THE BROWNS BOARD

Survey Wednesday 1/16

The Gipper

Here are this week's survey questions.   I will admit that I got most of them directly from the WKNR survey they are holding today:

1.  Which two teams do you want to win Sunday...which ones will win?

2. Who is the best athlete you have ever seen play live.

3. Who is the best athlete you know that has the same initials as you?   Example, my initials are TG.   I could go with like Tony Gwynn or Todd Gurley or the like

4. What is the one place (or a few)  that you have never been to before that you really want to go to?

5. What is your favorite winter "comfort food"?

Just now, The Gipper said:

Here are this week's survey questions.   I will admit that I got most of them directly from the WKNR survey they are holding today:

1.  Which two teams do you want to win Sunday...which ones will win?   WANT  SAINTS AND CHIEFS WILL BE SAINTS AND PATS

2. Who is the best athlete you have ever seen play live.    COLIN BELL 

3. Who is the best athlete you know that has the same initials as you?   Example, my initials are TG.   I could go with like Tony Gwynn or Todd Gurley or the like DANICA PATRICK AND DOLLY PARTON

4. What is the one place (or a few)  that you have never been to before that you really want to go to?  NEW ZEALAND, ALASKA CRUISE

5. What is your favorite winter "comfort food"?  INDIAN CURRIES OR CHICKEN AND DUMPLING STEW

Want Chiefs to win...but it probably won't happen.   Am ambivalent on the other game....though I think I would like to see Drew Brees make another Super Bowl before he retires.  Could you imagine Brady and Brees in the Super Bowl?   Two 40 year old QBs.   This is what the new rules on hitting the QB gets us.

It is either LeBron...or Tiger Woods  (saw him at Firestone)  Go with LeBron for athleticism.

3. Who is the best athlete you know that has the same initials as you?   Example, my initials are TG.   I could go with like Tony Gwynn or Todd Gurley or the like

The two I mentioned are good ones.....but another is soon to be HOFer   Tony Gonzales.

4. What is the one place (or a few)  that you have never been to before that you really want to go to?

As you know...I have been everywhere man....but, actually, not quite.    As far as  USA proper I will give one east coast....and one West coast.  East coast:  to go out to the Statue of Liberty...and up the Empire State Building (I was scheduled to do both on or around  9/20/2001....but you can guess why that didn't happen).  On the west coast....it would be a combined trip to the Pinnacle NP (the only NP on the continental US I have not been to) combined with a drive down the Big Sur highway.   I too would like to do an Alaska cruise...someday.  Europe:  Venice/French Riviera.

Probably just a good ole bowl of chili.

18 minutes ago, Mark O said:

1.  Saints/Patriots  for both answers

2.  Bo Jackson

3. Mike Oliphant  Don't you think perhaps Merlin Olsen may have been a better player?  or Mel Ott?  

4. Nowhere I can think of.   seriously...

5. what is this "winter" you speak of?  Fuck you buddy.  We are having a warm day here today...it is 31 degrees.

Mike Oliphant was a joke.   :)

Merlin Olsen was a much better player and even a decent actor and had a long broadcasting career too.   Mel Ott is before my time but I know he was a good player.

31 degrees sounds miserable.   It's cold here...its only 55 and raining.   Close to declaring a state of emergency because the sun hasn't been out for a few days.

1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

Saints and Chiefs. Both of them deserve it. And I hope that Patriots keep their problems at away games. 

Television counts? Rafael Nadal. He has an unmatchable mentality to keep fighting every single ball, no matter the situation, if he's winning, losing, or if he is having a bad game. 

Can't think of any.

I haven't travelled at all and it sucks, but as an architect I dream of visiting Rome. 

Closest thing I can think of is... garlic soup and though I barely eat them, I cherish buying hot chestnuts in the street an walking in the cold holding them to keep me warm.  

Television counts? Rafael Nadal. He has an unmatchable mentality to keep fighting every single ball, no matter the situation, if he's winning, losing, or if he is having a bad game. 

No....live means live....in person.   Did you see Nadal in person...or just on the telly?

If we were including TV...hell....I can say that I saw  Kaitlin  Jenner.....(or at least I did see Bruce)  :lol:

12 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Can't think of any.

What are your initials...perhaps we can help you out. 

DC... It works for Comics, for sportsmen? IDK. 

14 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

No....live means live....in person.   Did you see Nadal in person...or just on the telly?

If we were including TV...hell....I can say that I saw  Kaitlin  Jenner.....(or at least I did see Bruce)  :lol:

I have almost never watched live games, so no one relevant. 

DC... It works for Comics, for sportsmen? IDK. 

These names may not mean anything to you....but they are Hall of Famers in their sports here:

Dave Casper.....the Ghost.   Tight End for the Raiders (70s)  PFHOF

Dave Cowens......Hall of Fame basketball player for the Boston Celtics  (also 70s)

But....you also have the current QB for the Raiders.....Derek Carr..who is pretty good.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Want to win: Saints, Patriots. Who will win: Saints, Chiefs

LeBron

Bob McAdoo or Baker Mayfield (too soon?)

Columbia River Gorge, Joshua Tree NP, Fjords in Norway, Lake Geneva in Switzerland (Smoke on the Water)

Chili

It is either LeBron...or Tiger Woods  (saw him at Firestone)  Go with LeBron for athleticism.

Yeah, that's a toughie. I'd argue that Greg Norman was actually a better athlete than Tiger since he took up golf at age 16, while Tiger was a prodigy early on and only played golf. Norman was into soccer, rugby, and basketball as a kid. 

