THE BROWNS BOARD

Fake News Spreaders

TexasAg1969

On the surface, I'm not surprised. Will be interesting to look into this more though.

I think older generations not growing up with the current state of the internet may have something to do with it too. Maybe they're not as knowledgeable of the BS and other fake things online. 

It is also interesting how they determined fake news. By actual take stories. Not just really really biased ones like we see on here.

1 hour ago, cccjwh said:

Come on Texas, you know it isn't fake news. It just a different point of view with alternate facts. 🙄

Kind of like this guy who has now run us into $2Trillion in debt in 2 years after all of the warning signs no one paid heed to? What a genius! Just ask him or any Trumpette.🤗🤴👺🤡

Thank God for Russian & Chinese savior money. Maybe they will Kompromat the rest of us too.🤑

6 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

Former Border Patrol Chief Obliterates Liberal Media’s ‘Fact-Checks’ of Trump’s Address

https://www.newsbusters.org/blogs/nb/nicholas-fondacaro/2019/01/10/former-border-patrol-chief-obliterates-liberal-medias-fact

So you read this, and thought, "that's all I need to prove those liberal claims are incorrect"?

4 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If you want to prove the article I posted is wrong have at it.

Your article doesn't show any evidence, it just some guys saying now that it not right. He give no study or any stats. 

Again, a complete disingenuous statement. So you want to say, because more drugs enter the points of entry, therefore it’s not a problem in between the ports. That's just fictitious. It is correct, more drugs, enter throughout point of entry,

Another liberal media suggestion Carlson picked Morgan’s brain on was their claim that studies showed illegal immigrants committed crimes at a lower rate than native-born Americans. “I've never seen the study either and I pose that to somebody to show me that stat and show me how they can come up with that. Because can I show you the opposite,” he declared.

Here are a couple. Hey I guess your expert doesn't know how to use google.

https://www.cato.org/publications/immigration-research-policy-brief/criminal-immigrants-texas-illegal-immigrant

https://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/doi/full/10.1111/1745-9125.12175

And I would say, one last point is, 127 Border Patrol agents have died. They didn’t die playing Monopoly. They died defending, being the frontline defenders of our borders, trying to apprehend 17,000 people, the bad people, that Secretary Nielsen mentioned. I wondered if he asked their families if this was a manufactured crisis.

Since 2003, 6 Border Patrol have been murdered. But that 127 sure sounds better for your narrative. 

About half of all agents who died on duty from 2003 through 2017 died in car accidents (Figure 1). About 18 percent died because of assault or murder and 18 percent due to other health-related accidents such as heart attacks or heat stroke. Most surprising, 12 percent died from drowning in accidents. I counted the death of Border Patrol agent Luis Aguilar as murder because a car driven by a suspected smuggler struck him. I counted the death of Border Patrol agent Nicholas D. Greenig as caused by a car accident because he struck a large animal with his patrol car. Agent Javier Vega Jr. was murdered while off duty but I counted his death as a result of murder because the CBP website records him as dying in the line of duty for this reason:

https://www.cato.org/blog/border-patrol-agent-deaths-line-duty

I'm sure there plenty more bullshit to go through, but I'll pass. It was posted by someone who doesn't give a shit about what is true, so it's a surprise to no one that it was full of fake news. 

3 hours ago, TexasAg1969 said:

Old conservative white men.  LOL!  Got more than a few here. Get your tin foil hats here with the newest MAGA logo added at no extra cost. 😁

https://cosmosmagazine.com/society/who-spreads-fake-news-overwhelmingly-old-white-men

Well glad I don't fall into the category.  I'm only 64.

2 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I was sure I would never grow older when I was in my teens.

"Once was a thought inside me head. 'Fore I reached thirty, I'd be dead. But somehow on and on I go. I keep on rollin' with the flow." Ironically enough he died of a misdiagnosed pulmonary embolism at age 62. You're living on borrowed time DieHard.😬

17 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

"Once was a thought inside me head. 'Fore I reached thirty, I'd be dead. But somehow on and on I go. I keep on rollin' with the flow." Ironically enough he died of a misdiagnosed pulmonary embolism at age 62. You're living on borrowed time DieHard.😬

I think we all are, except maybe me.😁

15 minutes ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I think we all are, except maybe me.😁

LOL! I discovered in a rather unusual way that that belief existed in me without ever voicing it for years after Vietnam. A fellow Vietnam vet asked me once many years later when we were discussing our experiences there when I thought I might die and the answer just popped out of my mouth, "I don't die, everybody else does." Eventually we both just laughed about that spontaneous answer being the end result of coming back when many others did not. I don't believe it anymore, but at that time if was sure right there just out of conscious thought until the right person under the right conditions asked the right question.

