THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie's Staff searches

Canton Mike

I think that Dorsey is going to choose people in his and Kitchens mold. Not pedigrees, not men who were "IN CHARGE" when good things happened to this team or that team. They are going to bring people in that others want to follow and work for.

Not to be mistaken with weak leaders who let the rabble run free.. But men (and I wouldn't rule out a woman getting a position under Dorsey/Kitchens) who inspire people to want to work for them.. If you look at the picks that Dorsey has made, what one defining attribute seems to now be evident after a year of watching them?

Baker, Kitchens(which we now find out was really a Dorsey pick and not Hue or Haley), Landry, etc all have a defining characteristic. They all pull the best out of those around them. Not by force or because they were told to do that, but rather that is their innate personality.. Watch every pick up and down the structure from here on out, so long as Dorsey(and by extension Kitchens) is doing the picking, they are going to have to FIRST and FOREMOST pass the test of being a good leader that leads not because they were put in charge, but because people want to work for them.. From the Ball boy to the GM. This structure could be incredible..

The only potential stumbling block is the Haslam's who are egotistical and arrogant leader types who view leadership as the only criteria for people to respect them. They have money and power and they are in charge. That in their minds make them great leaders.. If Haslam decides he has soured on Dorsey's radially different management approach, he will be canned.. But so far so good.. He seems to be differing to Dorsey..

Bobpound! 

OC

More

After impressing the #Jets in head-coach interviews, former #Bucs OC Todd Monken will interview with the #Browns for their vacant OC job this weekend, source said. He also spoke with #Jaguars about their vacant OC job.

#Browns moving quickly to fill out first-time head coach Freddie Kitchens’ staff. Interviews are already being skedded and here’s the kicker: I’m told GM John Dorsey has a significant role in choosing assistants. Remember: @MaryKayCabot told us Kitchens reports directly to Dorsey

Chuck Pagano might be the front-runner for the DC job in Arizona. But new Browns coach Freddie Kitchens is also very interested in him, per source.

16 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

In a couple weeks, the Browns could probably land Manny Diaz and Kliff Kingsbury, they dont seem to stay at a job they get hired to for more than a couple weeks.

Then in the weeks that follow, we can revisit this lol 

Where have you been...under a rock?  .Kingsbury was hired as HC in Arizona  three days ago.

2 hours ago, The Gipper said:

Where have you been...under a rock?  .Kingsbury was hired as HC in Arizona  three days ago.

He's pointing out that Kingsbury was just hired less than a month ago at USC for the offensive coordinator job and then left immediately to take the head coaching job at Arizona. A joke that he doesn't stay in jobs very long. same with Manny Diaz taking the temple job then going to Miami

56 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Yes, I know that. That was my EXACT point in my post, Manny Diaz left Miami to be HC at Temple, days later went back to Miami. Kingsbury took OC job for USC in December, less that a month later he leaves them. Still don't see what to give credit for? 

5 hours ago, Gunz41 said:

I dont know what you are giving him credit for?

At least Colin bothering to look up some stats, before he starts spewing his personal opinion BS.

The way he piles on against the Browns, seems he just loves to kick teams when they're down. LOL, now Cleveland fans are arrogant because after 20 or so years in the dumpster we're excited about the upswing?

That coming from the master of arrogance?

if they went the college route i wouldn't mind taking a peak at Jon Tenuta who is currently the db coach at University of Cincinnati. I love the defense they played this year aggressive, rally to the ball type, rugby tackling (when denzel ward). I know Marcus Freeman is their DC but that is a jon tenuta luke Fickell defense. Freeman still deserves credit

5 hours ago, BobPOUND! said:

I think that Dorsey is going to choose people in his and Kitchens mold. Not pedigrees, not men who were "IN CHARGE" when good things happened to this team or that team. They are going to bring people in that others want to follow and work for.

Not to be mistaken with weak leaders who let the rabble run free.. But men (and I wouldn't rule out a woman getting a position under Dorsey/Kitchens) who inspire people to want to work for them.. If you look at the picks that Dorsey has made, what one defining attribute seems to now be evident after a year of watching them?

Baker, Kitchens(which we now find out was really a Dorsey pick and not Hue or Haley), Landry, etc all have a defining characteristic. They all pull the best out of those around them. Not by force or because they were told to do that, but rather that is their innate personality.. Watch every pick up and down the structure from here on out, so long as Dorsey(and by extension Kitchens) is doing the picking, they are going to have to FIRST and FOREMOST pass the test of being a good leader that leads not because they were put in charge, but because people want to work for them.. From the Ball boy to the GM. This structure could be incredible..

