THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie's Staff searches

Canton Mike

I wonder how much coordinators are paid ?, reason I ask is I was thinking of applying for one of them myself .DC or OC I am not fussy ( Dorsey can choose)...just wanting to make sure I wont need to take a big pay cut. 

Pagano? Because the Colts D was so dominant during his HC years there? Because he was the brains behind the Ravens D??? No thanks...

20 hours ago, hoorta said:

Well from the same source- here's some guys out there as possible DCs...   https://247sports.com/nfl/cleveland-browns/LongFormArticle/Potential-defensive-coordinators-for-the-Browns-127586281

Decent article... This guy popped out at me. He has the 'Boy's 2ndary ballin'...

Cowboys defensive backs coach and passing game coordinator Kris Richard

8932602.jpg?fit=bounds&crop=620:320,offset-y0.50&width=620&height=320(Photo: Matthew Emmons, USA TODAY Sports)

Cowboys defensive backs coach and passing game coordinator Kris Richard was a third round pick in the 2002 NFL Draft by the Seattle Seahawks. After a six year playing career, he joined USC's coaching staff as a graduate assistant. His NFL career began with the Seahawks as assistant defensive backs coach in 2010. He was there eight seasons before being hired to his current role. Richard may want the opportunity to be a full-time defensive coordinator again. Cleveland could offer him that title.

3 hours ago, beare said:

saw jim bob cooter to interview for oc 

Me likee... Country OC for a country HC...

3 hours ago, beare said:

saw jim bob cooter to interview for oc 

41 minutes ago, Tour2ma said:

Me likee... Country OC for a country HC...

Browns or The Dukes of Hazard?  :D  

I take it the guys who have followed Pagano's career aren't that thrilled about him.... 

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

Browns or The Dukes of Hazard?  :D  

I take it the guys who have followed Pagano's career aren't that thrilled about him.... 

I too think Pagano is too passive for this team...

Cabot (with no source) reports minor details in Freddies contract is holding up presser (she would know nothing about this,) breaking down candidates https://www.brownszone.com/2019/01/10/vance-joseph-chuck-pagano-todd-monken-candidates-for-coordinator-jobs-per-reports/   I'd say, no time now for presser MKC, Freddie's doing business.. 

9 minutes ago, gumby73 said:

Cabot reports minor details in Freddies contract is holding up presser (she would know nothing about this) breaking down candidates https://www.brownszone.com/2019/01/10/vance-joseph-chuck-pagano-todd-monken-candidates-for-coordinator-jobs-per-reports/   I'd say, no time now for presser MKC, Freddie's doing business.. 

Ya, it’s not like he’s a new hire. It’s a promotion. But he’s the new pilot now. 

On 1/9/2019 at 7:14 PM, tiamat63 said:

whole heartedly endorse this.  Guy is an asshole but coaches the hell out of defense, uses concepts similar to Williams and might be one of the more creative DC's in getting exotic with 4 man pressures.

I like Schwartz too; but this would only be a lateral move for the DC of the defending SB Champions. 

Edited by Flugel

1 hour ago, Flugel said:

I like Schwartz too; but this would only be a lateral move for the DC of the defending SB Champions. 

Well aware,  I'm basing this on Philly parting ways with him.   

I cannot get on board with Pagano and I feel it would represent a step back for this defense. 

If Jim Bob Cooter gets the job, can you imagine the memes and quotes being thrown around...Alabama boy Freddie Kitchens and Jim Bob Cooter. Oh boy. People are going to have a field day. 

I have target Kris Richard as a DC potential since the beginning. I would love it, although, with guys like him and Monken (TB OC) it may only be a one year gig as they are surely going to get HC jobs in the near future. Especially if this Browns team makes the playoffs (which they should) next year. 

Personally, the two guys above would be my top choices but I would be good with Vance Joseph, Dan Cambell from NO, Pagano, etc. I want experienced HC's on the sideline with Freddie at least for the first year or two. 

13 minutes ago, Bigalow80 said:

If Jim Bob Cooter gets the job, can you imagine the memes and quotes being thrown around...Alabama boy Freddie Kitchens and Jim Bob Cooter. Oh boy. People are going to have a field day. 

I have target Kris Richard as a DC potential since the beginning. I would love it, although, with guys like him and Monken (TB OC) it may only be a one year gig as they are surely going to get HC jobs in the near future. Especially if this Browns team makes the playoffs (which they should) next year. 

Personally, the two guys above would be my top choices but I would be good with Vance Joseph, Dan Cambell from NO, Pagano, etc. I want experienced HC's on the sideline with Freddie at least for the first year or two. 

Richard is the sexy pick, but I kinda like Vance because he's still young, has loads of experience, isnt going to get another HC gig for awhile and has experience with great pass rushers.

I do kinda like the idea of an African American DC to be a stern father figure to our defense as I think Schoebert is the only white guy on the D, and it would balance the locker room with all the Freddie's and Jim Bob's running the O.

Z

15 hours ago, CLEVELANDwantsPLAYOFFS said:

On Vance Joseph when he was brought to Denver:

Joseph’s NFL coaching tree has strong roots and is influenced from two of the league's best defensive minds, Mike Nolan and Wade Phillips, two coaches who have had infinite success in the NFL—not to mention some extremely successful stints in Denver. Nolan and Phillips both run a 3-4 defense, Joseph’s preferred scheme as well. Which should allow for a smooth transition for the Broncos 'D'.

Denver's newest head coach has also shown some great adaptability in his last two stops as he was the defensive back’s coach with the Cincinnati Bengals in a 4-3 scheme, having great success, he then coordinated the Miami Dolphins defense this year in a 4-3 scheme that better suited his personnel.

Though only having been a coordinator for a year, Joseph’s coaching success isn’t simply measured in his reputation as a great leader and human being but as a high-level teacher especially in the art of creating turnovers.

Is that Mike Nolan Sr.....or Mike Nolan Jr.     Of course, Mike Nolan Sr. is deceased....but I believe Mike Nolan Jr. is still out there and perhaps available to be hired. 

Why would we not consider the teacher rather than the student?

1 hour ago, Bigalow80 said:

So.....if we hire those two.....does that mean then that the stadium would then have to be called    DawgPatch?  

7f665da7e1f07b84bd8082b51b86be24--lil-ab

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

So.....if we hire those two.....does that mean then that the stadium would then have to be called    DawgPatch?  

7f665da7e1f07b84bd8082b51b86be24--lil-ab

First Energy Stadium would have about 30 old cars up on cinder blocks in front of the place.

Not to mention a pickup truck with a gun rack, and a nice set of curtains over the back window.

1 hour ago, Canton Dawg said:

First Energy Stadium would have about 30 old cars up on cinder blocks in front of the place.

Not to mention a pickup truck with a gun rack, and a nice set of curtains over the back window.

And a really lovely confederate flag flying off the back with an old hound dog named Blue guarding it.🤩

Scratch Joseph as DC, signing on with the Cardinals...  Williams interviewing with the Jets as DC....  

Steve Wilkes now being mentioned for Browns DC. Fired HC of Cardinals... 20 years coaching experience,  Runs a 4-3. Just because you suck as a HC doesn't make you a bad coordinator....  

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, darren15 said:

Just watched Cleveland Browns daily and Dorsey walked past the window with Wilks ....Browns want to interview Spagnolo too

LOL, so when's the big press conference? Inquiring minds want to know...  

OK Browns ....make your move NOW

Assistant shocker: Gary Kubiak will not be Denver’s offensive coordinator, league sources tell ESPN. After lengthy discussions, Denver and Kubiak had different ideas on staffing and offensive philosophies. Both sides going in different directions.