen should have caught both passes. If you stop the DA pass just as the ball leaves his hands, you will see that KWII was in a pocket and he should have squared on the ball and been able to take the hit. He is a TE, afterall.

I've always felt that the failure of that play was on KW ... that was a pussy attempt at making a TE reception in LB traffic ... that is what you get paid to do.

Guess who was shown the door ....

Most of us would call that window that DA threw to 'covered'.

Leading your receiver into a hit like that. There was no time for him to actually make the catch and secure it before he was hit.

Yeah, it happens, and every QB does it, but that wasn't on Winslow. And DA has a history of it. That's because he panics.

Guest ATENEARS

Winslow should have caught the ball. It hit him in the hands ... quit making these pussy-ass excuses, that is the problem with this town. He got pussified and coughed up the pill. I don't care who is throwing the ball to him, he should have made that catch. He should have protected the football.

He can take his long drawn-out backyard zig-zaggety patterns and his old lady knees, and go come oh-so close to breaking an actual tackle somewhere else.

Kellen Winslow is no longer a Brown, but DA is.

They needed three yards, and DA had a receiver short over the middle for an easier catch.

But, DA throws a cannonball when he tosses a chicken bone in the garbage next to him.

He just can't get a touch on the ball. Quinn is superior in his touch on the ball, and his

judgement.

And yes, DA paniced because he didn't want to get hit.

Solid oline, smarter qb... two nice additional receivers, a rb that should prove to be a steal...

This is going to be an exciting offense.

Winslow should have caught the ball. It hit him in the hands ... quit making these pussy-ass excuses, that is the problem with this town. He got pussified and coughed up the pill. I don't care who is throwing the ball to him, he should have made that catch. He should have protected the football.

He can take his long drawn-out backyard zig-zaggety patterns and his old lady knees, and go come oh-so close to breaking an actual tackle somewhere else.

Kellen Winslow is no longer a Brown, but DA is.

Things have slowed down since Stallworth, I see.

Guest ATENEARS

Like I said ... I don't care who is throwing the football, I expect our TE's to secure that ball away and certainly not cough it up for an interception.

Stan I actually agree with you that he should have caught it. However, that doesn't change the fact that it was a poor decision by the QB and one that could have gotten the reciever hurt. So if Kellen catches that and Lewis knocks him out with a concussion on a hard hit. my opinion is still the same. That was the wrong throw to make.

BTW dumping off to a TE in front of the LBs is Quinn's bread and butter. You must really hate BQ and his 49% completion percentage on those dump offs then?

But no something tells me this isn't about the play itself and more about the name on the jersey of the QB. Hmmm gee whiz I wonder...

As Atenears said, K2 is no longer on the team and DA received a $5 mil bonus last month. So which one do you think the team felt made the bad play?

BTW dumping off to a TE in front of the LBs is Quinn's bread and butter. You must really hate BQ and his 49% completion percentage on those dump offs then?

But no something tells me this isn't about the play itself and more about the name on the jersey of the QB. Hmmm gee whiz I wonder...

As Atenears said, K2 is no longer on the team and DA received a $5 mil bonus last month. So which one do you think the team felt made the bad play?

BQ didn't get KW2 killed tho :(

both those two plays are completely situational and about as similar as the Ravens and Broncos D's. 3rd down versus a scoring situation>>>nothing alike aside from Chud probably calling for the play to go to Winslow in both instances. go ahead and dig up some more film of Anderson from two years ago...heaven forbid a player improve beyond their first year (of meaningful starting).

there was a window when DA released it. heck, even Jurevicius coulda settled down, using his body to block the defenders and pulling it in fast. Winslow was always guilty of being flashy and not catching/protecting the ball smart enough in traffic. he was a college bohemoth, but in the pros? meh.

Guest ATENEARS
Ate, that's the worst analysis of a play I've ever read.

No Analysis, just football 101 ... catch the freaking ball, take the hit, and STFU.

It was obviously a matter of throwing into triple coverage... throwing high and into Lewis' hit... and just dumb quarterbacking.

Ate, that's the worst analysis of a play I've ever read.

shep his analysis may just be over your head because it doesn't discuss muscle tone definition in it

I notice coming off the field after the TD, KW had no love for Jamal Lewis. Hmmm....

And seriously, that first video was just a shit play all around. Bad play call, bad throw, bad drop. Just fooking sad to watch again. And didn't the Ravnes have a pic six the next series or two? Ah yes, a DA special.

So it is all on Kellen on that play?

most effed up things on the team came because of K2.

That's why you don't put a dude with a 6 on his wonderlic out there as a team leader.

Savage knew it. Mangini does too.

The BQ Lover crowd loved him tho, cuz he said he was tough, said he played hurt, said he was the best TE in the whole NFL.

Most importantly he was a hot piece of man-meat, so that means he has the "IT FACTOR" too

Funny, the people who believed the K2 bullshit pussy fake injury and hard worker stories then.... are the same people who believe the same bullshit from BQ now.

Reality is, they just wanna get tag teamed by 'em.

I can't imagine what would convince me that Lums isn't gay. I've never seen such consistent homophobia from anyone who wasn't a full on hillbilly and he doesn't seem like one of those.

Hmmm you know I've never seen a dude pimp QBs based on who puts the most gel in their hair.

til I came here.

most effed up things on the team came because of K2.

That's why you don't put a dude with a 6 on his wonderlic out there as a team leader.

Savage knew it. Mangini does too.

The BQ Lover crowd loved him tho, cuz he said he was tough, said he played hurt, said he was the best TE in the whole NFL.

Most importantly he was a hot piece of man-meat, so that means he has the "IT FACTOR" too

Funny, the people who believed the K2 bullshit pussy fake injury and hard worker stories then.... are the same people who believe the same bullshit from BQ now.

Reality is, they just wanna get tag teamed by 'em.

Did you actually bring something relevent to this post?

Did KW actually have a 6 on his wonderlic? Even a 16 would explain alot about his staph infection.

You better find a new hero other than DA if your a Browns fan, this new team is gonna require that you like the whole Browns team!

He should have caught the ball.

While I agree kw2 or any nfl WR/TE for that matter shoulda caught the ball DA has a bad tendency to lead our guys into very hard hits in order to catch in covered lanes while uncovered WR/RBs are wide open...sore injured WR/TEs have a tendency to lash back at a QB that is making bad decisions by throwing in a covered lane while someone else was wide open over and over again...;)

Hey I luv this team. and if they decide DA is the starter im still going to cheer on the browns. Alot of u guys make fun of lum for loving Da when u are in love with Quinn?!?! its ok to have a favorite player. Just leave it the fuk alone and hate cincy shitburgh and the ratbirds as 1

Archived