Jump to content
calfoxwc

No Stupid Calfox 2019 mock draft here...

Recommended Posts

I was working on it, got not much so far.

But I really like this one. Not sure about the LT ?

but seems to be very smart.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/01/11/cleveland-browns-2019-nfl-mock-draft-post-freddie-kitchens/2/

 

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wilkins has been named dropped by me a few times so far. 

I still think we can find players similar to him outside the 1st.  But then again I haven't really sat down and watched prospects at any length.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That could be - I wonder if they could still get a potentially great DL in the second, like you mention, and get a star

LT in the first. There's no way I doubt Dorsey and co after last draft.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

That could be - I wonder if they could still get a potentially great DL in the second, like you mention, and get a star

LT in the first. There's no way I doubt Dorsey and co after last draft.

 

I’ll never scream at the tv again while Dorsey is drafting. 

  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

I was working on it, got not much so far.

But I really like this one. Not sure about the LT ?

but seems to be very smart.

https://dawgpounddaily.com/2019/01/11/cleveland-browns-2019-nfl-mock-draft-post-freddie-kitchens/2/

 

Wilkins may not drop out of the top 10. Let's see what happens at the Combine.  

 

1 minute ago, Comeonman said:

I’ll never scream at the tv again while Dorsey is drafting. 

LOL, like I did when Jim Brown announced Deshone Kizer. I almost barfed. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've been banging this drum for a while but if hakeem Butler really does fall to 6th round (which I can't believe he would) and we don't draft him I'll go crazy. As much as i love Dorsey passing up on him (that late) would be insane.

Hakeen Butler*, 225, Iowa State 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 225. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.57. 
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA. 

1/5/19: Butler is a big receiver who presents mismatch size for the NFL. He had 60 receptions for 1,318 yards and nine touchdowns in 2018. It was a big jump over his sophomore year when he recorded 41 catches for 697 yards and seven scores.

 

Edited by bjh2130
Spell name correctly.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
57 minutes ago, bjh2130 said:

I've been banging this drum for a while but if hakim Butler really does fall to 6th round (which I can't believe he would) and we don't draft him I'll go crazy. As much as i love Dorsey passing up on him (that late) would be insane.

Hakeen Butler*, 225, Iowa State 
Height: 6-6. Weight: 225. 
Projected 40 Time: 4.57. 
Projected Round (2019): 6-FA. 

1/5/19: Butler is a big receiver who presents mismatch size for the NFL. He had 60 receptions for 1,318 yards and nine touchdowns in 2018. It was a big jump over his sophomore year when he recorded 41 catches for 697 yards and seven scores.

 

You are banging the drum for a potential sixth round pick ? Really well maybe he will become like Tom Brady and become the greatest of all time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
58 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

You are banging the drum for a potential sixth round pick ? Really well maybe he will become like Tom Brady and become the greatest of all time

Not likely, but Marquis Colston in the seventh turned out to be one of the all time steals...

  • Upvote 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You are banging the drum for a potential sixth round pick ? Really well maybe he will become like Tom Brady and become the greatest of all time

I think Walter football has severely under rated him. I think he will be taken in round 2 or 3. My point being if he is there in the 6th (or even the 3rd imo) then we should grab him. Hakeem Butler. Watch his tape you tell me if you see a 6th rounder.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, The Gipper said:

You are banging the drum for a potential sixth round pick ? Really well maybe he will become like Tom Brady and become the greatest of all time

Hell here is a draft that has us picking him 49th overall

https://www.google.com/amp/s/draftwire.usatoday.com/gallery/2019-nfl-mock-draft-3-rounds-updated-kyler-murray-dwayne-haskins-nick-bosa-quinnen-williams/amp/

Another one from CBS sports has him going in the first. He has just started showing up in mock drafts.