But............................................somehow on and on I go............................................🌊🤗

6 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If you want to prove the article I posted is wrong have at it.

That's... Not how this works. You posted what is essentially an opinion piece. On a very, very openly right wing biased site. I get this guy worked on the border but when he just makes claims without evidence you're not debunking anything. 

But... then again... Literal Bible and all that. I don't expect you to get it. 

19 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

LOL! I discovered in a rather unusual way that that belief existed in me without ever voicing it for years after Vietnam. A fellow Vietnam vet asked me once many years later when we were discussing our experiences there when I thought I might die and the answer just popped out of my mouth, "I don't die, everybody else does." Eventually we both just laughed about that spontaneous answer being the end result of coming back when many others did not. I don't believe it anymore, but at that time if was sure right there just out of conscious thought until the right person under the right conditions asked the right question.

But............................................somehow on and on I go............................................🌊🤗

I had one brother die in Vietnam in 1969 a couple of weeks before he was due to come home.  One of my other brothers served 2 tours. I went at the end of the war and left before my one year tour was over.  I was barely old enough to go, but actually volunteerd because I wanted to kick the shit out of the NVA and the Vietcong for killing my brother Jim.   I learned quickly that John Wayne only exists on the silver screen.  

1 minute ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I had one brother die in Vietnam in 1969 a couple of weeks before he was due to come home.  One of my other brothers served 2 tours. I went at the end of the war and left before my one year tour was over.  I was barely old enough to go, but actually volunteerd because I wanted to kick the shit out of the NVA and the Vietcong for killing my brother Jim.   I learned quickly that John Wayne only exists on the silver screen.  

I'm sorry for your loss. And as I have often told people who want to know about any medals I received, "The only real heroes are the ones who gave their lives for our country."

May God bless you and your brother, may he rest in peace.

1 hour ago, MLD Woody said:

That's... Not how this works. You posted what is essentially an opinion piece. On a very, very openly right wing biased site. I get this guy worked on the border but when he just makes claims without evidence you're not debunking anything. 

But... then again... Literal Bible and all that. I don't expect you to get it. 

Yes it works that way (if I want it to). The author of the article I posted was a former border patrol chief who spoke about what he knew firsthand and admitted to what he didn't know. I will go with what he says versus someone on the forum who does a google search.

Here is the video of the former border patrol chief, I report and you decide:

https://video.foxnews.com/v/5987722069001/?#sp=show-clips

And here is an article stating the same thing that 127 border patrol agents have died in the line of duty:

Families of fallen El Paso Border Patrol agents remember loved ones

"In total, 127 Border Patrol agents have died in the line of duty since the federal agency’s inception."

https://cbs4local.com/news/local/families-of-fallen-el-paso-border-patrol-agents-remember-loved-ones

10 minutes ago, MLD Woody said:

You don't get it. But the part of the post above that I quoted says everything we need to know.

If I post an article from an expert in their field I won't waste time fact checking with a google search everything said but if you want to then have at it. If you find something not true with a google search let me know. In the article I posted I found with a google search articles that backed up what the border patrol chief said so that combined with his first hand knowledge of the subject I will stick with what he says versus a forum member who only google searches without having any first hand experience.

42 minutes ago, OldBrownsFan said:

If I post an article from an expert in their field I won't waste time fact checking with a google search everything said but if you want to then have at it. If you find something not true with a google search let me know. In the article I posted I found with a google search articles that backed up what the border patrol chief said so that combined with his first hand knowledge of the subject I will stick with what he says versus a forum member who only google searches without having any first hand experience.

