THE BROWNS BOARD

Freddie's Staff searches

Canton Mike

One name that popped into my head is Carson Palmer. He just retired in early 2018, knows Freddie well (in fact, was instrumental in getting Freddie his life saving medical help), & could be a tremendous assistant on the offensive side of the ball IF he would be interested. Just a thought.

What names can you folks think of, particularly on D.

Mike

There has to be a role here for De Fillipo. It wasn’t a good fit for him with Zimmer but he’s a good offensive mind I’d like to see in the staff. Him, Baker and King Frederick of Berea will be a good mix. 

11 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

One name that popped into my head is Carson Palmer. He just retired in early 2018, knows Freddie well (in fact, was instrumental in getting Freddie his life saving medical help), & could be a tremendous assistant on the offensive side of the ball IF he would be interested. Just a thought.

Mike

Carson Palmer seems to think Josh Allen will be a better QB than Baker Mayfield so not so sure I want that guy. I wouldn't mind seeing Jack Del Rio as D coordinator, or Vance Joseph, maybe even Steve Wilks.

6 minutes ago, Louisville Slugger said:

If we land a combo of Deflippo and Pagano I will be pumped. I would be a little concerned with a power struggle between kitchens and deflippo 

I never liked flip's designed QB running options. Way to screw up a franchise in one bad read.

58 minutes ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

Jim Schwartz.

• Upvote 1

In a couple weeks, the Browns could probably land Manny Diaz and Kliff Kingsbury, they dont seem to stay at a job they get hired to for more than a couple weeks.

Then in the weeks that follow, we can revisit this lol 

3 hours ago, ballpeen said:

Jim Schwartz.

Jim's from Maryland. His daughters attend Georgetown like Jim did. I'd love the idea of landing him, but imo he's a HC or he stays in philly..McCarthy is getting paid & can sit a year..The Jets might be in the same family lo-cal..stay tuned..Can the Jets trade for a DC or HC only?  Edit-- as i post this.. Rapsheet says Adam Gase to Jets..them dummies :huh:

2 hours ago, Dutch Oven said:

I think Ray Horton would be an intriguing hire as DC. 

PLEASE put this in pink!!!   EDIT: Your friendly Moderators aim to please...   

Mike

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Gunz41 said:

In a couple weeks, the Browns could probably land Manny Diaz and Kliff Kingsbury, they dont seem to stay at a job they get hired to for more than a couple weeks.

Then in the weeks that follow, we can revisit this lol 

I'll give Cow-pie credit at least for pointing this out. Other than beating Kansas with regularity, Kingsbury's coaching record sucks against the rest of the college ranks....   

3 hours ago, Canton Mike said:

Mike

I'd prefer some experienced guys since he's a 1st time HC. I know he coached under Whisenhunt in ARZ who had Russ Grimm who could be his OL/AHC and Teryl Austin was also on staff too. Tom Moore also coached with Kitchens in ARZ. 

1 hour ago, Zombo said:

I think we should branch out and get Stump .......  or am I barking up the wrong tree

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hoorta said:

I'll give Cow-pie credit at least for pointing this out. Other than beating Kansas with regularity, Kingsbury's coaching record sucks against the rest of the college ranks....   

Reminds me of the Al Golden hire in Miami at Miami University... I believe Donna Shalala was Athletic director then....

10 hours ago, gumby73 said:

Jim's from Maryland. His daughters attend Georgetown like Jim did. I'd love the idea of landing him, but imo he's a HC or he stays in philly..McCarthy is getting paid & can sit a year..The Jets might be in the same family lo-cal..stay tuned..Can the Jets trade for a DC or HC only?  Edit-- as i post this.. Rapsheet says Adam Gase to Jets..them dummies :huh:

That may be.  I was just responding to a question and mentioned Schwartz, who I like.

11 hours ago, hoorta said:

I dont know what you are giving him credit for?