Screenshot_2019-01-12-02-01-46.png

So yes i am banging the drum for a "potential 6th round draft pick" because i want to draft him if available in the 2nd round and I would think it crazy if he were there in the 6th as W.F. suggests and we passed on him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't see JD sitting on 11 pawns if he sees a king that impacts his ballclub..And some of his previous draft connections sit above #17 such as GB..The Kings will separate themselves in Elliot Woofe 👀 and others.. in no order, nor defensive scheme LB/DT/DE is the way most fans see it at the top of this draft..BPA of that group should be multi targeted. Than sit back, and get Dorsey a beer 🍺 as he drafts a damn kicker mid to late :D.. my good hearing aide kicks in about April Fools Day..should be good & heated up by then.. 🤞

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Are you his agent

If wanting to draft a guy that people believe has first round talent if he drops to the 3rd (or more ridiculously 6th) because i believe he is the big body, red zone, downfield athletic freak that we could use makes me his agent I guess I may as well be. Also in that case we have a ton of guys here who could be asked the very same thing for guys they like/want us to draft. Or maybe it's me having him on my board since week 2 when he wasn't even rated as one of the top 50 wrs in this draft and now finally he is starting to show up on draft boards.

If he ends up being terrible you can take me to task over it. If he gets drafted before the third round I'm not going to be upset we didn't pick him. We have other more pressing needs than that type of receiver so I'm not advocating picking him at 17 or 49 (wont be upset if we do pick him at 49 either), but if there at 81 or 97 I think we should snag him up.

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, bjh2130 said:

If wanting to draft a guy that people believe has first round talent if he drops to the 3rd (or more ridiculously 6th) because i believe he is the big body, red zone, downfield athletic freak that we could use makes me his agent I guess I may as well be. Also in that case we have a ton of guys here who could be asked the very same thing for guys they like/want us to draft. Or maybe it's me having him on my board since week 2 when he wasn't even rated as one of the top 50 wrs in this draft and now finally he is starting to show up on draft boards.

If he ends up being terrible you can take me to task over it. If he gets drafted before the third round I'm not going to be upset we didn't pick him. We have other more pressing needs than that type of receiver so I'm not advocating picking him at 17 or 49 (wont be upset if we do pick him at 49 either), but if there at 81 or 97 I think we should snag him up.

It’s just that it seems that he is an obscure  prospect for you to be drooling over. But maybe you’re right maybe he’ll be the best thing since Don Hudson. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

It’s just that it seems that he is an obscure  prospect for you to be drooling over. But maybe you’re right maybe he’ll be the best thing since Don Hudson. 

He's not an obscure Prospect. He's obscure on Walter Football. That's why I linked one and screenshot another where he was drafted in the second round and in the first-round respectively on those two mock drafts

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, Comeonman said:

I’ll never scream at the tv again while Dorsey is drafting. 

 

On 1/11/2019 at 9:08 PM, hoorta said:

LOL, like I did when Jim Brown announced Deshone Kizer. I almost barfed. 

I remember getting written up at the job I was working at in 2012 because I got so pissed that we drafted Brandon Weeden that I kicked a hole in the loading dock door.

  • Haha 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/11/2019 at 9:06 PM, Comeonman said:

I’ll never scream at the tv again while Dorsey is drafting. 

If it makes you feel any better - Taco is still trying to get his voice back after protesting Dorsey's horrific choices of Baker Mayfield, Denzel Ward and Nick Chubb.  

 

 

  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/12/2019 at 1:05 AM, hoorta said:

Not likely, but Marquis Colston in the seventh turned out to be one of the all time steals...

Especially considering he went to the same small school football program (Hofstra) that Wayne Chrebet went to that no longer exists today.  Neither guy was good enough for a scholarship?  Here's one that didn't have a happily ever after in the NFL - one of the QBs drafted ahead of Tom Brady was Hofstra's Gio Carmazzi by the 49ers (Brady's favorite team before the draft).

Edited by Flugel

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Flugel said:

Especially considering he went to the same small school football program (Hofstra) that Wayne Chrebet went to that no longer exists today.  Neither guy was good enough for a scholarship?  Here's one that didn't have a happily ever after in the NFL - one of the QBs drafted ahead of Tom Brady was Hofstra's Gio Carmazzi by the 49ers (Brady's favorite team before the draft).

Spergon Wynn 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, The Gipper said:

It’s just that it seems that he is an obscure  prospect for you to be drooling over. But maybe you’re right maybe he’ll be the best thing since Don Hudson. 

He's this draft's Mason Rudolph. 🤣

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×