THE BROWNS BOARD

Classic CNN

LBC mike

Ooops. So people can actually get jobs in this country on the basis of qualifications and not gender or skin color (the way it should be).

"The embarrassing moment occurred during a discussion about experience being more important than race when determining whether or not someone is qualified for a particular job.

“I’ve chosen to cross different parts of the media world, done the work so that I’m qualified to be in each one. I never considered my color the issue, I considered my qualifications the issue,” Webb said.

“That’s a whole, another long conversation about white privilege, the things that you have the privilege of doing, that people of color don’t have the privilege of,” said Martin – who also hosts CBS’ “Face the Truth.”

A dumbfounded Webb asked, “How do I have the privilege of white privilege?”

Martin responded, “David, by virtue of being a white male you have white privilege.”

The Fox Nation host then explained that he was actually black.

https://www.foxnews.com/entertainment/cnn-legal-analyst-areva-martin-accuses-david-webb-of-white-privilege-before-learning-hes-black

33 minutes ago, The Cysko Kid said:

No lefty comments on this because it glaringly shows how it's been weaponized to silence a majority of the population. All they have to do is say "white (whatever)" and you're silenced. 

Backfire. Hope no one lets it die. 

Are you waiting for a comment from someone on this board you mean?

This is embarrassing/terrible and should be ridiculed. 

4 hours ago, Westside Steve said:

As if you were better.

WSS

if woodpecker had big wings, he would fly backwards and upside down all the time, all the while ridiculing everybody else for being "idiots"

3 minutes ago, LogicIsForSquares said:

Bingo. My wife has caught shit from other black people for enunciating words. So sounding smart = being white in their eyes which is pretty damning.

That is just sick. I did know a few guys back at Keesler, who talked their usual proper pronunciation of words, until they were in with a group of black guys. Sometimes it got interesting when the groups were mixed, which was the usual case. It was more like accepted banter to jokingly switch back then.

Archived