THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie's Staff searches

Canton Mike

The @Browns have smashed the HC search and coordinator searches out of the damn park.. HC Freddie Kitchens, OC Todd Monken, DC Steve Wilks... that is a hell of a staff to guide a team trending in the green... take notice @NFL

1 hour ago, flyingfooldoug said:

We need a headhunter type and a good hands hellbentforleather returner. Both have been sorely missed. 

That would be Seattle's Tyler Lockett. I pushed him like hell on this board before draft day that year and we passed and took Nate Orchard @ 51 overall and Lockett went 69. But no worries we went even higher that year for Danny Shelton and choke, gasp, hack................Cam Erving. What a draft room team we had back in '15.🤮

On 1/15/2019 at 6:21 AM, TexasAg1969 said:

That would be Seattle's Tyler Lockett. I pushed him like hell on this board before draft day that year and we passed and took Nate Orchard @ 51 overall and Lockett went 69. But no worries we went even higher that year for Danny Shelton and choke, gasp, hack................Cam Erving. What a draft room team we had back in '15.🤮

Wasn’t that the stink, stank, stunk trio? Karma owes us some draft picks

The Colts parted ways with their OL coach, who was a McDaniels' hire, as Frank Reich wants "his guy."

That OL was piecemeal at the start of the season, lost their RG and was regarded as one of the NFL's better lines. I believe he'd be a good addition if an OL coach is not in place.

29 minutes ago, AP1 said:

The Colts parted ways with their OL coach, who was a McDaniels' hire, as Frank Reich wants "his guy."

That OL was piecemeal at the start of the season, lost their RG and was regarded as one of the NFL's better lines. I believe he'd be a good addition if an OL coach is not in place.

The Browns already hired James Campen from Green Bay to the same position as OL coach...   

"Campen joins the Browns after 20 years with the Green Bay Packers, 15 of which as a coach.

Campen was promoted to run game coordinator/offensive line coach in 2018 and oversaw the offensive line since 2007. Prior to that, Campen filled the role of assistant offensive line/quality control coach for two seasons (2004-05). In nine of Campen’s 11 seasons as offensive line coach, the Packers ranked top 10 in the league in scoring and finished in the top 10 in total offense in eight of those 11 seasons. Campen helped six Packers offensive linemen earn Pro Bowl recognition since 2010, the only team in the league to have six different members of the offensive line selected over that span."

• Like 1

On 1/11/2019 at 2:57 PM, darren15 said:

....Browns want to interview Spagnolo too

Anybody heard any news on to what really happened here^^^was spag's willing to interview? did we jump the gun on hiring Wilks? Dorsey's 58,Spag's 59 & both spent time at U Conn & surrounding areas..I would love to add a cherry on the top of these hires by adding a guy that has coached at every defensive position. With adding some piss & vinegar to a GW-less defensive coaching staff..am having a hard time believing spag's has not been on any other teams radar after a week of us showing any interest..or did spag's have any interest? Edit-i was shocked grossi avoided this question in presser

16 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Anybody heard any news on to what really happened here^^^was spag's willing to interview? did we jump the gun on hiring Wilks? Dorsey's 58,Spag's 59 & both spent time at U Conn & surrounding areas..I would love to add a cherry on the top of these hires by adding a guy that has coached at every defensive position. With adding some piss & vinegar to a GW-less defensive coaching staff..am having a hard time believing spag's has not been on any other teams radar after a week of us showing any interest..or did spag's have any interest? Edit-i was shocked grossi avoided this question in presser

the  assistant staff is pretty well filled out, no room for a high profile guy like Spags...   

• Sad 1

We have just taken Alabama's DC to coach our D line ....WOW

BREAKING: #Alabama DC Tosh Lupoi is going to take a job on the Cleveland Browns staff, coaching the D-line, per source. Was a huge recruiting force the Tide as primary recruiter for Tua, Jonah Williams, Raekwon Davis, Najee Harris, Alex Leatherwood, Trevon Diggs & Dylan Moses.

• Thanks 1

25 minutes ago, darren15 said:

We have just taken Alabama's DC to coach our D line ....WOW

BREAKING: #Alabama DC Tosh Lupoi is going to take a job on the Cleveland Browns staff, coaching the D-line, per source. Was a huge recruiting force the Tide as primary recruiter for Tua, Jonah Williams, Raekwon Davis, Najee Harris, Alex Leatherwood, Trevon Diggs & Dylan Moses.

LOL, except you can't "recruit" in the pros- well , he's probably not going to be a factor "recruiting" FA Jadeveon Clowney to come here. He'll be franchised anyway.   But can he coach is the question... :)  

2 hours ago, hoorta said:

LOL, except you can't "recruit" in the pros- well , he's probably not going to be a factor "recruiting" FA Jadeveon Clowney to come here. He'll be franchised anyway.   But can he coach is the question... :)  

It's about being about to relate to these kids 😉

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/1/16/18186172/browns-will-hire-al-holcomb-as-their-linebackers-coach-and-run-game-coordinator

Holcombe new linebackers coach .... we are assembling an all star cast according to lots of people on twitter

1 hour ago, darren15 said:

https://www.dawgsbynature.com/2019/1/16/18186172/browns-will-hire-al-holcomb-as-their-linebackers-coach-and-run-game-coordinator

Holcombe new linebackers coach .... we are assembling an all star cast according to lots of people on twitter

Just a few minutes ago you couldn't get anyone to go to Cleveland, now it seems to be a hot choice. Nice!

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, mjp28 said:

Just a few minutes ago you couldn't get anyone to go to Cleveland, now it seems to be a hot choice. Nice!

They have been watching all those athletes brought in that were squandered by Huey,  turn into a nightmare for opponents almost overnight. Wanna make a name coaching? Jump on the bullet train before it leaves out of the station too fast to catch up.

16 hours ago, hoorta said:

The Browns already hired James Campen from Green Bay to the same position as OL coach...   

"Campen joins the Browns after 20 years with the Green Bay Packers, 15 of which as a coach.

Campen was promoted to run game coordinator/offensive line coach in 2018 and oversaw the offensive line since 2007. Prior to that, Campen filled the role of assistant offensive line/quality control coach for two seasons (2004-05). In nine of Campen’s 11 seasons as offensive line coach, the Packers ranked top 10 in the league in scoring and finished in the top 10 in total offense in eight of those 11 seasons. Campen helped six Packers offensive linemen earn Pro Bowl recognition since 2010, the only team in the league to have six different members of the offensive line selected over that span."

Thanks for the clarification! 

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

Has coached dline and OLB his whole career. I think he can handle it if the Bama d line is any indication.

Here's the bottom line...Most of these guys realize, that the Browns are the "up and coming team" similar to what the Rams were just before McVay took over. If this team performs as well or better than expected MOST of them will be getting head coaching interviews. I hate to say they are using the Browns as a potential stepping stone, but that is kind of what the NFL does in their coaching searches. I'm not going to complain. If the Browns win and develop a good culture that sustains winning aka NE, than I'm ok with the one year and go mentality. It's all about bring a SB championship to this organization!!