1) You don't have first hand experience

2) His first hand experience, and whatever biases that entails, does not outrank data and research

3) Nothing in your original link from a clearly biased site included extensive data or research to backup his claims

4) You, and others on here, couldn't pick out a legitimate source if it smacked you in the face. I have no doubt you could use Google to find an article that agrees with you, but RealJesusChristianNews' opinion piece on immigration probably isn't a great source

5) I really don't think you can distinguish between any of this and I think it is how your brain is wired. It leads to the level of religious beliefs you have, critical thinking, willingness to believe actual fake news, etc. It's all tied together .

1 minute ago, MLD Woody said:

1) You don't have first hand experience

2) His first hand experience, and whatever biases that entails, does not outrank data and research

3) Nothing in your original link from a clearly biased site included extensive data or research to backup his claims

4) You, and others on here, couldn't pick out a legitimate source if it smacked you in the face. I have no doubt you could use Google to find an article that agrees with you, but RealJesusChristianNews' opinion piece on immigration probably isn't a great source

5) I really don't think you can distinguish between any of this and I think it is how your brain is wired. It leads to the level of religious beliefs you have, critical thinking, willingness to believe actual fake news, etc. It's all tied together .

I feel sorry for those like you who are unable to see the forest for the trees. Those who cannot grasp the bigger picture and get tripped up over word semantics but it is probably just the way atheists like yourself are wired.  For example Jesus said if we have faith we could move mountains yet no mountains have moved so obviously those like yourself believe He was lying or mistaken...everything in the NT must be false because the mountains have stayed put. The real problem though as a "logical" atheist you have that problem of believing that creation sprang forth out of nothing, a most illogical position that goes against all science.

4 hours ago, DieHardBrownsFan said:

I trust people on the line (Border Patrol, Customs and Border Protection), more than some liberal hacks on MSNBC or one sided Google Search.

I don't dispute the 127 BP agents killed in the line of duty. But it is a bit misleading in that neither person in the interview actually clarified that the 127 deaths have occurred since he inception of the Border Patrol in 1924 and would include all borders including the Canadian where illegal booze runners were being intercepted during prohibition until the amendment was rescinded in 1933. They left it for you to think these were all recent and part of the crisis. In fact he said the "127 died trying to defend our border from the 17,000 bad people that Sec Neilson mentioned". That is just not correct.

49 minutes ago, TexasAg1969 said:

I don't dispute the 127 BP agents killed in the line of duty. But it is a bit misleading in that neither person in the interview actually clarified that the 127 deaths have occurred since he inception of the Border Patrol in 1924 and would include all borders including the Canadian where illegal booze runners were being intercepted during prohibition until the amendment was rescinded in 1933. They left it for you to think these were all recent and part of the crisis. In fact he said the "127 died trying to defend our border from the 17,000 bad people that Sec Neilson mentioned". That is just not correct.

I have read that same statistic in other articles (127 killed in line of duty) and it could be technically correct in how the Border Patrol lists those who died in the line of duty such as car accidents (maybe while in pursuit of illegals) etc...This border patrol chief had many years experience and I don't believe he was out trying to deliberately deceive anyone and from my way of thinking even if there were only 25 border patrol agents (or so)  who were actually murdered by illegal immigrants that still would be 25 too many. I would agree the 127 killed in the line of duty stat when the numbers are broken down is deceiving because you get the impression all these agents were actually murdered by illegals and it does count the Canadian border as well. Because this stat needed clarification I would not discount everything said by the former chief border patrol agent. 

For me personally the fixes that are needed at the border I want to see those who actually work on the border (like border patrol agents) and who know what the problems are leading the way in how we fix the problems at the border. I would be fine with following whatever recommendations they make. 

9 hours ago, OldBrownsFan said:

I feel sorry for those like you who are unable to see the forest for the trees. Those who cannot grasp the bigger picture and get tripped up over word semantics but it is probably just the way atheists like yourself are wired.  For example Jesus said if we have faith we could move mountains yet no mountains have moved so obviously those like yourself believe He was lying or mistaken...everything in the NT must be false because the mountains have stayed put. The real problem though as a "logical" atheist you have that problem of believing that creation sprang forth out of nothing, a most illogical position that goes against all science.

Because creation spring forth from a invisible man in the sky is so much more logical. 😄  An "I don't know" is the only logical answer. 

Archived