THE BROWNS BOARD

Celebrations

MLD Woody

26 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

The fusion thing is a little gay I have to say. I myself always liked the peewee Herman dance. Dance 💃 

It's pretty popular with that age group that grew up watching dragon ball z. I didn't watch it so my immediate thought when they did that was it was a hulk Hogan nwo wrestling throwback type thing. 

Like z my personal favorite was the Hollywood red carpet one with Landry rolling on ground (the one baker got to be a part of).

Yep Fusion Dance. 

On a side note, why do you old guys always go straight to "Gay" or "Fag"? Was that the worst thing you could call someone back in the 40's or something?

Also find it odd that the celebration dance you like the best is a grown man walking a red carpet like a super model.....

58 minutes ago, hx214 said:

Yep Fusion Dance. 

On a side note, why do you old guys always go straight to "Gay" or "Fag"? Was that the worst thing you could call someone back in the 40's or something?

Also find it odd that the celebration dance you like the best is a grown man walking a red carpet like a super model.....

It was funny. Especially Juice taking the pictures.

I can't comment on the Fusion dance because I don't know anything about it, I admit it, but it is good to see those two tight ends having some fun with it. I do prefer when more players are involved, like the campfire, etc., but any touchdown celebration by the Browns is a wonderful sight.

Being called "gay" was never the worst thing you could be called ... we never minded the gays back in the day, it was the Assholes that were a problem.

Gay just means "soccer".

Zombo

13 minutes ago, Zombo said:

It was funny. Especially Juice taking the pictures.

I can't comment on the Fusion dance because I don't know anything about it, I admit it, but it is good to see those two tight ends having some fun with it. I do prefer when more players are involved, like the campfire, etc., but any touchdown celebration by the Browns is a wonderful sight.

Being called "gay" was never the worst thing you could be called ... we never minded the gays back in the day, it was the Assholes that were a problem.

Gay just means "soccer".

Zombo

I bet Z has made a few trips over to those South Beach drag clubs. (probably doesn't have to go that far).

But hey...its OK.  My wife and I talked about going to one when were on vacation somewhere.   It never happened but we were willing. (and no, I would not have gone in drag).

And a really favorite movie of ours is along those lines.....a cross between the Birdcage and Some Like it Hot: Connie and Carla.  Here is a trailer:

I think TD celebrations are getting out of control.  Too over the top and take up too much time.  Congratulate one another and get over to the sidelines.  It's a football game, not a dance contest.  I mean really!

50 minutes ago, Orion said:

I think TD celebrations are getting out of control.  Too over the top and take up too much time.  Congratulate one another and get over to the sidelines.  It's a football game, not a dance contest.  I mean really!

Thats hpw it was for years, booorrriinngggg....and dudes getting flags if they dared dance wuth each other for a split sec. It was horseshit, let them dance...it isnt holding up the game. Grab a beer after a TD if u dont care for it

3 minutes ago, Clevfan4life said:

Thats hpw it was for years, booorrriinngggg....and dudes getting flags if they dared dance wuth each other for a split sec. It was horseshit, let them dance...it isnt holding up the game. Grab a beer after a TD if u dont care for it

So after a home run, the starting lineup should run out of the dugout and do a line dance then.   That's why we watch is it?

I don't mind some spontaneous celebration...but choreography?  

How about when they start to stretch it out to 4 minutes?  And they start with the flags and rifles, tossing them in the air, twirling about, then catching them?  Will that do it for ya?  Oh wait.  That was my daughter in high school as the captain of the color guard team.

1 minute ago, Orion said:

So after a home run, the starting lineup should run out of the dugout and do a line dance then.   That's why we watch is it?

I don't mind some spontaneous celebration...but choreography?  

How about when they start to stretch it out to 4 minutes?  And they start with the flags and rifles, tossing them in the air, twirling about, then catching them?  Will that do it for ya?  Oh wait.  That was my daughter in high school as the captain of the color guard team.

Like i said, right now...it doesnt hold up the game. What ur suggesting would and i wouldnt be ok with it then

1 hour ago, Orion said:

What crawled up your butt?

I loved the Webster Slaughter spike between the legs while jumping after a TD. I loved Eric Metcalf returning a punt, crossing the end zone with a full wing span and a bit of a high step and heading for the Pound. I love the Lambeau Leap and any version incorporating fans not done at Lambeau Field. I love DL helmet slaps after a sack or locking elbows a la The Bash Brothers after a big play.

I loathe the group picture (arms crossed and peace signs) "taken" after a TD. I loathe forcefully signaling a first down when down by three scores. I loathe the arms crossed, pause and gaze into the crowd after a sack when down by three scores. I loathe the "safe" call, like an umpire, by a DB when he breaks up a pass down by three scores.

Celebrations have become tacky and cliche, even more so when the game is out of hand and the losing team facilitates the need to celebrate. 

Archived