Plus, being a total sports junkie it was hard to pick just one guy. I've always thought basketball players were the best athletes so I went with LeBron. Apologies to Adrian Peterson, Eric Metcalf, Greg Pruitt, Rocket Richard, Omar Vizquel, Dr. J, George Gervin, Mychael Thompson, and Bruce Smith. 

1.  Which two teams do you want to win Sunday...which ones will win?

Chiefs/Saints in the SB.. Saints will win...

LBJ

3. Who is the best athlete you know that has the same initials as you?   Example, my initials are TG.   I could go with like Tony Gwynn or Todd Gurley or the like

Nick Chubb

4. What is the one place (or a few)  that you have never been to before that you really want to go to?

The Grand Canyon

Sunday Pasta with the Family...

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Chiefs\ Saints     Patriots (yuck)\ Saints

Jim Brown\ Lebron though not an "athlete" by any means, greatest player would have to be Joe Montana

Damn, that one took some serious digging-  Leroy Kelly  

Europe, Ayers Rock Australia, a night at the Observatory on top of Mauna Kea Hawaii. LOL, knocks off another one of my state high points.  Due to a good pal who lives   there, been to Alaska many times.  

Grilled steak, and a nice bottle of wine- finished off with a glass or three of port, of course that's my summer comfort food too.  :)  

3 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1. Rooting for Saints and Pats. TGZ picks will come later in the week.

2. Lebron James. My Mt. Rushmore  would be James, Michael Jordan, Hank Aaron, Roberto Clemente.

3. Joe Montana

4.Tahiti

5. Baked Ziti Bolognese 

Z

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Which two teams do you want to win Sunday...which ones will win? NO NE

MICHAEL JORDAN

STURGIS MOTORCYCLE RALLY

5. What is your favorite winter "comfort food"? MEATLOAF

31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK....what is all this love for wanting the Patriots to win?   I mean, at this point perhaps the only teams that I would want to lose more than the Pats would be the Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Broncos. 

well...I don't hate the Patriots or the coach as much as most around here so I wouldn't necessarily be rooting against them anyways.  But in the case of this season its the little matter of a $250 prize to me should the Patriots win the Super Bowl.   Picked them in a blind draw pool when the playoffs started.

36 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

OK....what is all this love for wanting the Patriots to win?   I mean, at this point perhaps the only teams that I would want to lose more than the Pats would be the Steelers, Ravens, Cowboys, Broncos. 

I'm with you there. New England has been to the SB and won more than their share, time for somebody else...  

NO and KC

Durant at UT-Austin  nobody at 6'10' should be able to shoot that well from so far out. 

Tie with Rick Barry when he played for the U.

Barry Bonds

Australia

Cabernet or Bordeaux - either will suffice.

7 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Saints & Chiefs...Saints & Chiefs

Jim Brown

Mike Flanagan (Orioles Cy Young winner)...Same name as me, same spelling & we were dead ringers for each other in my younger days. I had 2 of his baseball cards taped to my PC & actually used to prank people at work by autographing stuff for them! Today, someone would KILL me for being politically incorrect.  

I want to fly fish from a bank of an Alaskan river while watching Grizzly bears on the opposite bank.

Chili.

Mike

1 hour ago, Canton Mike said:

I want to fly fish from a bank of an Alaskan river while watching Grizzly bears on the opposite bank.

Um, no you wouldn't, at least the part about watching Grizzly bears on the other side. Trust me- they aren't predictable, and it's scary as hell seeing one closer than a couple hundred feet away....  (short of having a trusty .375 H&H bear stopper handy) 

10 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Which two teams do you want to win Sunday...which ones will win? I'd prefer Kansas City in the AFC, no preference in the NFC. (Like both teams). I think KC and New Orleans win.  

2. Who is the best athlete you have ever seen play live. Kenny Lofton.

3. Who is the best athlete you know that has the same initials as you?   Example, my initials are TG.   I could go with like Tony Gwynn or Todd Gurley or the like Satchel Paige

4. What is the one place (or a few)  that you have never been to before that you really want to go to? In the U.S. I'd say the Pacific Northwest and Maine. Overseas Ireland and Italy. 

5. What is your favorite winter "comfort food"? Anything Italian

12 hours ago, The Gipper said:

1.  Which two teams do you want to win Sunday...which ones will win? It's the Saints trophy to lose & Maholmes is ready for the big Show

2. Who is the best athlete you have ever seen play live. Gurley live in HS, was em' bare' assing small children..Saw Pitt with Marino & Dorsett at Michigan or south bend. Saw Sweetness & B.Sanders too..Give me Walter Payton 

3. Who is the best athlete you know that has the same initials as you?   Example, my initials are TG.   I could go with like Tony Gwynn or Todd Gurley or the like KD Kevin Durant

4. What is the one place (or a few)  that you have never been to before that you really want to go to? scuba diving wrecked ships..got a pirate map?

5. What is your favorite winter "comfort food"? Chicken Pastry with a shot of Southern Comfort 🐔 

gone Happy HumP DaY 🐪!!

8 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I knew it! I knew you were Sarah Palin!!!

Where are you coming up with this?

He said his initials are SP. 

6 hours ago, Nero said:

I knew it! I knew you were Sarah Palin!!!

LOL, got a Sarah Palin story. One of our local groceries- I'll just use the initials, DLM has a promotion "famous bags in famous places". You hold one of their shopping bags up in front of a landmark, take a picture, and you get a couple months of Fame on the wall. Like I've seen anywhere in the world. Even one on the Space Shuttle, which is sort of going to be hard to top, unless someone takes one to the Moon some day. :)

On one of my Alaska trips heading from Anchorage up to the National Park you have to go through Wasilla, Palin's home town. Stop the car guys, time for a photo op. Hold up the DLM bag next to the "Welcome to Wasilla" sign. The local Republicans got quite a charge out of it. 

Archived