The only potential stumbling block is the Haslam's who are egotistical and arrogant leader types who view leadership as the only criteria for people to respect them. They have money and power and they are in charge. That in their minds make them great leaders.. If Haslam decides he has soured on Dorsey's radially different management approach, he will be canned.. But so far so good.. He seems to be differing to Dorsey..

Bobpound! 

There was an interesting article on NFL.com about the number of coaches that have fallen off the Parcells - Seifert trees. The common denominator is both gave their underlings room to grow. FWIW, Freddie spent a year under Parcells in Dallas.

Looks like Dorsey is going to have significant input on the lower level coaching hires, which I approve of. He's pretty thorough about keeping tabs on personnel. And I wouldn't doubt for a second, he had the green light to ax any of (the now former) coaching staff he didn't like.

3 hours ago, darren15 said:

Chuck Pagano might be the front-runner for the DC job in Arizona. But new Browns coach Freddie Kitchens is also very interested in him, per source.

But I heard somewhere Chuck is a 3-4 guy? Or is he amenable to adapting to our personnel?

47 minutes ago, hoorta said:

At least Colin bothering to look up some stats, before he starts spewing his personal opinion BS.

The way he piles on against the Browns, seems he just loves to kick teams when they're down. LOL, now Cleveland fans are arrogant because after 20 or so years in the dumpster we're excited about the upswing?

That coming from the master of arrogance?

The funniest thing I heard from him about the Browns, "they have a little success and they act some way, this is the same organization that thought Bill Belichick wasnt any good." 

I have never tweeted in my life, but wanted to tweet him just to tell him how wrong and stupid he was, THAT organization is one that he praises.

He is a talking head, and when he makes a prediction, instead of going back on it, he doubles down and shows he is rooting against anything good

1 hour ago, ballpeen said:

His contract is up after this season

Alrighty then.  

Could he still be in line for one of the remaining HC jobs.  Per what I have found....no:

The Bengals eight candidates they’ve interviewed over the last week are all still available to be hired, but Hue Jackson and Vance Joseph remain the names with the most buzz behind them.

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, LondonBrown said:

Ian Rappaport

After visiting with the #AZCardinals today, former #Broncos HC Vance Joseph is getting on a plane to interview for the #Browns DC job, source said. Perhaps the #Jets after that.

We could do worse, but...  

25 minutes ago, The Gipper said:

Alrighty then.  

Could he still be in line for one of the remaining HC jobs.  Per what I have found....no:

• Todd Monken, former Buccaneers offensive coordinator (linked to Bengals 
  • Vance Joseph, former Broncos head coach (linked to Bengals)
  • The Bengals eight candidates they’ve interviewed over the last week are all still available to be hired, but Hue Jackson and Vance Joseph remain the names with the most buzz behind them.

Joseph may think working for El Cheapo Grande is less enticing than taking a DC job elsewhere- like Cleveland.  :)

Monken has been rumored as a candidate for the Browns OC gig.   EDIT: more than a rumor now,,  https://www.wkyc.com/article/sports/nfl/browns/report-browns-to-interview-todd-monken-for-offensive-coordinator-opening/95-555471a0-6eae-4e69-8c4b-14f1026c5296  

9 hours ago, LBC mike said:

Who had the nastiest defense in college?  Who was their coach?

The defensive coordinator at Clemson is Brent Venables.he's been solid 5 years straight now. He could land another college HC'ing job.. In the ACC, the other good DC is at Virginia Tech's Bud Foster..He wants the VT's head coaching job..

On Vance Joseph when he was brought to Denver:

Joseph’s NFL coaching tree has strong roots and is influenced from two of the league's best defensive minds, Mike Nolan and Wade Phillips, two coaches who have had infinite success in the NFL—not to mention some extremely successful stints in Denver. Nolan and Phillips both run a 3-4 defense, Joseph’s preferred scheme as well. Which should allow for a smooth transition for the Broncos 'D'.

Denver's newest head coach has also shown some great adaptability in his last two stops as he was the defensive back’s coach with the Cincinnati Bengals in a 4-3 scheme, having great success, he then coordinated the Miami Dolphins defense this year in a 4-3 scheme that better suited his personnel.

Though only having been a coordinator for a year, Joseph’s coaching success isn’t simply measured in his reputation as a great leader and human being but as a high-level teacher especially in the art of creating turnovers.