Zombo

This Week in the NFL Playoffs

The NFL Divisional Playoff Round. My favorite playoff weekend in Sports. The weaklings are gone. No one 'backed into" anything. The two teams that earned the first week byes in each conference trying to hold of a charging team springing off of a playoff win. And, boy are they charging this year: Colts, Chargers, Eagles and Cowboys ALL coming in on fire.

Last Week The Great Zomboni was a mediocre 2-2, Oh-for-Saturday, but then nailed Sunday. We have fixed our errors and are expecting a perfect weekend.

Error #1. After picking the Colts over the Texans all week in all formats, I changed my mind at the last minute and went with Texans. Never again. Trust the gut.

Error #2 . I sent Lisa to Dallas to cover the Boys and Kawks ... and apparently she didn't realize I was talking about the football game. She has been reassigned to a sport where we don't have to worry about her being surrounded by hetero men:

crop.php?r=3jP1CwRbMfXyUGxKVzz1YgNamksZG

So with Zelda The Wonder Dog now in charge of scouting, let's see what goes down this week:

Indianapolis at Kansas City , Saturday, 4:35 PM

No denying how hot the Colts are, love the Coach and QB combo, but they may be a year away from reaching the next level. I also recognize the "soft" home playoff record of Andy Reid, and the Chiefs, going back before Andy Reid, but let's give Pat Mahomes some credit: This is a different team. They will treat their fans today. CHIEFS 34 COLTS 24

Dallas at Los Angeles Rams, Saturday, 8:15 PM

If you are from my generation, you remember this as an annual clash in the 70's. Back then the Cowboys were the glitzy America's Team with Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Tony Hill and Tony Dorsett. The Rams never found their Franchise QB but always contended with a fearsome defense with Jack Youngblood, Freddie "Hunter" Dryer and Gene "Hacksaw" Reynolds. Now it's the Rams with the glitzy offense and the Cowboys with the staunch D ... But the Rams and Aaron Donald can play some D, too, so this will be the weekend's blowout. RAMS 30 COWBOYS 7

San Diego Chargers at New England Patriots, Sunday 1:05 PM

As tough as it is to bet against Brady and Bellichick at Home, I've been riding the Charger train all year, and I'm not getting off at this stop. The Pats are "different" on the offensive side of the ball this year, and I think it is the receiving weapons. They all seem slower, especially Gronk, and Brady does not have a home run hitter. The Chargers, meanwhile are actually getting healthier as the season progresses, getting their own TE weapon back this week. I love that they signed a guy to just kick off this weekend too. They are all in. Is New England? Let the offseason drama begin... CHARGERS 27 PATRIOTS 20

Philadelphia at New Orleans, Sunday, 4:40 PM

I love the Nick Foles magic, but I especially love Eagle fans squirming over who their QB should be next year. For the first time since the last time the Browns played in this playoff round in 1994, my team knows EXACTLY who will be, and who should be, the quarterback next year. Peace at last. But back to this game: Foles plays well, but if you think I am betting against Drew Brees and Sean Payton in the Dome, you will should not read any further. I'm going to inch the Iggles within that 8-point spread, but as you can see, I don't think any of my picks win by less than a touchdown this week. That's confidence. SAINTS 34 EAGLES 27

TGZ

Chiefs  ----check

Rams-------landslide-----check

Chargers-------check

NO----------beats the spread.............check

Rams 34

Boys 21

Colt45's 28

KC 35

Chargers 20

Pats 17

PHI 20

NO 28

Cowboys 20  Rams 31

Colts  31  Chiefs 37

Chargers 10  Pats 20

Eagles 23  Saints 27

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Nice curves young lady! J.Gleason would say...Want to get some looks at a Clemson tailgate? Try this oldie but goodie in the Muni lot..

I really want the Colts to stick McHomo in the mud today..Go Beat that still stuck in puberty punk McHomo, Andrew Luck :o. Be a Chief & choke KC..Colts/Rams/Pats & Saints my winners..but that Chargers D & Rivers? Go end Bill & Brady in Foxborough too...👀 

I actually agree with all of Zombo's picks.

Or at least, lets say that I hope each of his picks turns out right as those are the teams that I would like to see win:  Chiefs, Chargers, Rams, Saints.

And here I will give away one of the answers on the Trivia thread: (though I think someone did actually answer this):

IF the Chiefs win.....it will be the FIRST time  in history that the AFC title game will have been held in Kansas City.   Chiefs have never hosted the AFC title game since 1970 merger.  (they may have hosted an AFL title game circa 1963-69...though I would have to look that up)

Well here goes.....

Screenshot_2019-01-12-14-34-53.png

Saw the winners, but thought the games would be within the spreads.

16 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

Isn’t KCs run D sub par? Interesting Colts didn’t come out and try to establish the run.

Yup... seemed one early TFL of Mack put that plan in the dust bin.

And I sure did not see CJ Anderson coming off of the shelf to punch DAL's run D in the nads...

On 1/12/2019 at 8:55 AM, Zombo said:

The NFL Divisional Playoff Round. My favorite playoff weekend in Sports. The weaklings are gone. No one 'backed into" anything. The two teams that earned the first week byes in each conference trying to hold of a charging team springing off of a playoff win. And, boy are they charging this year: Colts, Chargers, Eagles and Cowboys ALL coming in on fire.

