THE BROWNS BOARD

Jarvis Landry headed to pro bowl

Alkid3

Bless em

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply
22 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

I’m just blessed to say I was there in Tampa with my hands up in the air, signaling TOUCHDOWN for play #2, when Jarvis extended his left hand across the plane WHILE making a diving catch. Absolute baller.

Awesome play to see live! That entire game was so very frustrating, right? We played like garbage the entire time, then we're down 14 with 7 minutes to go and here comes Baker. The Landry TD was absolutely sick, but don't forget about that 40 yard run he had! Lol! Little white boy was RUNNING, and then got drilled in the head, and THEN the refs said he was ALLOWED to be hit in the head. Wtf. And of course the 59 yard FG that killed us in OT. ARGH! 

Best play I was in attendance for was the Callaway TD bomb on 4th and 5 from Tyrod. That was AWESOME! However, it was another frustrating game, too. Hehehehe 

3 minutes ago, jiggins7919 said:

Best play I was in attendance for was the Callaway TD bomb on 4th and 5 from Tyrod. That was AWESOME! However, it was another frustrating game, too. Hehehehe 

It was after that game that I was extremely OK with the loss because I knew we had our franchise QB and that “somebody” was getting fired sooner or later.. lol 

And that Callaway bomb from TT! hell yea! That was the loudest I yelled at my TV all season. However, I did go a bit cray when Greg Joseph sneaked the GW over the upright against Baltimore, that was a special W. “GET IN THEREEE!!!!!” Felt like I was roid raging lmao

On 1/17/2019 at 10:00 AM, LondonBrown said:

He’s nearly bottom in every category of those targeted most often. You can even extend it to the top 20 and 30 targeted and he is close to it bottom in all other categories. 

I know our fans are desperate to win and change the culture but they’re a bit blind with this guy. He just isn’t very good. 

and this is what I've said when we signed him....he's at 6.5 yards per target.  Thats terrible in the nfl in 2018/19.

We've had some bright spots this year....he was not one of them.  We need to divert some of those targets to more productive guys.

Bad signing so far(as I predicted)...how much money do we still owe him where it is feasible to get out?

Stats aren't everything!! The attitude & work ethic he brought to us are MAJOR additions.

If you two can't see what a positive Landry is, you need to find another team to bitch about.

Mike

19 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Stats aren't everything!! The attitude & work ethic he brought to us are MAJOR additions.

If you two can't see what a positive Landry is, you need to find another team to bitch about.

Mike

well this is hard to quantify....but I would suggest we find someone who is paid a couple of mill per year to bring 'good attitude and work ethic' to us?

But it's not my money....as long as our cap  situation is what it is, they can pay him what they want.

As a browns fan hopefully the passes will be distributed more to guys who are more efficient though.....

You are correct about it being difficult to quantify, but Landry IS one of those players who raises the level of play of those around him & stats alone will not define that.

Mike

3 hours ago, Tacosman said:

and this is what I've said when we signed him....he's at 6.5 yards per target.  Thats terrible in the nfl in 2018/19.

We've had some bright spots this year....he was not one of them.  We need to divert some of those targets to more productive guys.

Bad signing so far(as I predicted)...how much money do we still owe him where it is feasible to get out?

His targets started to differ once Hue left. Baker doesn’t like Landry as much as this board does. 

2 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

You are correct about it being difficult to quantify, but Landry IS one of those players who raises the level of play of those around him & stats alone will not define that.

Mike

how do we prove that?  What is the evidence for this?  Couldn't you just as easily say this about any player anyone wanted?

11 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

😂 i took a similar amount of stick when we traded Hyde. I was delighted about it and everyone else....wasnt. 

It’s easy to give your opinions stick, man. Especially how you go about it. “Hue deserves to get fired even if he never loses another game in his life” type shit, you sound like a hater half the time.

And at least we agreed on something then, as I wasn’t fond of Hyde as well and even went as far as to saying he was used as a rental until Chubb was ready to go.

53 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

😂 i took a similar amount of stick when we traded Hyde. I was delighted about it and everyone else....wasnt. 

this forum, practically everyone here, is mostly divorced from actual data.  Or actual data that is shown to be related to success winning(ie citing how many total catches landry is).  

there is a lot of ass backwards thinking in here that doesn't go along with the nfl in 2019

5 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

this forum, practically everyone here, is mostly divorced from actual data.  Or actual data that is shown to be related to success winning(ie citing how many total catches landry is).  

there is a lot of ass backwards thinking in here that doesn't go along with the nfl in 2019

Gtfo if you don’t know what “logic” and “sense” are. Stats are great but not everything. Your ass is backwards.

6 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

It was after that game that I was extremely OK with the loss because I knew we had our franchise QB and that “somebody” was getting fired sooner or later.. lol 

And that Callaway bomb from TT! hell yea! That was the loudest I yelled at my TV all season. However, I did go a bit cray when Greg Joseph sneaked the GW over the upright against Baltimore, that was a special W. “GET IN THEREEE!!!!!” Felt like I was roid raging lmao

LOL! Yes! I thought there was NO way it had any CHANCE of going through, and the announcer yelled, "IT WENT INNNNNN!" So awesome. 

