THE BROWNS BOARD

Fake News Spreaders

TexasAg1969

8 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Because creation spring forth from a invisible man in the sky is so much more logical. 😄  An "I don't know" is the only logical answer. 

Creation having a creator does make more sense but logically speaking the agnostic view of I don't know is the best "logical" answer. I listed an article once showing the logical case for believing in God but since there was a philosophical argument made as part of the equation some won't accept it because that is not a scientific argument. Bottom line is neither the atheist nor the believer can prove their side with a scientific argument.

7 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

Gnostic - Relating to knowledge.

Everyone is agnostic, no matter how much you believe. You don't know. Doesn't stop you from pretending to know of course. 

Life is very short compared to eternity so the real answer will come soon to both of us won't it? If I am right I will go to heaven not because of anything I have done but all because of what Jesus did on the cross for me. The best you have to hope for is to believe when you die you will be dead like a dog for all of eternity or there is something  worse than eternal death or nothingness that God has made for those who refused His salvation and will end up separated from God for eternity. I'm taking the life preserver thrown my way by the Creator God.

and yet, I know differently - or I wouldn't have made it to the sixth grade.

We all have our own beliefs - I don't get why Christian beliefs are ridiculed.

2 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Gnostic - Relating to knowledge.

Everyone is agnostic, no matter how much you believe. You don't know. Doesn't stop you from pretending to know of course.

And all this time I believed agnostic was about aggies who are always picking their nose.🐽

2 hours ago, calfoxwc said:

and yet, I know differently - or I wouldn't have made it to the sixth grade.

We all have our own beliefs - I don't get why Christian beliefs are ridiculed.

Because there isn't a Muslim version of OBF on this board...

If you had a magic Hindu cow save you, I'd ridicule that too 

38 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

Because there isn't a Muslim version of OBF on this board...

If you had a magic Hindu cow save you, I'd ridicule that too 

And I don't take offense because you ridicule what you don't understand.  Why should I be offended, you are like a blind man trying to judge art. There is nothing new under the sun. Those like you are found in the bible thousands of years ago and the description still fits:

1 Cor 1:18

The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

2 Peter 2:12

These men are like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be captured and destroyed. They blaspheme in matters they do not understand, and like such creatures, they too will be destroyed.

Jude 1:10

Whatever these people do not understand, they slander. Like irrational animals, they are destroyed by the very things they know by instinct. 

1 Cor 2:14

But the person without the Spirit does not receive what comes from God’s Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually.

41 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

And I don't take offense because you ridicule what you don't understand.  Why should I be offended, you are like a blind man trying to judge art. There is nothing new under the sun. Those like you are found in the bible thousands of years ago and the description still fits:

1 Cor 1:18

The message of the cross is foolish to those who are headed for destruction! But we who are being saved know it is the very power of God.

2 Peter 2:12

These men are like irrational animals, creatures of instinct, born to be captured and destroyed. They blaspheme in matters they do not understand, and like such creatures, they too will be destroyed.

Jude 1:10

Whatever these people do not understand, they slander. Like irrational animals, they are destroyed by the very things they know by instinct. 

1 Cor 2:14

But the person without the Spirit does not receive what comes from God’s Spirit, because it is foolishness to him; he is not able to understand it since it is evaluated spiritually.

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live. – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are. – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

Quoting the bible to prove the bible is stupid, btw. Circular argument. Do the same with any "holy" book.

2 minutes ago, cccjwh said:

It takes a great deal of bravery to stand up to our enemies, but just as much to stand up to our friends. – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

It does not do well to dwell on dreams and forget to live. – Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone

It matters not what someone is born, but what they grow to be. – Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

We’ve all got both light and dark inside us. What matters is the part we choose to act on. That’s who we really are. – Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix

There will be those that question the word of the good books. They will not understand the word of Magic and try to sway you. Be strong in your convictions. Potter be with you.

- Another Harry Potter book

3 hours ago, cccjwh said:

Quoting the bible to prove the bible is stupid, btw. Circular argument. Do the same with any "holy" book.

“Fat, drunk, and stupid is no way to go through life, son.” - Dean Wormer - Animal House

Archived