Last Week The Great Zomboni was a mediocre 2-2, Oh-for-Saturday, but then nailed Sunday. We have fixed our errors and are expecting a perfect weekend.

Error #1. After picking the Colts over the Texans all week in all formats, I changed my mind at the last minute and went with Texans. Never again. Trust the gut.

Error #2 . I sent Lisa to Dallas to cover the Boys and Kawks ... and apparently she didn't realize I was talking about the football game. She has been reassigned to a sport where we don't have to worry about her being surrounded by hetero men:

So with Zelda The Wonder Dog now in charge of scouting, let's see what goes down this week:

No denying how hot the Colts are, love the Coach and QB combo, but they may be a year away from reaching the next level. I also recognize the "soft" home playoff record of Andy Reid, and the Chiefs, going back before Andy Reid, but let's give Pat Mahomes some credit: This is a different team. They will treat their fans today. CHIEFS 34 COLTS 24

Dallas at Los Angeles Rams, Saturday, 8:15 PM

If you are from my generation, you remember this as an annual clash in the 70's. Back then the Cowboys were the glitzy America's Team with Roger Staubach, Drew Pearson, Tony Hill and Tony Dorsett. The Rams never found their Franchise QB but always contended with a fearsome defense with Jack Youngblood, Freddie "Hunter" Dryer and Gene "Hacksaw" Reynolds. Now it's the Rams with the glitzy offense and the Cowboys with the staunch D ... But the Rams and Aaron Donald can play some D, too, so this will be the weekend's blowout. RAMS 30 COWBOYS 7

San Diego Chargers at New England Patriots, Sunday 1:05 PM

As tough as it is to bet against Brady and Bellichick at Home, I've been riding the Charger train all year, and I'm not getting off at this stop. The Pats are "different" on the offensive side of the ball this year, and I think it is the receiving weapons. They all seem slower, especially Gronk, and Brady does not have a home run hitter. The Chargers, meanwhile are actually getting healthier as the season progresses, getting their own TE weapon back this week. I love that they signed a guy to just kick off this weekend too. They are all in. Is New England? Let the offseason drama begin... CHARGERS 27 PATRIOTS 20

Philadelphia at New Orleans, Sunday, 4:40 PM

I love the Nick Foles magic, but I especially love Eagle fans squirming over who their QB should be next year. For the first time since the last time the Browns played in this playoff round in 1994, my team knows EXACTLY who will be, and who should be, the quarterback next year. Peace at last. But back to this game: Foles plays well, but if you think I am betting against Drew Brees and Sean Payton in the Dome, you will should not read any further. I'm going to inch the Iggles within that 8-point spread, but as you can see, I don't think any of my picks win by less than a touchdown this week. That's confidence. SAINTS 34 EAGLES 27

TGZ

Three out of four. I fell victim to the "surely the Patriots are starting to slip NOW" school of thought ...

Z

So did I Z.. but boo hoo.... Maybe Mahomes will take them down

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

Three out of four. I fell victim to the "surely the Patriots are starting to slip NOW" school of thought ...

Z

I was more motivated by the wish that they had slipped....but not by the reality of it being possible. 

Brady is a fucking vampire.   Until and unless someone drives a wooden stake through his heart he will continue to suck the blood out of the NFL.

1 hour ago, nickers said:

Should be a couple real good battles Sunday.

I'm leaning Saints and Pats, but that may change 5 times or so over the next week.

Zombo

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Zombo said:

Should be a couple real good battles Sunday.

I'm leaning Saints and Pats, but that may change 5 times or so over the next week.

Zombo

I am hoping Chiefs take it (but that does not mean that I predict it....see what I said about Brady.   I am somewhat OK with either of the NFC teams. 

(Despite them originally being from Cleveland...way back when....I always felt that The Rams  were LAs team....and didn't care much for them while in St. Louis {to me, St. Louis's team should always be The Cardinals}.   I will always think of the Chargers as San Diego's team....even though they actually originated in LA)

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, nickers said:

Only if they can get a pass rush on Brady. Or Mahomes lays 50+ on the Patriots D.   LOL, or maybe the Chiefs can put the big freeze on Tom. Early forecast for Kansas City Sunday- high of 14, sunny.  :)   

4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

I was more motivated by the wish that they had slipped....but not by the reality of it being possible. 

Brady is a fucking vampire.   Until and unless someone drives a wooden stake through his heart  does a Theismann number on his leg he will continue to suck the blood out of the NFL.

FIFY Oh, I totally agree Gipper. Last thing I want to see is the Patriots again in the Super Bowl- barf.   

7 minutes ago, hoorta said:

Only if they can get a pass rush on Brady. Or Mahomes lays 50+ on the Patriots D.   LOL, or maybe the Chiefs can put the big freeze on Tom. Early forecast for Kansas City Sunday- high of 14, sunny.  :)   

I've seen enough Nor'Easters too..,, And we don't lack for crap weather around here.. I'm looking forward to some Cleveland playoff football games next season!!!..