Landry is a possession WR being paid like a star WR.  Like others have said I don't care what they pay him until the cap becomes an issue.  Good for him making the Pro Bowl but it also illustrates it isn't a measure of top tier talent in the league since his numbers are good at best.

3 hours ago, BaconHound said:

Landry is a possession WR being paid like a star WR.  Like others have said I don't care what they pay him until the cap becomes an issue.  Good for him making the Pro Bowl but it also illustrates it isn't a measure of top tier talent in the league since his numbers are good at best.

It also proves the point that most players could give a shit about the pro bowl since they are backing out all the time.   

1 hour ago, Mark O said:

It also proves the point that most players could give a shit about the pro bowl since they are backing out all the time.   

Two things Mark

1) I never respected Dan Marino for coming up with a phantom injury every year so he didn't have to play.

2) With the billions the NFL makes, what they pay the guys in the Pro Bowl is an insult. Make it $500k to the winners, and $250k to the losers, and I'd bet a lot more guys would show up. 

& Yes I'm one of the few that actually watches the Pro Bowl every year. 

1 minute ago, hoorta said:

& Yes I'm one of the few that actually watches the Pro Bowl every year. 

So you're the one who's watching.  Good to know.    I'm sure I watched when I was a kid but I just have no interest at all.   I might at least look to tune in this year since there will be some good looking orange helmets in the game for a change. 

4 hours ago, BaconHound said:

London and Taco are essentially parroting arguments we heard from some of the " experts" when the Landry trade rumors stated heating up. He's not that good and not worth the money. Either you buy that POV, or you don't. Dorsey didn't, and I'll side with John. :)

27 minutes ago, hoorta said:

London and Taco are essentially parroting arguments we heard from some of the " experts" when the Landry trade rumors stated heating up. He's not that good and not worth the money. Either you buy that POV, or you don't. Dorsey didn't, and I'll side with John. :)

Yes and no.  Dorsey may trade or cut him when, or should we say if, money gets tight.  Right now Landry makes sense but that doesn't mean he will be in Cleveland  and fulfill the years of his deal.

5 hours ago, BaconHound said:

What makes you think that a possession  wide receiver can’t be a star wide receiver. 

1 hour ago, hoorta said:

dorsey is looking at it as a sunk cost vs future cost thing too...and looking at what we already paid him vs cap hit if traded(based on that bonus)....so it's not that simple.  Dorsey could

very well be saying "yeah, I missed that one and wish we could get rid of him" but when looking at what we gave him in terms of up front signing bonus and how that is spread out over cap it may make sense to cut bait after next year and not now.  Doesnt mean he would do it again

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

What makes you think that a possession  wide receiver can’t be a star wide receiver. 

probably the fact that everything about him(YAC, yp target, first down %) is low for any type of reciever.

His catches result in a first down less than most starters in the league.  Thats not good.  

41 minutes ago, Tacosman said:

dorsey is looking at it as a sunk cost vs future cost thing too...and looking at what we already paid him vs cap hit if traded(based on that bonus)....so it's not that simple.  Dorsey could

very well be saying "yeah, I missed that one and wish we could get rid of him" but when looking at what we gave him in terms of up front signing bonus and how that is spread out over cap it may make sense to cut bait after next year and not now.  Doesn't mean he would do it again

& I (and many other have said) did we know at the time we were overpaying for Landry?  Certainly. We were also getting a three time Pro Bowl WR that was a 1,000 yard 100  catch guy for 4th and 7th round draft picks.... Javis also immediately became the best WR on the roster short of the totally unreliable, and soon to be suspended Josh Gordon.... 

Thing is, as the team improves- Dorsey may not have to overpay for talent. And when the option years start coming up for players like Garrett, the way Landry's contract is structured, he  can be moved or cut without destroying the cap.  If I'm reading Spotrac correctly, this season we'll have paid almost all of his guaranteed money. 

I don't know why a few guys are so damn upset that this year (and only for this year, with tons of cap room) we're paying Jarvis Odell Beckham\ Julio Jones sort of money...  If you wan't to look at it this way $5 million of Jarvis' salary is for being a great cheerleader, role model...  

3 hours ago, Tacosman said:

probably the fact that everything about him(YAC, yp target, first down %) is low for any type of reciever.

His catches result in a first down less than most starters in the league.  Thats not good.  

His history was that each catch actually did go for a first down. Not sure about this year haven’t seen no stats but all I know is that he made a hell of a lot of first downs with his catches and kept a lot of drivesgoing and scored a number of touchdowns and lead this team the way no one else has for years. 

46 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

His history was that each catch actually did go for a first down. Not sure about this year haven’t seen no stats but all I know is that he made a hell of a lot of first downs with his catches and kept a lot of drivesgoing and scored a number of touchdowns and lead this team the way no one else has for years. 

Ah, come on Gipper- that sort of info is just a couple mouse clicks away....  Landry averaged 12 ypc this year. But-but-but that's not anywhere close to Mike Evans 17 ypc.  

Well Jarvis raggers, 12 ypc is more than Julian Edelman's 11.5 ypc- so go ask Tom Brady if he thinks HE sucks.  :D How many drive sustaining great catches did he make against the Chiefs? A bunch you say?  Landry is our Edelman. Deal with it...  

Archived