THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday 1/16

The Gipper

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, got a Sarah Palin story. One of our local groceries- I'll just use the initials, DLM has a promotion "famous bags in famous places". You hold one of their shopping bags up in front of a landmark, take a picture, and you get a couple months of Fame on the wall. Like I've seen anywhere in the world. Even one on the Space Shuttle, which is sort of going to be hard to top, unless someone takes one to the Moon some day. :)

On one of my Alaska trips heading from Anchorage up to the National Park you have to go through Wasilla, Palin's home town. Stop the car guys, time for a photo op. Hold up the DLM bag next to the "Welcome to Wasilla" sign. The local Republicans got quite a charge out of it. 

LOL. I'd do that. 

39 minutes ago, hoorta said:

LOL, got a Sarah Palin story. One of our local groceries- I'll just use the initials, DLM has a promotion "famous bags in famous places". You hold one of their shopping bags up in front of a landmark, take a picture, and you get a couple months of Fame on the wall. Like I've seen anywhere in the world. Even one on the Space Shuttle, which is sort of going to be hard to top, unless someone takes one to the Moon some day. :)

On one of my Alaska trips heading from Anchorage up to the National Park you have to go through Wasilla, Palin's home town. Stop the car guys, time for a photo op. Hold up the DLM bag next to the "Welcome to Wasilla" sign. The local Republicans got quite a charge out of it. 

My brother's  father in law lived in Wasilla.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

My brother's  father in law lived in Wasilla.

If  you've been there, then you know. Put a strip mall in the middle of a beautiful mountain valley = Wasilla.  :)   

39 minutes ago, hoorta said:

If  you've been there, then you know. Put a strip mall in the middle of a beautiful mountain valley = Wasilla.  :)   

I did go through there.   It was in what you could call the urban area of Alaska.   It kind of ran into Palmer...then into Anchorage. So, honestly, I didn't pay that much attention...but you are about right.

On 1/16/2019 at 3:43 PM, The Gipper said:

OK....what is all this love for wanting the Patriots to win?   I mean, at this point perhaps the only teams that I would want to lose more than the Pats would be the Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Broncos. 

Easy for me, although twisted.....if Brady wins the Super Bowl, he has 6 rings.

Who hates Brady the most, and their team has 6 Super Bowls? Steeler fans.

6 hours ago, Bob806 said:

Easy for me, although twisted.....if Brady wins the Super Bowl, he has 6 rings.

Who hates Brady the most, and their team has 6 Super Bowls? Steeler fans.

Well that’s what you get when you’re foolish enough just to count Super Bowls when you’re counting championships. The Browns won eight championships. I don’t care what you call them eight titles is more than Six. In the Northeast Ohio has 13 total championships. That’s the total count

16 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Well that’s what you get when you’re foolish enough just to count Super Bowls when you’re counting championships. The Browns won eight championships. I don’t care what you call them eight titles is more than Six. In the Northeast Ohio has 13 total championships. That’s the total count

While I agree, most of us need to see a Super bowl win by the Browns. 53 years and not even an appearance, it's insane.

Archived